Sign in to follow this  
Milkduster

Black Ops in ArmA?

You can have them but give us the options to skip over them! Many of us absolutely hate the stealth missions.

Yeah, and make us skip tank missions, too .. it's an infantry simulation anyways ..  whistle.gif

Oh hey thanks for reading my post. I specifically said give the option to skip stupid Splinter Cell wannabe spec ops missions that are always boring.

Also, one or 3 man spec ops teams sneaking by themselves into enemy bases IS NOT REALISTIC, it's not a simulation at all. It's a james bond wannabe crap.

Ukraineboy, if you look back through the thread you'll find that anders^on was agreeing with your opinion about the stealth missions AND was suggesting a similar approach for TANK missions.

Codarl, namecalling of other members is considered flaming, consider yourself warned. Any repeat performances will result in a post restriction.

Ukraineboy, please do not respond to flamebaiting. Once a matter is reported to moderators, please leave us to deal with it.

You can have them but give us the options to skip over them! Many of us absolutely hate the stealth missions.

Yeah, and make us skip tank missions, too .. it's an infantry simulation anyways .. whistle.gif

Oh hey thanks for reading my post. I specifically said give the option to skip stupid Splinter Cell wannabe spec ops missions that are always boring.

Also, one or 3 man spec ops teams sneaking by themselves into enemy bases IS NOT REALISTIC, it's not a simulation at all. It's a james bond wannabe crap.

Ukraineboy, if you look back through the thread you'll find that anders^on was agreeing with your opinion about the stealth missions AND was suggesting a similar approach for TANK missions.

My apologies if he was sincere, but added with the little whistling emoticon it looked like he was being sarcastic.

Ukrainboy spreading his bad mojo as usual.

edit: You can already skip missions for crying out loud so shut up about it.

Nah, actually I wasn't. Or are you just playing along with the irony yourself ? huh.gif

Since everyone's got there own preferences of stealth/tank/infantry/plane missions anyway, it's pointless to make either one skipable.

And, as Codarl already suggested in rather harsh words, there'll always be the possibility of cheating and skipping missions you don't personally like.

There is a slight difference though. I might choose not to play some optional ninja mission but I would never use a cheat to skip one that is not optional.

Since everyone's got there own preferences of stealth/tank/infantry/plane missions anyway, it's pointless to make either one skipable.

Why is it pointless if it's optional?

Yeah but to do this I have to cheat. How about letting us skip retarded james bond wannabe missions instead of forcing us to cheat?

Anyways that said, the whole OFP Campaign sucked anyways so I'm not gonna get too worked up about ArmA campaign is it will suck anyways. MP and Missions is where it's at. Too much bullshit rambo crap in OFP Campaign, probably same in ArmA.

Guest Ti0n3r

What doesn't suck in your opinion? icon_rolleyes.gif

You could ofcourse actually argue against my points, instead of throwing around comments here and there. Oh wait, you can't argue against my points because I am right. Sorry buddy.

Guest Ti0n3r
You could ofcourse actually argue against my points

Sure; The old OFP campaigns were amazing and without any doubt the two best OFP campaigns ever (In my opinion).

You could ofcourse actually argue against my points, instead of throwing around comments here and there. Oh wait, you can't argue against my points because I am right. Sorry buddy.

IIRC you thought that they werent realstic, and well, you are partly right, after the first 6 or 7 mission you usually faced and enormous amount of enemies. But if you want it totally realstic you should buy VBS, OFP is still a game, and therefore, you will probably play James Bond once or twice wink_o.gif

Black Op. Some one said that he felt like being actual Spec Op in the campaign as he was playing. Shit, that was only little part of being "Black Op". As true Black Op you should be 99% of time watching your back, sides and front wether in rest, on move or completing a mission. Always under stress and "fear" that some enemy sees you. As if your caught, there's no easy way out of sitsuation, probably only in goffin.

Read couple books about REAL Black Ops in "action" (as generaly they just try to stay hidden). Then fast hit to target and again hiding week or two somewhere. Not enough sleep or food or fear that EVAC is busted. Better again read about WW2 men who had to find their way across enemy lines and after a mounth get back behind their own lines. forexample finnish sissi-troopers most dangerous part was after the strike, as massive amout of soviets were hunting them down. hunger and lack of rest made these trips usually inferno. as they were moving in foot or sking on their own.

As long as Black ops in AA are just killing machines for half an hour in some enemy base. I can't speak about realism, as true survival of these men depends events before and after the mission.

Quote[/b] ]MP and Missions is where it's at.

Hard to imagine that anyone is willing to play online with you with the attitude you have. Just wondering...

OFP is a game, ArAs will be a game.

Game -> not real

I liked the stealthy missions, I liked the infantry missions and I liked the vehicle missions be it in the CWC campaign or the additional single-player missions. There are still some campaign missions that give me shivers. Maybe you should play the campaign on hardest level and not only in Cadet mode.

Yeah but to do this I have to cheat. How about letting us skip retarded james bond wannabe missions instead of forcing us to cheat?

Anyways that said, the whole OFP Campaign sucked anyways so I'm not gonna get too worked up about ArmA campaign is it will suck anyways. MP and Missions is where it's at. Too much bullshit rambo crap in OFP Campaign, probably same in ArmA.

There is no right and wrong in relation to opinions.. you should know that by now.

Nah, actually I wasn't. Or are you just playing along with the irony yourself ?  huh.gif ...

Nah, I simply didn't detect the sarcasm.

My apologies to both you and Ukraineboy for my muddying of the waters.

And as it turns out, Ukraineboy is much better at detecting internet sarcasm than I am, so your point still got across.

I remember that the vehicle simulation (or lack thereof) was slammed pretty hard by a number of game reviewers, so I just figured that there were probably players who would rather do without than have to deal with the simplistic vehicle combat.