Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

no my HD might have thought that it needed a rest..........(fuck! both windows and backup drive are down....... )

anyway the point is that i cant even open up the Console none i could reinstall

it seems that i am totally fucked now

one of my 256MB ram is KIA at jan, then my display card get busted by the stupid fan at may, and now this, and i just nearly cut my finger into half by putting it on the cpu fan, grrrreat! crazy_o.gif

JW, try looking for the exif data of the pic, do you think a DSLR have the abitily to do these?

anyway the point is that i cant even open up the Console none i could reinstall

it seems that i am totally fucked now

How u cant open it? Put CD as first boot device and put XP in it-press any key and it should work... then go to repair first and if that fail go to recovery.....

U can download XP boot.ini and put it on the Floppy,after that try to boot XP....

If that failed,u are totally fucked,as u said before... tounge2.gif

oh fuck my windows fucked up again

mg109/9096/dsc1079kw7.jpg[/img][/url]

this time i cant even enter recorvery console

getting blue screen saying registry_error every time i start it sad_o.gif

I had this too once (missing some important files), in my case the repair didn't work so I had to reinstall windows.

Quote[/b] ]U can download XP boot.ini and put it on the Floppy

The boot.ini would temporarily fix the first problem, and allow you to get a little bit further without an error, but he would still get stuck on the blue screen, the only real way to fix a registry is to replace it with a backup. Or if it were able to get into Windows, by reverting to a Restore point.

Have RAM prices (PC6400 especially) jumped up in the last month? I have a list of parts to buy, it was at CAD$1200 last month and I was hoping to wait until it gets to around $1000. Everything has gone down in price except ram, unless maybe I recorded the wrong price or the wrong part when I made my list.

I want to get a Corsair matched pair (Dual Channel DDR2 2x1024MB PC6400 with CAS latency 5-5-5-12). I thought I had a price of CAD$287 about 4 weeks ago, and now it's around CAD$400.

Have RAM prices (PC6400 especially) jumped up in the last month? I have a list of parts to buy, it was at CAD$1200 last month and I was hoping to wait until it gets to around $1000. Everything has gone down in price except ram, unless maybe I recorded the wrong price or the wrong part when I made my list.

I want to get a Corsair matched pair (Dual Channel DDR2 2x1024MB PC6400 with CAS latency 5-5-5-12). I thought I had a price of CAD$287 about 4 weeks ago, and now it's around CAD$400.

Yup, I've noticed that as well, and has jumped quite a bit. Was going to get 2GB of Corsair, it was 240 one day, and a few days later was up over 280 after a 40USD instant price cut.

Corsair TWIN2X-6400 2 GB (2 x 1024 MB) CAS latency 5-5-5-12

ramyh8.gif

This is taken from hardware.no with norwegian prices.

From August it costed around CAD$302 (€213), CAD$340 (€240) at the start of September and now CAD$460 (€343).

I just bought two sticks of this same product on TigerDirect.com - they have a $40.00 rebate offer right now. Thanks for reminding to send my rebate in (I had bought some earlier and forgot completely!wink_o.gif

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applica....Id=2264

DDR2 in particular have gone up in price the last few weeks.The rest is pretty much stable. I'm guessing its Intel C2D's fault. They sell too many of them biggrin_o.gif

The PC6400 RAM I got on TigerDirect has actually gone down in price $15.00 since I bought it a month ago...

i don't know if this goes into here but if it goes somehwere else then moderators can move it there.

On my fmailys computer we can't browse the internet cause after 3-4 clicks or almost instantly the browers windows disapear.... huh.gif

both firefox and ie explorer is behaving like that and the Os is windows 2000. I don't understand why thats happening, tried running ad aware free but it didn't remove the issue.

I really dont want to reformat the computer and reinstall cause its just such a pain in the butt to reinstall all the kids games on it and stuff like that... crazy_o.gif

If it's a virus, it's affecting the iexplorer.exe and/or firefox.exe

Try checking it with a demo-antivirus. If it's a virus doing so, get the full and get it removed, if it isn't, well, keep searching.

Now for a question:

Can you connect a Microsoft Acces database to a online interface?

What I'm looking for is a system that allows you to registrer, for example, new clients.

Then you have your interface of the website, showing the clients. Then, if you're logged in as admin, you'll get the opportunity to "Add client" or "Add post".

Then you fill out the info (perhaps, name, adress, phone-nr. etc) and it get's regged in the database, but also, it's pops up on the website, the next time you load the clients-page.

It shouldn't be only for closed in stuff, but also a webshop.

You can choose to "create group", maybe "Computer parts".

After you regged the group, you can enter products under it.

The info is filled out on the website by an admin, product description, images etc, and when someone gets in on the website it's there to view.

Can this be done with Microsoft Acces?

Can this be done with anything else the Acces?

What kind of webhotel would this require?

With regards and thanks for answers

JW

smile_o.gif

Re: DDR2 price trends

Thanks guys, especially Colossus, I tried finding some price trackers myself but couldn't find any. It may be in Norway, but all the trends match what happened here. I guess I'll try to stick it out for a while and see if I can still get this upgrade for <$1K!

Does anyone know where the CD key is contained (or if there is one) on an OEM version of Windows 2003 Server Web Edition?

My cd drive is jammed. Anyone got any ideas how to unjam it?

My cd drive is jammed. Anyone got any ideas how to unjam it?

Take a paperclip, uncoil it, and there should be a tiny hole underneath the CD tray, push one end of the paperclip in there and it will pop it out.

@Blackdog - There wasn't a sticker with the product key on the wrapper for the CD???

I'd never buy a OS used now when it needs activation.

Having them make a picture with a blurred cd-key still doesnt prove you're getting when you buy it.

The key is located as a sticker on the outside of the plastic wrapper, just like AOCbravo says (on the other side of the packages of those picture in the auctions).

If any of you happen to have two PCI-Express video cards and three monitors, I made a little program that allows playing Direct3D 8/9 games with a "triplehead" setup without special hardware such as the Matrox Triplehead2go. The second video card is only used to draw part of the frame rendered by the primary video card, so a cheap card such as a GF 6200LE works fine, info and some shots etc available here.

OFP works with it of course (Except for the stretched ironsights), a little video here smile_o.gif

Very nice prog... like the pictures (though its kinda strange to play that way)...

...have only two monitors,where to find the third one... whistle.gif

Genius @work. thumbs-up.gif

I plan to built me a new PC next year. In case i find space for a 3rd monitor i will try that program. smile_o.gif

Wanting to registrate a domain, but seing as I'm under 18, that's hard to do...

So, I wen't to a really good webhotel, just filled up some joke-names etc in the form, like my mail was asdasd@lolmail.com tounge2.gif

And, z0mg, it went trough. I though it was going to be atleast one verifyingscreen or a "You must be over 18 to order...", but, woom, it went "We'll take in your order as soon as possible".

lmfao.. Well, I mailed them and told them about my miss lol tounge2.gif

Anyways, what I will get is:

2GB space

20gb traffic / month (will do)

Unlimited domains

Unlimited subdomains

Supports PHP, CGI, PHP and some other stuff

Get a webmail etc

Does that sound atleast OK?