Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

it seems we go round and round here confused_o.gif

i understand that the money issus as i was one of those who didnt have incomes, but if you really want to have a enjoyable gaming experence(not only ARMA) then its better to save up and have a better PC then us(by the time you saved enought), and i am sure that you wont be sorry for the little time you lose

Big Video Codec Problem

A month ago I had to make a DVD for a school project and I downloaded the trial of Nero 7. Today, the trial expiered. I thought it didn't matter and wanted to watch a trailer, but I only had music. Same happend with all other video playback programs.

It seems like that Nero deleted all my video codecs when the version expiered. So I uninstalled the programm and restartet, which didn't help at all. Then I set my system back to yesterdays state, but I couldn't uninstall Nero anymore, because I got some critical shell error (whatever this means)

Then I looked for a codec pack in the internet and found XPCodecPack-2.0.6. I installed it and at least I can watch the videos now again, but many aren't in the right resolution and things look disorted.

And also the little pictures, which were showed while browsing through the folder are gone.

Does anyone know, what I can do? Any better codec suggestions?

How about this laptop?http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8233798&type=product&id=1168043102293

Can it run it on normal and the resolution on the 3rd or 2nd one. Would that be good enough?

Laptops are terrible with games, unless you buy one that costs about €2,500+ which is out of most peoples league...plus theres something about playing a game on a laptop, its not a pleasant experience messing around with one of those ***** touchpads....

@ k@voven: I feel your pain, trying to get a free working DVD codec is next to impossible these days. I had one ages ago, but I cant remember the name, and cant find the setup file. Hopefully someone around here knows the answer smile_o.gif

How about this laptop?http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8233798&type=product&id=1168043102293

Can it run it on normal and the resolution on the 3rd or 2nd one. Would that be good enough?

Laptops are terrible with games, unless you buy one that costs about €2,500+ which is out of most peoples league...plus theres something about playing a game on a laptop, its not a pleasant experience messing around with one of those ***** touchpads....

Indeed.

Save your money for a stationary computer, if it's aimed for gaming.

No reason to pay so much to get equal performance on a laptop, that you get for 50% of the money when buying a stationary.

@ k@voven: I feel your pain, trying to get a free working DVD codec is next to impossible these days. I had one ages ago, but I cant remember the name, and cant find the setup file. Hopefully someone around here knows the answer smile_o.gif

It's not about the DVD codec... I managed to restore most of the codecs, but not the avi one. I reinstalled WMP, Winamp, VLC and DivX again, but still I can't watch the .avi movies, only the sound is played.

It's not that important, because they're only game/movie trailers, but some of them are really cool and I like watching them...

My SLI configuration doesn't want to work anymore sad_o.gif

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6700

2x GF7950GT (SLI)

2GB RAM

Right, here's the deal. When I try to enable SLI, I just get a black screen. That's it, nothing else. When I go to restart, (using power button confused_o.gif ) It's also just a black screen where usually the user select menu would be. So I go into safe mode, restore to before I tried to enable it, and here I am...

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm thinking it might be driver related, but it has worked on the drivers I'm using now before...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help huh.gif

My SLI configuration doesn't want to work anymore  sad_o.gif

Specs:

Core 2 Duo E6700

2x GF7950GT (SLI)

2GB RAM

Right, here's the deal. When I try to enable SLI, I just get a black screen. That's it, nothing else. When I go to restart, (using power button  confused_o.gif ) It's also just a black screen where usually the user select menu would be. So I go into safe mode, restore to before I tried to enable it, and here I am...

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I'm thinking it might be driver related, but it has worked on the drivers I'm using now before...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help  huh.gif

Your monitor is plugged into the right card, right?

Also, for the guy having problems with his DVI-thingy (SHWiiNG). You might need to select 'Digital input' on your monitor-menu. It sounds like it is only checking your analogue input as of now, which logically has no signal in it wink_o.gif.

Your monitor doesn't require any drivers to use its digital input.

Your monitor is plugged into the right card, right?

Yeah, all plugged in correctly

Quote[/b] ]It's not about the DVD codec... I managed to restore most of the codecs, but not the avi one. I reinstalled WMP, Winamp, VLC and DivX again, but still I can't watch the .avi movies, only the sound is played.

Have you reinstalled Quicktime aswell ?

Hello BIS forum mates,

I just got an all new PC, and it has an XFX 7950 ExTreme, Now... would it be better to go SLI or buy an 8800 GTX?

Thanks,

I'd say 8800 cause it's DX10 THE FUTURE!!!

my friend has an 8800 runs ArmA like a dream mannn

I suggest going with a Nvidia FX5200. They are highly underated mate. Cost effective too I might add!

Hello BIS forum mates,

I just got an all new PC, and it has an XFX 7950 ExTreme, Now... would it be better to go SLI or buy an 8800 GTX?

Thanks,

Why bother changing? You wouldnt notice the difference...

Does Armed assault work with a PNY GeFORCE 6 6200 256MB DDR AGP8X?

Lukemax

Didnt you already have a thread open on this? You might be able to get it to run on very low settings, but dont expect it to work well. The 6200 is a very slow card.

Didnt you already have a thread open on this? You might be able to get it to run on very low settings, but dont expect it to work well. The 6200 is a very slow card.

Yeah but i cant find it huh.gif

Already asked this in the Arma hardware thread but I guess I´ll get an answer here.

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone here have ArAs tounge2.gif running with a LEADTEK WinFast A7600GT-TDH AGP ?

How does it perform ?

I´m simply refusing to buy a new comp right now as I´m very confident that prices will drop alot by the end of the year so I´m searching for an interim solution that is good enough to play ArAs on an acceptable level.

The other hardware is 2,8 Athlon XP clocked, 2 Gig DDR Ram and regular IDE HD´s with about 300 Gigs.

I´m not looking for a highend Arma performance. Just asking if this would run Arma ok.

Hey all,

I have been reading through the forums religously for about 4 days and keep getting conflicting info on the 7900 GS. Currently, it is in my price range, but I must know, is this a good card for ArmA?

If I bought a 7900 GS 256MB, how many frames w/ normal settings at 1024x768 should I expect?

Processor AMD x2 5200

1GB DDR2 800

SATA HD

PCI-E bus

Suggestions for a better card in this range are welcome (150-200 $ range or lower if possible)

I may SLI later

yeah i have an ocuk 7900gs 256

with

p4 2.8 gh

1 gig ram

with mostly all on v.high bar one or two settings

v.d 1200 i get average fps of 20 to 30 may drop to 18 in the heavy scenes!!

i very happy with it! smile_o.gif

My bro has a 7900 GT and he seems pretty happy with it! The GS is not much slower than it.