Sign in to follow this  
Victor_S.

PC Discussion Thread - All PC related in here.

Btw...

I also recieved this monitor, and I am very impressed!

At the moment I just plugged it into my laptop (since I haven't recieved all the stuff to the new computer yet).

I am running without the drivers or software included and using analog signal (not DVI). And im impressed!

No ghosting in games nor when wathcing DVD. This is really a nice monitor, and it looks good as well (I like the design).

Definately worth the prize, which isnt high either. There's a 19" version available as well... For those who are into that smile_o.gif

This monitor cost me 2100 dkk, which is around 250€

What monitor? tounge2.gif

And what are its specs - in terms of response time, native res, contrast ratio, brightness etc?

Oh, sorry smile_o.gif

Its called:

LG 1780Q TFT

17" LG 1780Q Silver/Black TFT,1280x1024, 8 ms, 500:1, 250 cd/m2, Pivot, DVI

.....that is very nice monitor,nice design....and very cheap-i saw that prices are around 550-650 $,so u made a great deal... but if its 4 gameing for that price u could have monitor with response time :4ms or less...

But very nice monitor thumbs-up.gif

Hmmm

Well, I actually bought them because I saw that dual GPUs (SLI) actually or allmost doubled framerate in various games.

Only in a few games, but youre much better off getting a better card. SLI is rather over-hyped, IMHO, and this new Quad SLI is nonsense, why dont they put the money into making a better GPU design crazy_o.gif

.....that is very nice monitor,nice design....and very cheap-i saw that prices are around 550-650 $,so u made a great deal... but if its 4 gameing for that price u could have monitor with response time :4ms or less...

I've got an 8ms TFT and to be honest I really cant see any ghosting or screen-lag even at the higher FPS'

For value for money a 17-inch, 8ms TFT really is unbeatable (at the moment)

I got my pair of monitors for Å180/$350 each (with dead pixel check), and couldnt be happier with them.

Hyundai ImageQuest L72D

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Brightness:

300 cd/m2

Colour support:

16.7M

Contrast ratio:

700:1

Interface:

D-Sub / DVI-D

Maximum resolution:

1280 X 1024@ 75Hz

Pixel pitch:

0.264 mm

Response time (ms):

8 ms

Viewing angle(h/v):

135° / 150°

Hmmm

Well, I actually bought them because I saw that dual GPUs (SLI) actually or allmost doubled framerate in various games.

Only in a few games, but youre much better off getting a better card. SLI is rather over-hyped, IMHO, and this new Quad SLI is nonsense, why dont they put the money into making a better GPU design  crazy_o.gif

SLI Usage

Unlike math, 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2 with SLI. Yes, we've talked about load balancing, latency and disparity between two cards, but there is at least one other thing that makes it so. If you're familiar with the 3D rendering pipeline, you'll know that to render an image, the graphics card must process both polygons and textures. In an SLI setup, for the most part, only texture related tasks are load balanced. So, in a way, an SLI setup is really 1 + 1 = 1.5 since the vertex units (the 0.5 part) in the second card are hardly used. Now, before you scream bloody murder, it's not that important anyway. SLI is targeted for games, well, actually most if not all consumer level graphics cards are targeted for games. Games usually don't use that much polygon to really tax a single graphics card, much less two. As long as the geometry load is still within the capabilities of a single card, it doesn't really matter that we didn't load balanced the geometry load. However, if a game does use more polygons (or vertex shaders) more than one card can handle, it won't run faster with two cards. In this situation, one single but more capable or higher clocked card is preferred.

With these factors in mind, we think that users should never expect SLI as a replacement over a faster single card solution. SLI should be considered complementary - meaning it will allow you to have faster performance in some games, but not all games. For a more well rounded and 100 % effective solution, it will always be better to buy a faster single card. Rather than using two GeForce 6600GT, it's better to use a single GeForce 6800GT. Particularly since we should expect no more than an average 50 % increase in performance. Of course, that's theory anyway, so let's see if that theory is right. Let's take a look at what SLI has to offer in terms of performance.

Here u go,i agree 100% with u and this article. pistols.gif

And there is much better solution to replace SLI-

Nvidia GeForce 7950 gx2

GeForce 7950 GX2 delivers a powerful feature set that includes:

Two high-performance GPUs working simultaneously on a single card—dramatically raising the bar for single-card performance

48 pixel pipes, 16 vertex shaders, 76.8 GB per second of memory bandwidth and 24 billion texels per second of fill rate on a single card

1GB of fast GDDR3 video memory on a single card

Dual dual-link DVI support— for high-definition, widescreen flat panel displays that support resolutions up to 2560x1600 for an ultra-realistic HD gaming experience

Hardware accelerated H.264 support through NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology—the combination of HD video processors and software delivers a HD home-theater quality video experience to the PC.

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) capable

This card is in price range of nvidia 7800gtx and ati x1900xtx

...and this new Quad SLI is nonsense, why dont they put the money into making a better GPU design crazy_o.gif

The quad-SLI system was never intended to be a publically available system (originally) all of the quad-SLI units were branded "for evaluation only" and was intended more as a tech demo than a commercial product.

However, the technology developed for these quad-SLI "beasts" has had a positive impact on the current gfx card design. The most important design change has been the move to the 90nm process (basically making the chips smaller) improving the performance and design options available to them. Also, as Victor just posted, having two gpu's on one card (and syncronised to work together) is a much better solution to SLI, which has only come around because of the experiments with quad-SLI.

Its all about having the right perspective on their tech demos wink_o.gif

Has anyone tried the new Windows Vista Beta? I thought it was very good (and Im quite hard to impress with new software, especially with new Windows versions) I would use it full time except it seems to chew up resources rapidly, and it causes music to be played very choppily, though that could have been a driver issue

Man, im having problems with this setup. This is the error my motherboard is giving me. Any1 know what to do and whats wrong? It worked a few hours and got windows installed.

This is the error im getting:

1. Program MTRR of M1 CPU

2. Initialize L2 cache for P6 class CPU & program CPU with proper casheable range

3. initialise APIC for P6 class CPU

4. on MP platform, adjust the casheable range to smaller one in case of casheable ranges between each CPU are not identical

I have an amd 64 x2 3800+ processor.... What to do? Thanks.

When do you get these errors? Are they Blue Screens? I'd need a bit more information, and I have never encountered these errors before, but I'd say its either the CPU or Motherboard's fault.

I think its the motherboard... I read somewhere that the nforce4 chipset is bugged when using a 64bit cpu sad_o.gif

I get the error before the BIOS.

The error changes if I move around with the RAM but reoccurs after a shutdown. It can also boot if I CMOS reset the motherboard, but again - it's only till the next shutdown.

I tried taking off one of the graphics card, but no luck.

I am gonna call the shop tomorrow asking for them to give me a non-nforce chipset motherboard.

Does anyone know if I can use SLI on other than that nforce4 crap?

Thx.

I think its the motherboard... I read somewhere that the nforce4 chipset is bugged when using a 64bit cpu sad_o.gif

rofl.gif

Sorry, but considering that the nForce4 for AMD CPUs only support 64 bit CPUs, I dont think thats the problem smile_o.gif, I think what you mean is the Dual Core, and yes, some older motherboard BIOSes dont work with Dual Core CPUs, have you got the latest BIOS? To get the newest BIOS if Windows wont load up, download the correct one (and make 110% sure you get the exact right one or it will fuck things up worse) off another PC, and then find out to install from a boot disk (this is usually specific to BIOS/Motherboard)

Right, then look up the website for your Motherboard's manufacturer, then look up your model, then look up BIOS updates, and check for instructions. Some motherboards come with software utilities to ease this process so check if yours has one.

http://www.enavia.com/dk....1047837

This beauty is designed to run dual core. Let's hope it helps smile_o.gif

Good luck with that MSI board. I must warn you they have a very high fail-rate.

Personally I only stick to Asus and nothing else. They've always been the better product for me.

I had an MSI mobo and it caused nothing but trouble for me. I would also recommend ASUS.

Dough!

Ahh, well.. I will try my luck.

Now, does anyone know where to find ANY wireless networking card that support XP x64?

.....dont disapoint the man,i had MSI mbo for 4 years and it was great...

But now i also have Asus mbo and its the 1st choice. pistols.gif

Hello everyone!

I've run into a bit of a problem with my graphics card and thought that you all could help me. I've got a Nvidia GeForce 6600 and before I was using the old 78.01 drivers, but they don't work for me with OFP. So I switched to some tweak drivers (Xtreme-G 81.97 V.2) and now OFP works like a charm, but my graphics card overheats and I get artifacts and crap. Would someone like to teach me how to use RivaTuner so that I can get my fan on the graphics card to go faster?

Thanks in advance.

Get yourself a nice Zalman cooler with fanmate 2 and you will be saved from high temp. gpu...,because stock cooler on 6600 is shit-especially at summer

....or if u have experience buy potenciometer....,oh yes cheap solution is 1 fan at the side of case to blow at your components and 1 at rear side of case to take air out...

Get an Arctic Cooling VGA silencer, and make sure your case is cooled properly

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the AMD AM2 socket?

Or any reason why I shouldn't buy such an motherboard? tounge2.gif

Thinking of upgrading once the AMD 'price drop' happens (or affects the prices here)...

I'd get a S939, theres not an awful lot of difference in terms of performance, but it costs an awful lot less. Plus, soon AMD and Intel will be turning to DDR-3 (about a year and half's time) so you're gona be buying into dead technology regardless of what you pick, might as well but into the cheaper, more proven one smile_o.gif

But you have no upgrade possibilities anymore with S939 as production also have stopped. So no faster CPU will be introduced.