Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

take the kettle lead out the back of ya pc and remove battery out of motherboard for 20 seconds. put battery back then kettle lead.

when rebooting be sure you set all dates correctly by way of entereing bios with del button on boot, or all your softwares that are date orientated will give you lots of sheeit. smile_o.gif

btw have you tried , going to my pc /properties/hardware/devicemanager. and uninstalling the sata , then rebooting. it can sometimes find it again and reinstall itself.

Erhm. At first may i ask why is your system watercooled if you haven't OCed it ?

And this kind of questions belong to totally different forums i think.

uh, thats kind of a dumb ? isnt it. its water cooled cause i want to overclock it. icon_rolleyes.gif

plus, the guy who built it for me, did just that, put it in there for me to have the option. (free of charge might i add) ive never had a game that strained my system like this game.

ive lowered the card options down for this game for the first time since ive had this machine. i had everything on the card at the highest and thought this rig would cut through ARMA like butter, nope. i was pissed. but im trying to work around it. so thanks for your response.

and, i want to overclock it to suite ARMA, nothing else. so, if it needs to be moved, then im positive it can be. wink_o.gif

Factor

take the kettle lead out the back of ya pc and remove battery out of motherboard for 20 seconds. put battery back then kettle lead.

when rebooting be sure you set all dates correctly by way of entereing bios with del button on boot, or all your softwares that are date orientated will give you lots of sheeit. smile_o.gif

Why would one do that when you can just short the leads with tenth of the effort? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why would one do that when you can just short the leads with tenth of the effort?

because he asked this

Quote[/b] ]How do I reset "the CMOS with the jumper on the mobo."? Never did that before.

and a battery is easier to seee than the cmos jumper smile_o.gif.

and for the record do you know how charles asks cammila for a JUMP (excuse the pun) ?

would one mind if one gave one ,one smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why would one do that when you can just short the leads with tenth of the effort?

because he asked this

Quote[/b] ]How do I reset "the CMOS with the jumper on the mobo."? Never did that before.

and a battery is easier to seee than the cmos jumper

Yes, but the jumpers are easier to use, and remove the risk of you botching something whilst trying to lever the battery out of its slot...

Quote[/b] ]Yes, but the jumpers are easier to use, and remove the risk of you botching something whilst trying to lever the battery out of its slot.

well stupid is as stupid does, pitty you didnt tell me that when i once tried messing with my mobo with power plugged in smile_o.gif.

each to there own i guess, thats my advice take it or leave it.

deanos out.

How the hell did you manage that? The core voltage says 1.440. I thought you needed more juice for that speed. I'm running a Venice 3200+ (stock 2000) at 2400 and it fluctuates too much for my liking when trying to go over 240Mhz. crazy_o.gif

In all honesty, this forum is not the place to ask this kind of question. Not because its not really related to Arma directly, but because I have seen a TREMENDOUS amount of bad advice given when it comes to general computing and hardware. No offense to everyone here, but the ratio of good to bad advice in this matter here is like 1 to 1 - which is really bad compared to sites dedicated to hardware and forums dedicated to hardware.

Actually its not Arma related and seems more apropriate in the PC thread, but i agree that this forum might not be the best place to ask and learn about oc'ing smile_o.gif .

Here is the most sensible advice I can give. If you don't want to learn how to overclock properly, the best thing you can do is look up a number of reviews (like 3) on each of your SPECIFIC hardware components that includes an overclocking segment. Try googling stuff like

AMD AM2 3800+ review overclock

They will usually have a short bit about overclocking in gerenal, and a bit about the process, and then what settings they use to get a stable clock setting. First, take the most sensible settings of the bunch from each of the three or more articles and try it out, testing the system for stability. Be advised that overclocking your video ram can end your videocard pretty fast, so proceed on that path with caution. If you are seeing video artifacts while you are overclocking your vram, reduce your vram speed immediately, then troubleshoot the problem.

Edit: I cannot be held liable for any system damage that may result from any of the advise on this thread, including my own article. I advise you to learn how to overclock properly by searching and reading up on overclocking in general. Take as long as it takes to learn it properly before trying anything.

AMEN!

worst thing i learned (several times over) is that i feel "fully aware and understand what i am about to do, and have educated myself on the situation quite well for how long i have been researching the process specifically for my set-up"....

FIIIZAAAAAAAAAAP::puff of smoke and/or slight burning smell

dont get greedy. tiny steps. every time

Was thinking that, but wondering why its the cheapest one there... I must try and find a review that compares them all. smile_o.gif

LG seems to have extremely competetive prices when compared to the quality of the product.

But just to add:

I'd reccommend you to skip the 20" and get a LG 19" L1970HR. It has 2ms responstime and 2000:1 contrast, wich is very good. Most Samsung-TFTs have 700:1.

The price is very low compared to other with the same specs.

LG 19" L1970HR

wex

smile_o.gif

Yes, an edit for a question:

I'm looking to configure a new computer, and I also need to include a new harddrive.

So, I was thinking of Wester Digital's Raptors. They spin at 10k (SCSI-speed), but doesn't cost nearly as much.

Excellent me thought, until I saw that all the Raptors SATA/150, compared to another WD-drive (RE-2, with great opportunities for RAID, wich I'm going to need), and it had SATA/300.

This drive spins at a modest 7200rpm, but does that really matter?

Many say that 5400rpm is slow, and you shouldn't get a laptop for example with such a HD, but instead look for a 7200rpm.

So, would the difference between 7200 and 10k be the same, or does the 7200rpm's faster transfer rate compensate for it's slower rpm?

With regards and thanks for many answers

wex

smile_o.gif

-Voltage setting in BIOS is 1.5 but the Asus Mainboard undervolt the cpu, so it's at 1.440

- My cooling is a "low cost" heatpipe from Arctic Cooling:

freezer.jpg

The fan is connected with my beQuiet 500W power supply, which has a fan control so you can't hear the heatpipe-fan.

- Temps are ~48° (I can get lower temps with higher fan speeds but I want a silent pc.)

- Motherboard is Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

- Ram is 2x 1024MB DDR(1) Kingston PC3200 (400) CL2.5 - So you can see, it's no special overclocking ram.

MfG Lee

hey Lee_H._Oswald

i have a 3800, how did u get to that display that shows your voltage and other info?

Moving to O-T and merging with existing PC HW thread.

Herro,

Can anyone make a suggestion on which MySQL version I should use in conjunction with PHP 4.4.4? (or any other stable version of PHP for that matter - I'd like to find the best combo...)

Thank you very much,

much happiness is had.

Why not install a full install, such as WAMP-server, XAMPP etc?

I'm going to be using HostingController (was $150) in conjunction with IIS6... otherwise I would have been using one of those...

Hi all,

Finished building my new PC

Specs-

intel 6400 @2.13 Ghz.

geforce 7900 GS

1 gig ddr2 ram

coolermaster fan

80 gig HD (my old one)

ASUS P5NSLI Mobo

First off there was no need for Windows CD as pretty much all the files transferred over smoothly except Windows is giving me 27 days to register.

My big question is my CPU. CPU-Z finds the core processor running @1600 MGz?!? This Mobo comes with quite a few OC features including AI overclock, but it always goes to this spec.Maybe a dumb question but is cpu-z just reading 1 of the cores? I've increased the fsb from 1000 to 1200 which has put the core at 1.8 GHZ.

CPU-Z Reading:

Core- 1.8 GHZ -sometimes flickers to 2.3

Muliplier- x6

Bus Speed:-300

Rated FSB- 1200

I'm not looking for mad overclock, but I'm worried if it's running this low. My FPS have greatly increased in both OFP (50-60 with FFUR/SLX) and ARMA Demo (30-40) but this is probably also due to my new graphics card.

PCMark05 sees my system running at 2.4 GHZ