Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

the bad thing is they are also asking me to send back the both 7900gtx 512 to exchange the two 7950gt 512. also, when i bought 7900gtx it was like 5xxUSD per card, and one 7950gt is only about half the price of a 7900GTX512. I'm trying to collect as much as info as possible before i call back.

thank you for your help thumbs-up.gif

I cant believe the Alienware worker told me 7950gt is better when i ask isnt it not as good as 7900gtx right on the phone.

<s>Well, a single 7950 is better than a 7900 since the first has two GPU's in it, if they want to send you two you will have a PC with 4 GPU's in it, before the G80's the 7950 was nvidia's top graphics card, go for it thumbs-up.gif .

Remember that the GF7's price have dropped now because of the 8 series and the cards they will be sending will be brand spanking new</s> wink_o.gif .

Argh, all these models confuse me, you are wright.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006....e2.html

The 7950GT performs closer to the 7900GT it seems, i confused it with the GX2. They should be sending you a 7900GTX or exchanging both your cards with 7950GX2's!

Sorry bout that.

I called Alienware and they say they need to do a internel research first, than call me back confused_o.gif

I want to play my ARMA........... banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Thank you for that link, it really gave me a lot clear picture. thumbs-up.gif

I haven't decided yet, but I might buy a new monitor too and read positive reviews about the one beneath which you can buy for a fair price:

Samsung 940BW 19inch LCD Widescreen 1440x900 DUAL NM 4MS H160/V160 500:1 TCO03

If any of you guys have experience with it, feel free to share them.

I dont have enough money for the computer yet. crazy_o.gif

But i can pay mounthly is that a good idea? What is exactly is intrest and how munch do i need to pay extra?

I dont have enough money for the computer yet. crazy_o.gif

But i can pay mounthly is that a good idea? What is exactly is intrest and how munch do i need to pay extra?

Your link only took me to the home page, could you list the specs?

Quote[/b] ]I dont have enough money for the computer yet. crazy_o.gif

crazy_o.gif For the love of god and your parents, i hope you are a 5 year old kid, didn't received momies/daddies creditcard number or just a guy/girl with a big amount of black humor whistle.gif (and i do mean it seriously and hope i didn't offend you).

1. If you don't have enough money even to buy the price of a (mid or even high end computer) at once, please get a holiday job assuming you are old enough for that, but somehow i dought it.

2. If you don't know the meaning of 'interst', i really hope you have a small talk with your parent and they teach you some live leasons and how the world spins.

->If it may be usefull for you, monthly pay systems work simple. 99% of the online and other shop are looking for the easy victums of socaity and let them sign a certain amount of time contract where you monthly pay a predefined cost to them. After xxx months the purchase if officially payed, you are the official owner of it and your first lawn if official closed (some already by that time sold it or had to sell it to pay another montly payment tounge2.gif). In the end, depending on shop, you have payed the normal priece + xx% more (witch is called 'intrest'wink_o.gif and can that be very much more. Don't know any numbers as i would never do it!

Some live leason, NEVER EVER do stuff like that especially for that kind of things. This you could do (and most of us need to do) when you are buying a house or any other big purchase 'items'. Even a car is considered not to be done by this 'system'.

My word, if you don't have to money to buy it at once, then DON'T. It is a never ending circle and it wouldn't be the first that those people needs to get an other lawn to pay the other lawn.

Tomorrow's leason: How to earn the money (part1).

I am 15 and no i am not naive and dumb and i plan to a collage profesor or in politics as a career after serving in the syrian airforce.

This is not about my life this is about if the computer i have showen you will function Arma properly or not! So answer the question!

I need big time help

Finally d/l'ed armed Assault after getting dsl, which took 27 hours. After fiddling with security stuff, crossed my fingers and pressed play. It loaded biggrin_o.gif But with no sound banghead.gif

It seems that after unijnstalling window's vista and installing xp, my sound card-Soundmax HD wont work. I have the driver on the mobo disk but when I try to intall them I get the error- "The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found"

I've been googling like mad, does anyone have or know where to get this driver?

Help me Elves!!!

Intel® Pentium® 4 HT Technology enabled 3.4GHz

2GB DDR2-533MHz SDRAM (2x1024)

250GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

Windows Vista Home Basic

That is the computer specs that was in the link

I need big time help

Finally d/l'ed armed Assault after getting dsl, which took 27 hours. After fiddling with security stuff, crossed my fingers and pressed play. It loaded biggrin_o.gif But with no sound banghead.gif

It seems that after unijnstalling window's vista and installing xp, my sound card-Soundmax HD wont work. I have the driver on the mobo disk but when I try to intall them I get the error- "The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found"

I've been googling like mad, does anyone have or know where to get this driver?

Help me Elves!!!

Have you really googled all over? Tried soundmax vista atleast?

You have onboard sound, check with your mobo manufacturer if a vista compatible driver is available smile_o.gif .

No I'm using xp (unregistered), and the commando mobo comes with a plug -in soundcard so me thinks no onboard sound.

Intel® Pentium® 4 HT Technology enabled 3.4GHz

2GB DDR2-533MHz SDRAM (2x1024)

250GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1100

Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Basic

That is the computer specs that was in the link

Nope, integrated graphics just isnt good enough to run ANY game confused_o.gif

Just adding a better graphics card will do fine madman.

If the mobo has a pci-e slot that is, that should run Arma (apart from the graphics) but honestly i wouldnt purchase that PC to game with confused_o.gif .

PCI-E

The E is important here, PCI slots arent suited for videocards wink_o.gif

Intel® Pentium® D 820 (2.8GHz, 2MB,800MHz FSB)

2GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024)

320GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE, TV-Out, DVI, VGA

is that good enougn? It all equals $819.99

Maybe if you search a bit further for other computers around that price that you could come up with one that has a faster cpu speed and better graphic card because I think that those two will disappoint you for upcoming games and Arma.

Personally I think on low with that config and because the GeForce 7500LE isn't immediately a very good card.

But let's see what others have to say so you can be really sure.

On low if you are lucky but its better to save some more money, your CPU+mobo+RAM+videocard together should not cost less then 500€ if you want to play ArmA nicely on normal settings.

(I got a x2 4200+,mobo, 1gb ram, x1600xt for that and it plays ArmA fine on normal details, but i wouldnt advice anything less)