Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

lol, how dumb can one be...braggin about warez crazy_o.gif

Hope the guy get´s his ass sued.

Has anyone even considered that he might have them on his local FTP server, and is just bragging about his "internet" connection while it's just his LAN? tounge2.gif

.....yeah the guy is stupid for downloading warez stuff,just lame....

...but what is real impressive- is the speed,we are still at 3 Mbit/s max here.

...and yes it could be FTP server.

If any of you happen to have two PCI-Express video cards and three monitors, I made a little program that allows playing Direct3D 8/9 games with a "triplehead" setup without special hardware such as the Matrox Triplehead2go. The second video card is only used to draw part of the frame rendered by the primary video card, so a cheap card such as a GF 6200LE works fine, info and some shots etc available here.

OFP works with it of course (Except for the stretched ironsights), a little video here smile_o.gif

Just curious, would this work on those SLI cards that take up only one PCIe Slot??? I have a 7950GX2, while admittedly I have only one monitor (have a 2nd but it won't work on the new vid card), but it would be of interesting note for those that have that style of card and 3 monitors.

If any of you happen to have two PCI-Express video cards and three monitors, I made a little program that allows playing Direct3D 8/9 games with a "triplehead" setup without special hardware such as the Matrox Triplehead2go. The second video card is only used to draw part of the frame rendered by the primary video card, so a cheap card such as a GF 6200LE works fine, info and some shots etc available here.

OFP works with it of course (Except for the stretched ironsights), a little video here smile_o.gif

Just curious, would this work on those SLI cards that take up only one PCIe Slot??? I have a 7950GX2, while admittedly I have only one monitor (have a 2nd but it won't work on the new vid card), but it would be of interesting note for those that have that style of card and 3 monitors.

<s>No. The 7950GX2's, and even the Quadro 4500 X2 only have 2 video output ports. You need two cards so you can get > 2 ports. The TripleHead2Go allows you to combine 3 displays into one port.</s>

Nm that. You could use the single-slot SLI as the primary card, then cascade the slave card from there. You'll still need 2 cards though, no single-slot SLI has > 2 ports.

Questions that I've got, seeing how that 79xx/19xx cards have the capability to crunch OFP at more than adequate rates, is it possible to scale it past one slaved card? Or, as you were hinting at, is the 4096x4096 maximum frame resolution? (Incidently, given that displays render 24bit even though processing is 32bit, that's 2^32, just a note to self) So this means you get a maximum limit of 4096 pixels in x or y on one card?

From 4 cores to 80 in a single bound. I don't know if that's ridiculously funny or amazing.

Its still atleast 5 years away and I doubt its the X86 architecture that gets this first.

I cant help but wonder how high the total power-consumption will be  confused_o.gif

Questions that I've got, seeing how that 79xx/19xx cards have the capability to crunch OFP at more than adequate rates, is it possible to scale it past one slaved card? Or, as you were hinting at, is the 4096x4096 maximum frame resolution?

4096x4096 is the maximum my GF7900GT can handle. I suppose having five monitors for example with this would be theoretically possible, but it would not only increase the resolution but it would also double the amount of data you have to copy around.

<s>No. The 7950GX2's, and even the Quadro 4500 X2 only have 2 video output ports. You need two cards so you can get > 2 ports. The TripleHead2Go allows you to combine 3 displays into one port.</s>

Nm that. You could use the single-slot SLI as the primary card, then cascade the slave card from there. You'll still need 2 cards though, no single-slot SLI has > 2 ports.

Questions that I've got, seeing how that 79xx/19xx cards have the capability to crunch OFP at more than adequate rates, is it possible to scale it past one slaved card? Or, as you were hinting at, is the 4096x4096 maximum frame resolution? (Incidently, given that displays render 24bit even though processing is 32bit, that's 2^32, just a note to self) So this means you get a maximum limit of 4096 pixels in x or y on one card?

Yeah, I realized that afterwards, as Carlos Mencia would say, I had a dee dee dee moment. banghead.gif

And on top of that, I don't know of any games that uses 2 cores yet.  confused_o.gif

I can think of alot of them.

Falcon4AF

ArmA

....and any other multi-thread capable software.

As far as 5 years off... to be honest I could care less... right now I have no need for 80 cores for gaming or even as adesktop in general... that is insane. Maybe in 10-15 years I could see the benefits but I could see it (in terms of gaming) as being used to run multiple ArmA servers using one physical server - provided bandwidth and bus throughput could handle also handle it. Imagine buying a server and hosting 15 sessions... off one server.

Guys I recently replaced my old 9600XT from pc world with ANOTHER 9600XT because my old card totally died on me, so anyway I replace it with the only secondhand card on the shelfs to save myself the trouble of looking for compatible ones.

So a good few months on now and the card seems to have gotta louder and louder, turning on my pc sounds like a a10 straffing run.

But thats not the worst of it, I believe my fan is catching on something in the heatshield and is not spinning fast enough to effectively cool the fan, now im not sure if this is creating the problem which cause's this effect.

glitch2da3.jpg

glitchcm0.jpg

Now as you've gathered this isnt the healthiest my card has performed, its not just ofp either its everysingle game I play [Rules out an OFP problem].

So Ive tried cooling it using different methods to no avail and rolled back my drivers, cleaned and re-seatted my card, nothing.

So Im looking for afew words of wisdom from the tech guys, is my card salvagable? or is it a case of getting a full refund and saving up for a future build.

Much thanks in Advanced smile_o.gif

AJ

Consider yourself lucky the damn thing even displays anything anymore, I managed to total a 9600XT with shitty cooling as well. banghead.gif

That of course being a part of a chain of incidents with ATI cards that made my pick geforce last time I upgraded. yay.gif

The fan on my 9800 Pro nearly died some weeks ago, my problems looked like yours, just not this bad and I had the same sounds when starting the pc.

I was lucky, 2 other cards like this from friends just broke completely...

Instead of getting an all new cooler I removed the fan and now this thing blows air on the cooler: http://pics.tripelserver.co.uk/44200012_g.jpg

You should be able to get one for 5-10€, but I think it only works when you have got a bigger cooler, the 9800 Pro one looks like this.

If not, you should get a whole new cooler but that would be a bit more expensive.

Your card also might be irreparable damaged and there is no guaranty it works with a new one. But you can at least try as it's cheaper than a new one.

I vote get rid of that card now, and step on it a few times to ensure noone else suffers your misfortune. Buy a nice, high-end NVidia card when you get the money and whack a bit of Arctic Ice and a Zalman cooler on it. It'll be below zero in your PC before you know it.

Should get my new Silent Square Pro CPU cooler this week... from what I read, it gives comparable cooling specs to water-based systems... xmas_o.gif

is there is any cause to my problem? as i am quite sure that it isnt my hardward problem, non to my HD it seems

got it fixed once and it broke up again

F**k it...........

EDIT: BTW who knows how to make a SP2 disk share? i tried but it give me a code 5 or code 4 error, must be something on the boot image, and i just sick tired to reinstall, patch it, reinstall, patch it, reinstall..........

Most 9*** series ATI cards seems to have a limited lifespan when It comes to fans. Mine 9800 Pro's fan died a few months ago, It overheated and fried.

That made me go out and buy a GeForce 7800 GS.

ATi cards didnt creat as much heat as the nV cards, so they think that there is no need to have such a big a$$ cooler on it, yet most of the time we forget that cooling is a still a problem to most part of our pc

edit: the fan of my 9500 is broken too, yet it seems it still in working order, might try to find a replacement and see it it works on my sisters' PC

Yeah, have a go, just don't push it too far until you're sure it's ok. And keep the case open too, though I'm sure you already know that. smile_o.gif The number of times I've hit the switch and discovered a cable lying dangerously close to the CPU heatsink fan... I tell you.

Depens on which brand you choose, the Club3d 9700pro had a very cheap small fan on it, like the ones you see on motherboards it, ofcourse died so I went for a Hercules 9800pro and everything was made out of copper with also nice copper heatsinks for memory, never had a problem since with cooling. smile_o.gif

my windows is reinstalling now, but after the first restart the install program said that it didnt pass the logo test, whats wrong?

edit: after reinstalling i am having problem on installing driver......... huh.gif

Cheers for the imput guys, Im going to save myself the hassle of buying a seperate cooler and give the card up all together, its afew years out of date anyways so a full refund should help fund my incoming upgrade.

smile_o.gif

Hi!

I want people to get an automatic list over a folder on my FTP, so how do I set it to that (is it a 3number setting to permissions? )

I can't be arsed to do it in HTML so I have to change it each time I add or take something away, I just want it listed.

Now when trying to view a folder on my FTP you'll get a "403 - Forbidden", but how do I get the list?

With regards, and thanks in advance

JW

smile_o.gif

There should be a setting somewhere in your FTP manager/control panel (usually a management page from whichever company you rent the ftp space from) which allows you to turn on/off indexing on folders.

Turn the indexing option on, and it will automatically generate the list of contents for the folder, and keep it up-to-date