Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WarGames League v.5 (WGL 5) Full Release

The mod is good! One little gripe,the crouched walking/running anim's look stupid! It's as though the unit is leaning so far forward he could fall over!It was easy for me to replace the anim.However some peep's may not be able to do so.Take a look for yourself's,i'm sure you will all agree. p.s thank's for fixing the link to the dma dyna war mission's on you're forum biggrin_o.gif

GREAT WORK!!!

I love the new explosions! Great when your using COC arty!

The dust actually stays there for a while! Veryy nice!

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

burroughs mate - cool down smile_o.gif

i will upload working data3d tomorrow.

the idea with the p3d files is that you are easily merge this in a skypack for example.

Was it intentional to have different iron sights for the M16, M4A1SD and M4A1+M203?

Umm... no - not really - just didn't... ahh... get to it... whistle.gif

I noticed that on the screen shot page for the WGL Island pack you have Messor Island shown. However when I grabed the Island pack it was missing in the addons. sad_o.gif Screen shot of it was also included in the Download, so I guess it was suppose to be in the package.

when i get a momnet ill add a full DL link to the replacement packs allready to go (mod folder ready)....

this will be for the lazy folks like myself biggrin_o.gif

i have one setup need to make sure the download wasn't updated.

i plan to set it up this weekend,im far to busy at work to do anything in the week.....

Can someone please help? I'm trying to get the mod to work, I've installed the mod correctly, using the @wgl5 mod folder. However, every time I go to start WGL it launches OFP and I receive an error message when trying to start a WGL campaign stating that the WGL files cannot be found. Can anyone help? Thanks. confused_o.gif

@rekster

hm yes. it was supposed to be in there. we will do an update and merge it in. anyway you can get it at ofp.info (messor).

@Rikki Tikki Tavi

WGL wiki about Models_Base: Advanced - How To Make Your Own Config (almost at the end).

@rheydrich

can you please repharse your question. i dont get it, sorry  :hm:

@Speed123:

WGL wiki about the installation

double check:

1. the structure is like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\operationflashpoint\@wgl5\

and this folder contains

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">...\operationflashpoint\@wgl5\addons

...\operationflashpoint\@wgl5\bin

...\operationflashpoint\@wgl5\dta

...\operationflashpoint\@wgl5\doc

2. your link:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">*\OperationFlashpoint\flashpointresistance.exe -nosplash -nomap -mod=@wgl5

if that doesnt help, please post screenshots about your problem - i would be great to post about your problem in the WGL forum in the future to keep this clean from other posts  :tup:

This mod is excellent, just downloaded yesterday and couldn't tear myself away from it. The AI is better than any mod I've played before. Great work WGL team!

One request, it would be appreciated if you guys could create a config which uses your units instead of the basic BIS ones. Is this under development?

This is great mod! biggrin_o.gif

Some things are bad though.

Things like AT teams have machine guns instead of AT weapons.

And when you throw smoke grenades,then some objects behind the smoke,(like forests) become invisible.Sounds stupid,doesn't it?

Try to throw a smoke grenade towards a forest thats about 200m away from you and look what happens.

Thanks again for your feedback.

As for the model issue, I recommend you check out our wiki site as it describes how to alter the visible models in game (I particularly like DMA Army).

The reason things become invisible when using smoke is because there is a "view blocker" included inside some smoke effects (like smoke grenades).  This makes it so the AI can not see through the smoke.  Whereas human player vision is blocked by cloudlets (such as smoke effects), the AI see right through it.  Therefore we had to put in a view blocker so they AI were affected as well.  One limitation we encountered when doing this is that cloudlets can be programmed to respond to wind - while objects can not.  As a result, sometimes (especially on windy days) you can more clearly see the result of the view blocker - that of making everything behind it disappear.  (We are also aware of the problem with smoke grenades in MP - we are working on it).

Hopefully ArmA will address this issue - or at least allow us to find a better "work around."

AT teams are carrying MGs?  Can you specify which ones please?  We tried to make sure the loads were in accordance with TO&E or "real world" loadouts.  However with the hundreds of units/vehicles it is possible we made a mistake and never noticed it.  We had a very long BETA period to try and avoid such issues, but it is possible that mistakes made it through.

For those that are reluctant to try WGL 5 because of the size of the download, I recommend you get some type of download manager and let it run overnight - it is worth it.  For those that are worried that it is really only for Multiplayer games, please rest assured that we spent a great deal of time making sure it would appeal to the SP gamer as well.  It has its roots in MP, but its branches have spread far and wide.  We are even looking into making it into a novel for yound adults.   wink_o.gif

A variety of videos have been posted at the WGL homepage.  If you are the type of person that wants to see before you make a decision (I'm that way), please follow the link to view some of the videos and the wealth of screenshot available for viewing.  If you watch the videos, I recommend the one entitled, "WGL5_Zeus_Two_brave_men_and_an_IED."  It is a relatively humorous (although it probably wasn't for the "two brave men") section taken from a live MP mission.  

Additional screenshots and movies are added regularly, so check back often for updated information.

Again, thanks for all your awesome feedback.  I am personally glad to see that many people seem to be enjoying all the work that the WGL team has put into this MOD over the last year and a half.  Thanks!

Thanks again for your feedback.

As for the model issue, I recommend you check out our wiki site as it describes how to alter the visible models in game (I particularly like DMA Army).

Hi Phaeden, could you point me to the appropriate url?  I can't seem to find this page you refer to.

Also, where can I find the DMA Army models you mention?

Fantastic work gentlemen. I've only just gotten into WGL when it was still v5 beta, a few days before the final release in this thread.

So far I've only encountered one pop-up error as shown below. And wondered if any cause or fix was available. Sorry, I can't remember which mission this occured in. If I come across it again I'll post about where/when it happened.

1stwglerror1lr.jpg

Also one of the things I noticed about choosing the grey GUI scheme is that text shown on your radio is almost invisible unless the mouse is hovered over it (however this could be my crap monitor).

One of the most admirable things about this mod is the mission packs, containing hundreds of missions, even if alot are just conversions from one island to another.*

I like that vehicles no longer crumple like paper but is it possible to increase the chances of smoking wreckage? I really like to wipe out an entire tank platoon and have charred smoking armour strewn over the battle field, without it the battle seems to give less of a recent conflict feeling.

Is it possible to hide the default blufor 'groups' aswell as individual units?

I've installed 232 coop missions contained in the pack (excluding DM/TDM/C&H/CTF) and was wondering why some use default (BIS?) blufor not WGL blufor units?

Is there a way to covert every reference of REDFOR in the editor and in-game to OPFOR? I just prefer the term weather accurate or not.

I was wonder if it was possible and or acceptable to turn off the 'Enlist at squadengine' and 'System Verified' sidechat messages at the beginning of missions? I guess I could live with the system verified message. I'm all for a bit of shameless self promotion like the letters WGL on the compass and what not but don't need a clan invite at the beginning of every mission I play.

<off-topic>

Is Phaedens work on VBS1 + 2 official or more free addon work? I would assume it is official given the VBS2 is still in development.**

</off-topic>

*Some of the other things worthy of mention are Tracer effects, Ruck system, lingering particles, secondary explosions, Infantry damage system, (dis)mountable mortars/HMGs, proper groupings based on actual TO&E, R-Rated stringtable.csv and a great deal more.

**Feel free to PM the answer to this if it's deemed a restricted question for these boards... or ignore it alltogether.

Thankyou for the effort to all who have contributed to this most excellent mod. And a big thankyou to...

. Phaeden

. Killswitch

. Q

edit @Seminara:

about the machine guns:

only the USMC teams don't have AT weapons,everybody else are just fine.

page is down again banghead.gif

I've made a 14 minute video of MP coop play on the Zeus Server from yesterday. It is available at Google Videos. I plan on uploading a higher resolution version on our home forums, but that may take some time.

The mission was for Zinef to command a full Ranger platoon, heavy weapons section, and artillery using the Chain of Command Command Engine and Unified Artillery. We were to enter and control a valley on Gaia island. We inserted using two CH-47s. Once on the ground, we began moving in a platoon on-line formation down the gentle valley. After a few minutes, we spotted some infantry moving near the village of John. Within a few seconds they spotted us and engaged at fairly long range. Jinef called in artillery and was able to nuetralize most of them. It seems that the destruction of that squad prompted the enemy command to send in armor to investigate. This was really bad news for us as the T-72 and BMP began to quickly eliminate our platoon. Fortunately, CAS in the form of a lone AH-1 Cobra showed up and lit into the armor - destroying both within seconds of each other. We took the next few minutes to determine casualties and call in a medivac helicopter. After our casualties were taken care of, we again pressed onward down the valley. Again, we encountered enemy infantry. Once again, Jinef called in arty and after a few adjustments was able to get effective rounds on target. We did not complete the mission as we still had two towns to control and had very little of our platoon left.

It was a hell of a lot of fun. One thing that I personally enjoy is that these missions have a "story line." Each mission takes time, but in that time, you get to become involved in the virtual world.

Hey phaeden I was wondering why the smoke from the guns have been taken out, the smoke that lingers after a few rounds being shot off?

Also I didn't get back to you about the ironsights topic, I understand now why the ironsights have a almost see through, or clear look, thanks that clears things up.

Lastly I was wondering is it possible to create more death animations for soldiers, for example when a soldier gets shot, or blown up animations, that are situation specific.

Thanks

Managed to download the whole content now, started playing those many converted missions to those endless maps, and I am most pleased what I discovered. Thank you to whole team for the tremendous amount of work invested into this excellent product (mod, mission conversions, wiki support). thumbs-up.gif

Only thought I have regarding the SP missions, is to renaim them reflecting the map they play on. At the moment I just cant tell them apart, need to start them to see the map the encounter on.

Also the rework of the M16 sights are nicely done, why doesnt the AK get the same kind of attention ironsight wise, or do you tend to play west side most of the time?