Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

I think there was a patch for old soundblasters (the Live model I think). Search for soundblaster and you should be able to find it. If that doesnt work, Id take out the card and use integrated audio, or get a newer X-Fi or Audigy if you want to save cash.

I this computer good enough?

http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/views.asp?hw_id=1461

If the link is not working here are the specs

CPU: AMD Athlon 64bit 3500+ AM2

Motherboard: MSI K9N AM2 Motherboard Raid,    USB2.0, 10/100 LAN, 6CH Sound Card Motherboard

Memory: 1GB DDR667 RAM

Hard Disk: Seagate160GB 7200RPM

Optical Disk:  DVD 16X - Dual Layer  Writer

Video Card: nVidia 7600GS PCI-E 256MB

Case:ATX Full Tower Case Black/Silver  with 2x USB2.0

$ 800 isn't very much to spend on a gaming rig, but this one seems good enough to get you playing Arma.

Just add 1 more gig of Ram if possible.

Stick with XP OS for now and go for Vista in a year or so.

That's why it took me a while to get back to you because I just bought my new comp with Vista Home Premium installed on it and the system was so unstable (too many beta drivers for now and stuff) that I immediately had to do a format and install XP Pro SP2 again.

Works like a charm now.

I'll install Vista again in 6 months if there are full version drivers for everything by then and when there is a decent bios update for my mobo.

Should have known better not to get so soon after release a new OS.

Was stupid of me.

Anyway, if that's what you can only afford for now, go for this one madman because I don't think you'll find something better for that amount of money.

sory for the qoustions but i have enouther is this computer good enough

Intel® Pentium® D 925 (3.0GHz, 4MB,800MHz FSB)

1GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x512)

250GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE

Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium

$689.99

I can get an xp software for free. Please show me a graphics card that does not excede my maximume budget of 800 including the computer if you have to go upove the limit then go right ahead but try not to exeed my price range.

i want it to be at leats in the midle of  of these two requirments http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/info/armasystem

here is the descktop model and all that stuff

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp...._series

That card is not good enough. Neither are the two "Upgrade" options that are there. What happened to the computer with the 7600?

that computer will cost me 1000 dollers an i cant play mouthly for it. huh.gif

I found a computer that has it

Intel® Core 2 Duo processor E6400 (2.13GHz)

1GB DDR2-533MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x512)

320GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, HD , TV-out, 2 DVI

$1,049.99

as low as $31 /mo+

here is the model

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp...._series

Thanks. I Might buy this today

Will this play Arma on high or very high. I heard that the grapphic card i have can play bf2124 and oblivion very good.

Hard to tell but my best bet with 1GB of Ram and because it seems a very demanding game I would rather play safe by saying on normal.

If your PC is correctly optimized, you can keep junk like spyware off of it and make sure that when you play games that not too many other stuff is running in the background you can try to set it to high but no guarantees from my part on that.

That should do the job perfectly. I have an older card than the 7600GT and it can tun Oblivion fairly well at 1280x1024 so I think this should do the job. Oblivion is much more demanding than ArmA

I keep going in circles here icon_rolleyes.gifbanghead.gif

All a good gaming pc needs is a good presser and ram aswell as a vedio cars is that correct?

I plan to just buy a computer with good prosser and ram and buy a grapphics card(7600gt) and just leave it to that.

Mainly yes, but a good motherboard is important too.

What's the problem madman, why are you going in circles?

We confirmed you the config you posted will do the job, so what's keeping you from purchasing it?

I keep going in circles here icon_rolleyes.gifbanghead.gif

All a good gaming pc needs is a good presser and ram aswell as a vedio cars is that correct?

I plan to just buy a computer with good prosser and ram and buy a grapphics card(7600gt) and just leave it to that.

Why the confusion, the spec you talked about there was more than good enough.

Window vista Home premium

Intel®Core2CPU 4300 @1.80GHz

0.99GB RAM

Intel®82945G Express Chipest Family

320GB Hard Drive

This is the computer i bought yesterday and now using right now. Will buying more ram fix the vista promblem with this game?

If i buy the 7600GT will it play arma on normal? and the resoulution is not somthing i am concerned about. Is their a vista version 7600gt or do i need to install xp

Can you guys show tell me if 256MB 7600GT graphics card. Is this 7600gt good enough http://www.newegg.com/Product....17exta6

@Operation Deadman

Your system looks good should play arma well. But buying Vista at this time may be a mistake, from what i understand all the drivers are still not finalized and many programs struggle running with Vista.

The GFX card is a good choice i reckon, i own a 6600 but if the 7600 is anything like a 6600 then it should be fine.

Anyway now to my question biggrin_o.gif

Ive got roughly 300 pounds to spend on a new graphics card but cant decide which to get. I was planning to get an 8800 but from the site I'm looking at most of the decent ones are out my price range.

Can anyone provide some help please? Cheers.

i got a problem here, since last night my computer started to send out mail with titles like "how to get bigger" or craps like that, now that i never used my Outlook and never have a mail server setup, but my anit-virus keep showing that i failed to send mail, the things that really bugged me is that i can find notthing with different anit-virus soft, norton, nod32, didnt do a thing, what should i do now?(i dont want to reformat my HDD toget rip if this little bugger)

I would NOT recomend a 8800GTX i have read about people who used that card with arma. Arma and a 8800GTX=very low setting. Hope fully this promblem will get fixed but for now dont get it.

I am on a budget too and a 7600GT is what i will recomend since it is (cheap 200 dollers retail price) and it can handle very demanding games like very well like oblivion, BF2142. So if it can play those games easly then it deaftly can play Arma. Check my URL above your reply to get it for half the price. wink_o.gif

Would the 7600GT work with visa? i need to now becuase i am using vista right now and dont intead to change it unless it is seriously effecting my games like arma.

I would NOT recomend a 8800GTX i have read about people who used that card with arma. Arma and a 8800GTX=very low setting. Hope fully this promblem will get fixed but for now dont get it.

Well, not necessarely.

The current "leader" of ArmA mark has SLI 8800GTX, and the runner-ups have single 8800GTX with different CPUs.

Their quality range from normal to high with WD of 1000m-3000m.

I would go for a 8800GTX, because they will probably fix the performance-issue in later patches.

wex

smile_o.gif

They might but i will wait if they do or not before buying it

And can you guys answer my question aswell?

Would the 7600GT work with visa? i need to now becuase i am using vista right now and dont intead to change it unless it is seriously effecting my games like arma

@Operation Deadman

Your system looks good should play arma well. But buying Vista at this time may be a mistake, from what i understand all the drivers are still not finalized and many programs struggle running with Vista.

The GFX card is a good choice i reckon, i own a 6600 but if the 7600 is anything like a 6600 then it should be fine.

Anyway now to my question biggrin_o.gif

Ive got roughly 300 pounds to spend on a new graphics card but cant decide which to get. I was planning to get an 8800 but from the site I'm looking at most of the decent ones are out my price range.

Can anyone provide some help please? Cheers.

The 8800GTS (320MB) should be in your price range.

@Operation madman: The 8800GTX is the fastest graphics card in existence. Just because a few people are having a few driver problems doesnt mean that its not a good card.

Theres no need for more RAM, you have enough there.

Yes, the 7600GT is a good graphics card and should work with Vista like any other nVidia card. There have been some issues with Vista's nVidia drivers, but they should be sorted out soon if they are not already.

Thank you very munch i will buy it tommorow since i dont have enough money in my debt card right now.

See you guys in the battle feild pistols.gifpistols.gif

I have a annoying bug/adware/spyware/malware/virus of some sort that minimizes programs,

that uses the full-screen, each hour (happens exactly at 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM, 3:00 AM etc.)

Is there anyone who knows what the heck this is? banghead.gif

Have you scanned your computer already with Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware?

Updated your antivirus program and performed an indept scan with that?