Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

A html-question.

I'm making a homepage with frames (so I can have menu and page in a nice way)

I just need some clearification.

right now the only menu-frame is menu.html, but do I need a new menu-file (frame) for each different site, so they all can load it in the correct target (main, addons, missions or whatever the current frame is)?

Or is it me who's just doing it wrong?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

The ATI/AMD thing is rather interesting as AMD has always worked closely with nVidia. I wonder how this will shake things up whistle.gif

A html-question.

I'm making a homepage with frames (so I can have menu and page in a nice way)

I just need some clearification.

right now the only menu-frame is menu.html, but do I need a new menu-file (frame) for each different site, so they all can load it in the correct target (main, addons, missions or whatever the current frame is)?

Or is it me who's just doing it wrong?

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

One advice, don't use frames, use tables and includes. It makes the website alot better index-wise (search engines etc.). And as a personal thing, I vote for tables as well.

If you DO go ahead and use frames though, one way to do it, is to have a meta-refresh set to "0" on every page that loads the new menu.html in your menu-frame (target="menu" or whatever it's called).

Cheers

Driven by ATi R580+, ATi Radeon X1950XTX is the next trump card from ATi. Its model code and PCB version are 215BAABKA31FG and 102-A91501-00 respectively. Same as R580, it has 16 Pixel Shader pinelines, 48 Pixel Shader processors, and 8 Vertex Shader engine. Features at GDDR4 memory, it’s equipped with 512MB 2GHz DDR. Sources indicated that ATi Radeon X1950 Crossfire is releasing on the same date with XTX version. Similar to the XTX version, the PCB version of the CrossFire version is 102-A98801-00. Both of them are available in late Aug. the final version of ATi Radeon X1950XTX is shown as below, the design of heat sink is a little bit different from those widely spread previously.

Radeon X1950XTX is the replacement of the old king, Radeon X1900XTX, and targeted on nVidia Geforce 7900GTX 512MB. The price of the CrossFire version the same as XTX and is set at $399 to $499.

Samsung and Hynix are producing GDDR4 for manufactures using cutting-edge technologies called DBI (Data Bus Inversion) and Multi-Preamble, enable it to 56% faster than the top model of GDDR3. It’s expected that GDDR4 is going to replace GDDR3 in performance level in the upper half of 2007. The fastest record of GDDR4 is made by Hynix -0.7ns 16M x 32 512Mb GDDR4. It’s able to work in 2.9GHz with 11.6 Gb/s. Hynix plans to release a faster version of GDDR4 with 14.4Gb/s in the end of 2006.

X1950XTX picture

Sounds like a very good gfx, and seing as AMD and Ati now works together, maybe the max performance is completed by an AMD cpu.

smile_o.gif

....and i also read that Intel is planing to release 4 core CPU-s at the end of 2006 (although its just 2X 2core Cpu-s together-but who cares ,its going to be sweet),and as for AMD-they are planing to release true 4 core CPU-s in the middle of 2007....

..and im planing to buy new computer at the end of year so this is realy nice news (4 core CPU-s,x1950xtx...)..

yay.gif

biggrin_o.gif

And a question about internetz tounge2.gif

If I have 100/100(mbps) connection, is a switch that supports 10/100 enough, or do I need the 10/100/1000.

In that case, what do I need to support a gbps connection?

Guest Ti0n3r

It would work.

But it would also turn you connection into a 10/100 one (not 100% sure about it though):

Or am I out riding the bike here?

Apparently Intel has revoked ATI's license to make P4 chipsets. This means if you want a Crossfire + Pentium you're screwed. Then again, Crossfire was a trainwreck from the start. Oh well.

Crossfire and SLI in my eyes are useless anyway, I really don't see the need ever to have more than 1 gfx-card in a system to have a couple more fps. Its surely nice for overclockers and tweakers.

As for the license; Intel licence still there. Well anything can ofcourse still change in the future.

I really don't see the need ever to have more than 1 gfx-card in a system to have a couple more fps. Its surely nice for overclockers and tweakers.

And people that do heavy rendering and processing tasks wink_o.gif

i need help. i just got very old pc to repair. it seems to be abit ab-ph5. but i cant find manual. ive already used google and no success so far. ive also tried a few servers and forums focusing on hardware. no luck so far.

could anyone help me, please? i need to find out what means error indicated by one long and three sort beeps. something maybe be wrong with graphic card. it doesnt turn monitor on. ive tried to replace it with another s3 (it has only pci slots wow_o.gif) and no luck.

because ive started messing with computers since ive bought pentium II, this old motherboard (and case) looks pretty chaotic to me. too many cables just to make work things like ps2, serial and ltp port wow_o.gif

help.gif

edit: problem solved. thanks MrN notworthy.gif

I really don't see the need ever to have more than 1 gfx-card in a system to have a couple more fps. Its surely nice for overclockers and tweakers.

And people that do heavy rendering and processing tasks wink_o.gif

Which is all handled by the CPU and not the GPU wink_o.gif

If you're rendering complex stuff, you'll have a renderslave, you'll not render it with the same comp whistle.gif

Anyways, building website for Farmland, but I've got a problem...

The FireFox-users get's white background with black Times New Roman-text, instead of what's controlled by the CSS-file.

Why doesn't it work in FireFox?

Anyone knows?

Does anyone here have micro$oft visio and would be able to convert a vsd file to an image file for me?

Super OT i know but I am desperate for help...

Ben

Oakster,

PM me or send the file to my email listed in my profile.

I have Visio 2002, so if it's a Visio 2003 it might not work right, but I'll try.

If you're rendering complex stuff, you'll have a renderslave, you'll not render it with the same comp whistle.gif

Anyways, building website for Farmland, but I've got a problem...

The FireFox-users get's white background with black Times New Roman-text, instead of what's controlled by the CSS-file.

Why doesn't it work in FireFox?

Anyone knows?

And to add;

I sent one of the pages to a friend with FF, to fire it offline.

Still doesn't work, but it does for me (in FF now ofcourse).

So, what's wrong?

Depends on what MoBo you've got.

Get the best you can afford that the MoBo supports...

Yeah, the PC3200 is somewhat standard issue now adays tounge2.gif

Now that it has the resources of AMD behind, ATI Technologies is confident that it will be able to produce more compact, faster GPUs while being to reach the channel more effectively, and the graphics chip maker has indicated its rival is now standing alone in the market.

However, industry sources have indicated that Nvidia will soon announce that it will allow support of its SLI technology on Intel's chipset platforms, with the two companies already having met to discuss the partnership.

Intel met with Nvidia recently to seek ways to avoid any negative impact sprouting from the recent merger between AMD and ATI , the sources indicated.

Nice move,its been expected though (*bastards*) pistols.gif

..and another great news nener.gif ....

Advanced Micro Devices, the world’s No.2 maker of x86 microprocessors, last week released some details concerning its high-end gaming platform previously named 4x4. The firm now wants the technology to be called Quad-Father and says that enthusiasts with not limitless budgets will also be able to obtain an appropriate system.

AMD said that it will not only offer systems running two of its dual-core processors with system integrators, such as Alienware or VoodooPC, but will also offer bundles of two processors in one package, making the 4x4, or Quad-Father, technology available in the do-it-yourself (DIY) markets. The pricing on such bundles will start from approximately $1000, according to AMD’s Pat Moorhead.

It is currently unclear whether typical AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors, which pricing varies from $152 to $301, AMD Athlon 64 FX chips, which are usually priced in between $800 and $1100, or a new series of desktop-oriented processors will serve the Quad-Father platforms. The company at this time reviews possibilities to enable “step by step†4x4, where end-users could get only one chip initially and then add another one some time later.

During the press conference AMD demonstrated CineBench benchmark and said that the 4x4 platform provides 80% performance benefit compared to a similar one with a single dual-core microprocessor. The company did not estimate, what the performance will be like, when two quad-core processors are plugged in.

Advanced Micro Devices needs to offer a platform for enthusiasts that offers higher performance compared to Intel’s Core 2 Extreme-based computers. With the Quad-Father AMD talks about “megataskingâ€, a usage environment where users play games and perform compute-demanding tasks, such as rendering or video encoding.

Pricing of final systems is also unclear.

Quote[/b] ]Depends on what MoBo you've got.

Get the best you can afford that the MoBo supports...

Asrock 939Dual SATA2 Mobo - Å39.07

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=21883

Thats the mobo. Is this the best stuff i can buy for this mobo? Also would it be worth buying an extra stick of it to have 2gb of RAM overall?

Cheers.

hmm i havent noticed my pc being slow ,but by chance i looked at my mobo interface and noticed my cpu was running at only 1000Mhz, its an AMD 3700+ san diego and it sits in a gigabyte k8nf-9 or something. heres what the interface says.

mhzquestionya8.jpg

is it normal , it dont look like it lol, unless its just idling ?

anyway its beyond my knowledge any answers apreciated.

Btw i have touched nothing apart from recently installing cough windows xp home cough.

i need help. i just got very old pc to repair. it seems to be abit ab-ph5. but i cant find manual. ive already used google and no success so far. ive also tried a few servers and forums focusing on hardware. no luck so far.

could anyone help me, please? i need to find out what means error indicated by one long and three sort beeps. something maybe be wrong with graphic card. it doesnt turn monitor on. ive tried to replace it with another s3 (it has only pci slots wow_o.gif) and no luck.

because ive started messing with computers since ive bought pentium II, this old motherboard (and case) looks pretty chaotic to me. too many cables just to make work things like ps2, serial and ltp port wow_o.gif

help.gif

There aren't beep codes in this manual, but maybe it would help with jumper settings etc.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/manual/

Maybe this would help also...

1long, 2 short beeps / Video adapter error / Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

or

1long, 3short beeps / No video card or bad video RAM / Reseat or replace the video card

Found it here:

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

Good luck. smile_o.gif