Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

i don't know if this is the place but i wanted to try the latest battlefield game 2142 and i get constant CTD's and sometimes i can play 10 minutes and sometimes it ctd's straight to desktop.

really weird when Armed assault demo works perfectly almost with normal settings and a little bit less fps with high settings. smile_o.gif

1.)Try to turn off or disable (click on NO) VOIP (aka Voice Over IP) modul in Settings-> Options -> Audio menu

2.)If that doesn't help:go to Audio Settings->Audio Renderer and select Software renderer

3.)And if that doesn't help: uncheck EAX (click on NO)

4.)Last option is to patch the game to v1.10

Thou i think a main problem is VOIP,so try to turn this off first wink_o.gif

tried all those stuff and neither worked but... when i removed a windows update wich this article says i should do and it worked

1UP article about the issue

i don't know if this is the place but i wanted to try the latest battlefield game 2142 and i get constant CTD's and sometimes i can play 10 minutes and sometimes it ctd's straight to desktop.

really weird when Armed assault demo works perfectly almost with normal settings and a little bit less fps with high settings.  smile_o.gif

1.)Try to turn off or disable (click on NO) VOIP (aka Voice Over IP) modul in Settings-> Options -> Audio menu

2.)If that doesn't help:go to Audio Settings->Audio Renderer and select Software renderer

3.)And if that doesn't help: uncheck EAX (click on NO)

4.)Last option is to patch the game to v1.10

Thou i think a main problem is VOIP,so try to turn this off first     wink_o.gif

tried all those stuff and neither worked but... when i removed a windows update wich this article says i should do and it worked

1UP article about the issue

Yeah,Windows security update KB917422 is the pain in the ass for most of the games and programs (antivirus etc.)...should think on that 1st...eheh ,but im glad u managed to fix the problem wink_o.gif

Okay well ive not got my computer almost sorted out, thanks for the advice from above too.

Apollo Advance Custom Gamer-Black

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=25650

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Retail 2x 2.40 4Mb

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23827

XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E DDR3 -- (Taking advice from above and waiting till the GTXs come down in price)

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=25554

OCZ 2GB Kit DDR2 PC2-7200 / 900MHz Platinum XTC

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23922

MSI 975X Platinum PE Socket 775

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=24038

Hiper 580W Modular PSU BLACK -- (Will this PSU be suitable?)

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=21014

Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Music OEM

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=23532

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO Intel Socket 775

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=20729

So what do people think? Is all compatible? Is there anything to be improved do you reckon?

Cheers.

That looks like a nice PC spec there, no probs with the PSU, the Hiper Type-R is a good one, should be more than enough.

So what do people think? Is all compatible? Is there anything to be improved do you reckon?

Cheers.

1.)PSU: have Hyper TyperR 580W in one computer..its great psu,stable,but not that quiet,in second i have Seasonic 500W M12 series which is best PSU i ever had.

So for little more money ,if u can, buy Seasonic 500W M12 series..its aslo modular like Hyper,but far more stable and super quiet (Recommended)

Also u can consider OCZ 520W ModStream,also modular and quiet ,and its better PSU then Hyper and for same money. (2nd after Seasonic)

2.)CPU Cooler:I recommend Sonic Tower+120cm fan or Big Typon from Thermaltake or something from Zalman (like CNPS 8000 or CNPS 9500AT)

Other components are great wink_o.gif

XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640MB PCI-E DDR3 -- (Taking advice from above and waiting till the GTXs come down in price)

1- You are buying a GTS while you plan to grab the GTX when the price comes down? Might aswell get it now instead of wasting money on two cards in such a short time period.

2- The GTX costs 25% more.

3- There are some users reporting performance problems with the GTS and Arma (atleast 2)...

I meant i plan on bwaiting to get an GTX but i put that link so people dont say that im missing a gfx card. I plan on waiting till they come down in price before getting the pc. Plus i assume the GT and the GTX both connect the same way etc so its also there as a compatibility question.

I'm also thinking of Getting a New CPU, this is what I've come up with:

[Video Card] http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....50-8004

[Motherboard]

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....Id=1533

[Case]

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....07-3016

[Memory/Ram]

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....61-4918

[Power Supply]

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....61-2005

[CPU/Processor]

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....-QX6700

It comes to about $3400 with the tax and all, which is very pricey, but I should get about $1600 from my tax return so that takes a big slice off. But i'm still gonna wait a little more for some prices go down like the video card. If theres anything you see wrong please limme know now before I make a wrong choice lol I know I didn't add a sound card, i'm gonna use the sound card that is on this CPU I have now, which is a Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS which will be fine ^_^ I just choose that mother board cause i wanted to be able to use 4 Gigs of Ram with 800mhz :P So please gimme your advice ^_^ I want the system to be pretty cool and quiet so if you got any advice on that, I had recently bought this: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applica....tId=494

It's in my CPU right now, but it doesn't fit really LOL its kinda like half in and probably not doing the job so I was hopeing I could take that out and put it in my new case hehe.

Edit: O yeah, VictorTroska said that around March/April the GTX would be around the price of the GTS? Is that because theres a newer card comming out like a 8850 or a 9 series?

Im somewhat cynical about "Super-computer" specs like that. Always thought money is better spent on a reasonable PC today, and then upgrade tomorrow, because technology just doesnt last these days. Other than that, that specification looks perfect, though I'd take a look at a Seasonic PSU, if youre going to go all the way, you might as well get the best of everything. Unless you plan to overclock, fancy RAM is not going to make that much of a difference, though I cant confirm that. You could save yourself some money by going for the "Value" RAM sold by Corsair or Crucial, though I'd read into that first.

Unless you plan to overclock, fancy RAM is not going to make that much of a difference, though I cant confirm that. You could save yourself some money by going for the "Value" RAM sold by Corsair or Crucial, though I'd read into that first.

Dude go with the best ram you can get- trust me. I just finished building a TigerDirect PC myself although not quite as extravagent as yours

P5NSLI mobo+Gigabyte 965-DS3 Mobo

E6400 Intel CPU

1 gig ddr2 533 -some generic brand

coolermaster fan

Geforce 7900 GS

These new Intel chips are begging to be overclocked and the first Mobo I got wasn't having it so I than bought the Gigabyte but that Ram's got me capped at 2.5Ghz so now I gotta reorder some Corsair 2048 800ddr2. That 680i Mobo and chip your getting are serioulsy geared for OC'ing so do yourself a favor and get quality Ram.

Im somewhat cynical about "Super-computer" specs like that. Always thought money is better spent on a reasonable PC today, and then upgrade tomorrow, because technology just doesnt last these days. Other than that, that specification looks perfect, though I'd take a look at a Seasonic PSU, if youre going to go all the way, you might as well get the best of everything. Unless you plan to overclock, fancy RAM is not going to make that much of a difference, though I cant confirm that. You could save yourself some money by going for the "Value" RAM sold by Corsair or Crucial, though I'd read into that first.

Well Right now i'm using a P4 3.0 with Geforce 6800 Ultra 2 gig of ram. I had fryed my CPU before and replaced it with the same, only instead of that Geforce 5600 FX I got the Ultra. So i'm kinda in due for a new upgrade, my computer new works great for everything else, but when it comes to games, its just not as good as it use to be lol I mean Playing BF2, I can play for sometime fine but then it starts to just totally go to like 1 frame a second as if something is over heating or I dunno... I had originally bought this computer I have now for about $1800 all together and its been few years.

As for that ram, I don't understand how it totally works, I mean on the Motherboard it says in the specs that it can fit 533/667/800MHz Memory. I mean is there a good difference between 553 and the 800?

Edit: and for Sniper Skull, i'm from Canada so I was going by canadian prices :P

Hello TrunkzJr,

You may wanna take a look at http://www.newegg.com for part. you can get the same 8800 GTX (By XFX) for $639.99 Click here. Same goes for the CPU. QX6700 on newegg.com is $985.00 Clicky here.

smile_o.gif

BFG's have lifetime warranty's for $30 less, check the model number close though to verify it's not a 3D Fuzion.

Unless you plan to overclock, fancy RAM is not going to make that much of a difference, though I cant confirm that. You could save yourself some money by going for the "Value" RAM sold by Corsair or Crucial, though I'd read into that first.

Dude go with the best ram you can get- trust me. I just finished building a TigerDirect PC myself although not quite as extravagent as yours

These new Intel chips are begging to be overclocked and the first Mobo I got wasn't having it so I than bought the Gigabyte but that Ram's got me capped at 2.5Ghz so now I gotta reorder some Corsair 2048 800ddr2. That 680i Mobo and chip your getting are serioulsy geared for OC'ing so do yourself a favor and get quality Ram.

Thats why I said "Unless you plan to overclock" when I was talking about the RAM. If you are planning to Overclock, then yes, get the best RAM you can, otherwise, youre probably wasting time/money. smile_o.gif

Thats why I said "Unless you plan to overclock" when I was talking about the RAM. If you are planning to Overclock, then yes, get the best RAM you can, otherwise, youre probably wasting time/money. smile_o.gif

Is the ram i choose good? or should I get better ram?

OCZ is one of the best makes out there, and at £240 its fair to say that youre getting something very good smile_o.gif

Hi again !

Once more I need some technical help.

Currently I have got flashed Radeon 9600 that is now running as a Radeon 9700 Pro with 128 MB in my system. i have clocked it a bit and apart from Arma I can run most games on a sufficient level of detail.

Today I was offered a Radeon X700 with 256 MB for free in exchange for my old one.

My question:

Do you think the Radeon is performing better than the 9700Pro ?

Does it have different features and is the plus of 128 MB Ram a significant difference ?

Would you say it´s ok if I swap the cards ? It´s for free, you know.

Go for it m8, your old oc'ed 9600 isnt worth a pack of cigarrettes.

X700 should be better, just be sure the card is in good condition smile_o.gif .

Hi again !

Once more I need some technical help.

Currently I have got flashed Radeon 9600 that is now running as a Radeon 9700 Pro with 128 MB in my system. i have clocked it a bit and apart from Arma I can run most games on a sufficient level of detail.

Today I was offered a Radeon X700 with 256 MB for free in exchange for my old one.

My question:

Do you think the Radeon is performing better than the 9700Pro ?

Does it have different features and is the plus of 128 MB Ram a significant difference ?

Would you say it´s ok if I swap the cards ? It´s for free, you know.

Is it better than your old card? Yes.

Are you going to notice the difference? No.

If youre getting it for free, why not, but the X700 is obsolete so youre going to need to upgrade eventually still.

Just make sure you aint going from AGP to PCI-E tounge2.gif

I have a question:

I've seen alot of webpages having for example different languages.

So instead of having seperate folders for different languages (let's say "en/index.php and de/index.php") they have an ending to the pagename, ie "index.php?lang=de" for example.

How do I define that last, "?lang=de"? Is that via mySQL (a fully dynamic text) or is it something else?

I've Googled, but no luck.

wex

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just make sure you aint going from AGP to PCI-E
crazy_o.gif

Whoaa ! I just realized that the X 700 is PCI Express, and my Mobo is AGP.

You just saved my visuals smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Go for it m8, your old oc'ed 9600 isnt worth a pack of cigarrettes

For me it is still. Due to mounting a heavy arvtic cooler plus RAM coolers and an additional fan it´s clocked pretty high and games like Prey, Dark Messiah and Oblivion run really well with medium to high gfx settings. Of course no AA and AF enabled. To be honest I´m still surprised how well it performs when I install a new demo or game and find out that it runs fine.

Right now I just don´t have the time and the devotion to dive into all that new hardware to get my knowledge updated. Holidays is what I need...

by the way, PCI Express is already obsolete ?

So what´s the latest gadget ? SLI or a pumped AGP card ?

Quote[/b] ]Just make sure you aint going from AGP to PCI-E
crazy_o.gif

Whoaa ! I just realized that the X 700 is PCI Express, and my Mobo is AGP.

You just saved my visuals smile_o.gif

Yeh, you see, don't trust those others tounge2.gif

But I got a little wondering since I've never seen any 9600 in PCI-E nor any X700 in AGP or vice versa.

Not that I looked really hard, but anyways.

Now, get an ironbar and total the dude trying to play you tounge2.gif

by the way, PCI Express is already obsolete ?

No, he meant that the X700 (a PCI-E card) is obsolete.

SLI and Crossfire ONLY work on PCI-E.

And AGP is very dead. IIRC the "last" AGP cards were released a while back, but the high end and new stuff is exclusively PCI-E. Anything AGP will be a "dumbed down" version of its PCI-E equivalent.

No new cards are made for AGP. I dont know about the ATI side of things but the last Nvidia card for AGP was 7800GS, which is identical to 6800GT in performance.