Guest Ti0n3r

In case you haven't seen it yet smile_o.gif

TOP1 website.

Core system

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

Living Battlefield

img3.jpg

I read the What is TOP1 part but i still have no idea what its supposed to do? huh.gif

Wow that looks great, particuly the AAR, never even heard of it before despite it already being released in Czech language.

The living battlefield looks abit like DAC, but taken abit further.

My friend call it amateur VBS smile_o.gif

It's system of many script, which enable you to set many parameters before mission (like weather, daytime, role which you will play) and creates review file of whole mission (like AAR in VBS1), but only on map. After it you can play that review on OPERA1 and you can watch unit positions, ther ratings, statuses, names, sides, ... not perfect as in VBS, but it is the best what I can do in OFP.

English version will be ready soon (I hope that it will be this weekend), I'm waiting only for translation, because my English is not so good smile_o.gif

Now I'm working on Living Battlefield mission(s), where is almost everything generated randomly, like enemy start positions, their waypoints and weapons. Mission takes place on desert, so you must drink to prevent weariness, and you can find some items which will make your way easy (like radio to listen enemy's communication, bandages, key, walkman smile_o.gif, ...).

Man,just when you think OFP can't get any better,somebody comes up with something biggrin_o.gif

though this looks sooo much like a VBS1 wannabee, I dont give a shit biggrin_o.gif . It looks good, and I think that combined with some ECP / WGL elements, this could very well be the ultimate mod to make OFP a military simulator! biggrin_o.gif

shock and aww. wow sounds great looking forward too the english version.

STGN

Im really suprised I havnt even heard of this intill now! crazy_o.gif How long had it been in development?

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh and some of this stuff is released so I guees a mod should move it to A&M: Complete smile_o.gif

Edit: Or perhaps close this one and let the authors create a new one in A&M Complete?

Wanted this for OFP for long time  wow_o.gif When i saw VBS1 it hade some kind of replay though it will be never in OFP. Can't wait for english version! wow_o.gif  inlove.gif This addon will make my day, now OFP will be even more enjoyable  biggrin_o.gif

Oh and some of this stuff is released so I guees a mod should move it to A&M: Complete smile_o.gif

Edit: Or perhaps close this one and let the authors create a new one in A&M Complete?

Its completed, but in czech language only. English version arent ready at the moment.. and i think.. this is english forum. smile_o.gif

Just found some time to try it, and i am impressed, just played the TOP1 mission 1 and watched the OPERA1 aar.

Very nice to have those statistics on who killed who, so i can track which ones of my troops performed well.

I spotted a problem,

If i launch fwatch with -nomap , the TOP1 mission 1 will kill me as soon as the mission start, after the cutscene is finished it seems that i appear in the sea.

Without adding -nomap to the fwatch shortcut , there is no problem, the mission play fluently.

As -nomap is supposed to manage memory differently in OFP, this may be the source of the problem, or maybe it is related to OS , as 9x/ME manage memory that fwatch "catch" differently than XP/2000 .

But anyways, without -nomap TOP1 mission 1 play very well and the replay can be watched (i spent some time to understand that the ID i had to enter in OPERA1 was 01 , i thought it was those serie of 00011##-like numbers that appear in the mission menu interface).

Good job, impressive to see a replay feature for a mission that is offering some nice stats and allow you to monitor what was going around.

thanks to Gaia / Stranger, Celoush, Faly, LAW, Stene, Blackjabel, Martinius, MilWin thumbs-up.gif

impressive work smile_o.gif

i got it to work after a bit of trying. biggrin_o.gif

really interested to see how it performs in a large scale mission with hundreds of units and the mission taking like an hour smile_o.gif

my questions for your future readme:

~ where does the mission ID come from

~ where to put the 'replay' files (i know by now)

~ how to implement the system in a mission

~ possible to track the units in slower/quicker cycle

again great job !

Everything will be described in readme, just wait for complete English version - in current Czech version are only some texts translated.

Scripts in first mission will be also commented for everyone who wants to create his own mission. All TOP1 scripts are located in addon and creator can define important parameters, like list of units to record or delay between record steps, in init.sqs

BTW: Creating mission is much easier if you can see positions of all units smile_o.gif

Thanks for report of -nomap bug, I'll check it.

Hmm I've downloaded it and installed (put top1_core.pbo to res/addons, fwatch files to operationflashpoint/ and missions to /missions) My ofp crushed after mission's intro. What's wrong?

very nice!

i havent tried this out yet but

is only the map visible in the review mod or can you aswell switch to 3d perspektive?

shoudlnt be too hard i guess

aswell as making and ingame observer similar to vbs1 obs

basically both are the same only diffrence is that aar creates a mission with a additional cfg that loads all the events

I like the randomizing aspect of this project, but I don't understand the need for a replay ability? Why would you want to watch a bunch of AI you've just witnessed first hand kill eachother again? Unless you're using OFP to train for some kinda real life equivalent, (which is why VBS1 has this replay ability, so analysis can be made of the performance of the trainee being tested) I don't see the point?

Looks very professional. However I will wait for the english version before I test it. Any ideas on an ETA for that?

edit: @Shashman - If it allows an in game replay with user controlled cameras then I see it being very useful for OFP movie makers.

However I will wait for the english version before I test it. Any ideas on an ETA for that?

Gaia:

Quote[/b] ]English version will be ready soon (I hope that it will be this weekend),

Without adding -nomap to the fwatch shortcut , there is no problem, the mission play fluently.

As -nomap is supposed to manage memory differently in OFP, this may be the source of the problem, or maybe it is related to OS , as 9x/ME manage memory that fwatch "catch" differently than XP/2000 .

IIRC the problem is that you are using Win98/ME with nomap; fwatch assumes by using nomap, that you have win2000/xp and uses so called pipes (that were not available in 98/ME) for communicating with OFP.

I like the randomizing aspect of this project, but I don't understand the need for a replay ability? Why would you want to watch a bunch of AI you've just witnessed first hand kill eachother again? Unless you're using OFP to train for some kinda real life equivalent, (which is why VBS1 has this replay ability, so analysis can be made of the performance of the trainee being tested) I don't see the point?

Maybe for the same reason i always enjoyed watching a replay of my poor or good performance in a mission in Ghost Recon or just a coop that went very well.

No need of people training or analysis reason, replay is just an enjoyable feature, like being able to pilot the civilian tractor in a battlefield smile_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]

IIRC the problem is that you are using Win98/ME with nomap; fwatch assumes by using nomap, that you have win2000/xp and uses so called pipes (that were not available in 98/ME) for communicating with OFP.

Thanks for the precision.

The good side for 9x/Me owners is that it works very well without -nomap, so if you have such OS, do not use -nomap when playing with TOP1.

Hmm I've downloaded it and installed (put top1_core.pbo to res/addons, fwatch files to operationflashpoint/ and missions to /missions) My ofp crushed after mission's intro. What's wrong?

got the same problem

fwatch is working (tested some features) but after mission intro ofp crashed.

using w2k system and -nomap

Same reasons as why games such as Lock On have replay featuremaybe some peopel want to see how they performed in mission so next time they can do better. Personally i find replays fun to watch. Its more satesfying then watching screen that says Mission Complete "20x RPG soldiers killeld" with no information or visual on how you killed each of them.

I am wondering something; Why have you used VBS1 soldiers in screenshots to promote your work, when it clearly isnt included, wich would be illegal anyway.