Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

will it speed up ATI/AMD to get the R600 on market earlier?

I doubt it. I think if they could speed up R&D they would have done it regardless of Nvidia's release schedule. Xmas and all...

I think they make the power of 2 appear inefective if we consider the double cost, unreliability/horror stories, driver/app issues and power consuption/requirements?

Will we have good PC games that justify such investments before the G90's are anounced? AH!

is that ATI you talking about Heatseeker?

i dont know but the new builtin crossfire version have already cut a huge sum of cost

Me wants a 8800GTX, can get it for 6795 SEK biggrin_o.gif

To steap*, gonna buy a full airsoft-set for less then that tounge2.gif

Airsoft not allowed here in Oz, sadly. Paintball only, but that's enough.

I've calculated that at my current saving, I'll be able to get a 8800GTX (or whatever other graphics card is tops then) for around 1000AUD and some new ~1000Mhz RAM by Feb. <sigh> Should coincide nicely with my impending pay rise and Armed Assault release.

Ah, the Aussie army is so generous... biggrin_o.gif

No idea, could be SLI or Crossfire or even just the 8800 series.

Both SLI and crossfire, i think the introduction of multiple GPU solutions for gaming failed... just check out the benches of one 8800 card alone wink_o.gif .

That and the few pc game releases...

I agree, it seems you only need a multi-GPU solution if you're a true multi-monitor nutcase or if you're attempting to run at 3000x3000 resolution. I've decided to boycott any attempt at Crossfire and just grab whatever high-spec single slot card I can afford.

OK I am looking for a new computer. I know now pretty much what I want. Going to buy one of the shelf instead of building one up myself like I normally do as right now I really don't have the time for it. It doesn't need to be a super rig. Just want to play Armed Assault and other new games on it, besides that it will mostly be a computer for work so I want it to be reliable.

I need some help from you guys to decide what processor and graphics card I am going to pick. For graphics I was thinking of a Geforce 7600 GT. Seems it comes out pretty well in the reviews. But for a processor I have no idea, would help if you guys could give me some names for which I should look.

My vote, if you can afford it: E6600, it should be easily good enough for ArmedA, and shouldn't break the bank either.

What price range are you after?

My vote, if you can afford it: E6600, it should be easily good enough for ArmedA, and shouldn't break the bank either.

What price range are you after?

Total system, I think about 800-900 €. The thing is that I really need a new computer right now, think my old one is giving up on me and I really want to play Armed Assault ASAP. Unfortunately during time restrictions I really don't have much time to look around and build one up myself.

Quote[/b] ]Try cheapest C2D for that videocard.

Stupid question, I know, but what's C2D?

Think I will be going to Mediamarkt this afternoon and come back with a few names to decide from.

C2D = Core 2 Duo.

E6600 is IMHO the best C2D (aka Conroe) for it's price.

JW

smile_o.gif

When you install the Omega drivers for a radeon card does the Omega Drivers choose the optimum settings for your PC?

OK I am now looking at a computer with AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ and 512 MB nVidia GeForce 7500LE. The CPU is ranked quite high in Tom's Hardware charts just after the E6600. Windows XP Media Center is installed on it so that's definately a pro. The only con is the graphics card, however I might replace it with a 7600 GT or something along those lines.

This looks like it will do just perfect for me, it's also within my budget so that's definately a plus. However one question with Windows Vista coming up, would this setup be Windows Vista compatible?

It's probably Vista compatible, most newer comps will be.

That comp:

How much ram does it have (and at what speed)?

How much does it cost?

It's probably Vista compatible, most newer comps will be.

That comp:

How much ram does it have (and at what speed)?

How much does it cost?

1 GB DDR2-SDRAM NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6150LE chipset. The price is 800 € which is well within my budget.

Sounds like an okey deal.

To bad you can't build it yourself, you'd shave a few bucks (or euros tounge2.gif ) off the price, or get a little better stuff.

Not all have time to be gizmo-freaks though biggrin_o.gif

To bad you can't build it yourself, you'd shave a few bucks (or euros tounge2.gif ) off the price, or get a little better stuff.

Yeah exactly, thing is that I am really going to need it next week, so no time to do proper research. Might plug a new graphics card in it myself, but I think of the shelf this is a pretty good system.

I wouldnt go for an AMD X2 processor to be honest, intel provides more bang for the buck at the moment with it's Core 2 processors. And this is from someone who has been exclusively using AMD for over 6 years now. wink_o.gif

I wouldnt go for an AMD X2 processor to be honest, intel provides more bang for the buck at the moment with it's Core 2 processors. And this is from someone who has been exclusively using AMD for over 6 years now. wink_o.gif

Have to agree, the Core 2 Duo just whips the ass of anything AMD currently have on offer.

Will be interesting to see what AMD can pull out in the new year, if they can match conroe for processing performance and marry that with their onboard memory controller it should be unbeatable. Word on the street is that its gonna take a year or two for them to do it tho...