Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

Facestex2.pbo update

wait wait wait... we cant just SetFace "blablablabla0-14" in the init line on Laser PJ's who already use the head model??

I got it to work now. Excellent faces but why are there no hispanic faces withouth camo? Are they being made and released later?

I got it to work now. Excellent faces but why are there no hispanic faces withouth camo? Are they being made and released later?

Provided that we find somebody to help converting remaining faces, yes, they will be released later. AFAIK there're over 20 or 30 of non-camoed hispanic faces that remain to be done (as well as a whole bunch of other ones)...

Some of the face's turn the unit's into Cartoon/ arcade type soldier's! I personaly don't like these type's of unrealistic face's! Now before everyone bite's my head off, 1-they do make a nice change from the origional's tounge2.gif 2-Also my apreciation for the work you put into the addon.Last but by no means least 3- this is a forum to discuss thing's biggrin_o.gif

Would you maybe explain which faces seem cartoonish to you?

I wonder why, theyre all photo based, hmm

Would you maybe explain which faces seem cartoonish to you?

I wonder why, theyre all photo based, hmm

facestex2.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  You're seriously saying this face (and the other's) look's "real"? Come on even without the cammo,if you saw this guy down the street you would run a mile tounge2.gif

If a guy in facecammo and that look in the eyes would aproach me on the street i surely would run away anyway ^^

Other than that i think it furfills most players OFP needs.

If i werent that lazy id finish my cammo versions of the Russian faces, they looked quite nice i think and bit more realistic.

I personally think they look quite realistic, at least compairing them to BIS's ones anyway. Top show lads thumbs-up.gif

Hmm very nice work ! congratulations.

However How can i add some faces with Balaclava ?

It's already existing ?

If not, how can I make this kind of face ? and put in my model ?

Short list without links, sorry.

1. Either:

A) Check few of the mappings that are posted on the earlier pages, or on the WIP (Addons & Mods: Discussion).

B) Or get a tool to unpbo the facestex2.pbo and then a tool to convert the .pac/.paa (I think they're .pac) faces to a format readable by most programs, such as .tga. For this, you need the tools; check the "How to make an addon" topic on A&M:D. Personally, I used tools called WinPBO and PAnTool.

2. Open the "template" face in a picture editing program, such as Photoshop or similar, and edit it. If you have anything "special" to add, such as make your own face, well, the face you're using is the template.

3. Save the image in .tga or .jpg, with the name you prefer (no spaces in the name!wink_o.gif

4. Either put it into the original facestex2 file or make a new, empty file where to drop it.

5. Write a config for it. A basic config defines the "name" for the face, and also makes the face usable in a simple way. Here's how I did it with my little custom face:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

class CfgPatches

{

class Faces

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.00;

};

};

class CfgFaces

{

class Metest1

{

name="Metest1";

texture="\My_Faces\Test1.jpg";

east=1;

west=1;

guer=1;

civilian=1;

};

};

So, the texture is called "Test1" and is saved in .jpg. I placed it into the file I later compressed into a .pbo file, the file being called "My_faces". I simply wrote the lines into the config file, saved is as "config.cpp" (just use Notepad, >Save As, >All files and type config.cpp into the name field) and put it inside the same file (it doesn't matter where it is, as long as it is in a .pbo file, too).

As I use it only for custom photography purposes atm, I didn't add any scripts to use with the units without any triggers.

6. Pack it, methods explained above.

7. Usage. Drop the .pbo file into an addon folder, and start the game. Go to mission editor and place an unit using the head model on the island. It's handy to set up and unit and just play as an civilian, to observe any needed fixes.

Name the "test unit" (i.e. "Test") and place a trigger. Activation Radio Alpha, Repeatedly is propably the best option. To the "In activation" field, type (this is just an example): <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Test setface "Metest1"

8. Test it (0-0-1 for Radio Alpha). If it doesn't work, something is wrong, either with the .pbo file or in the config. If everything's ok, well, happy playing.

You're free to play. In order to just casually play with it, without any triggers, you'll need to edit the scripts in the original facestex2.pbo or make a custom script and edit the unit config to use it. For photography uses or something similar, either use the radio trigger or set it as countdown, something like 0.2 in the 3 boxes below, activation "Anybody present).

Errr... well not the most clear guide but covers the basics. wink_o.gif

facestex2.jpg

Personally I think the artwork of the faces fits very well with most OFP addons as they are not photoreal either.

That pic is a great example of how the face art style really compliments the style of the uniform art, the sky, the leaves, etc. It looks as if it all were made to work together.

"Most" faces that use photos (The Bruce Willis is the most common) look incredibly out of place on most addons.

GS0096.jpg

script error.. why? I don't know anything about this problem.. sad_o.gif

Config

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class All{};

class AllVehicles: All{};

class Land: AllVehicles{};

class Man: Land{};

class Soldier: Man{};

class SoldierWB: Soldier{};

class ROKsoldierWB: SoldierWB

{

displayName="Soldier";

vehicleClass = "ROKA/Man";

model="\betasol\rok_sol2beta4.p3d";

weapons[]={"DaewooK1a","strokegun","binocular","Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"DaewooK1a","DaewooK1a","DaewooK1a","DaewooK1a","DaewooK1a","strokegun"};

hiddenSelections[]={"jsa","mic1"};

class EventHandlers

{

Init = (_this select 0) exec "\facestex2\c_asn_faces.sqs"

};

Animated=1;

class animations

{

class Fset

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.01;

selection="Fset1";

axis="Fset2";

angle0=0;

angle1=1;

}

};

};

c_asn_faces.sqs in facetex2.pbo

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;

; camo asian faces

; facecount = 9

;

_unit = _this select 0

_Fis = _unit animationPhase "Fset"

?_Fis == 1: Exit

_frand = random(8)

_frand=_frand-(_frand mod 1)

_facetype = "llm_face_cn"

; pad with leading zero if needed...

?(_frand < 10): _facetype = _facetype + "0"

_fpick = format ["%1%2", _facetype, _frand]

_fpick_d= format ["%1%2D", _facetype, _frand]

#again

_unit setface _fpick

_unit animate ["Fset", 1]

_delay = 1 + random(0.5)

#loop

~_delay

?!(alive _unit): goto "deadstate"

_Fis = _unit animationPhase "Fset"

?_Fis == 0: goto "again"

goto "loop"

#deadstate

_unit setface _fpick_d

exit

i think the problem is there :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Init = (_this select 0) exec "\facestex2\c_asn_faces.sqs"

it should be

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Init = "[_this select 0] exec ""\facestex2\c_asn_faces.sqs""";

i got a solution. thank you smile_o.gif

but.. still have one problem.. all the same face!

crazy_o.gif

GS0097.jpg

help.gif

Great work!! Respect!!! can I use them in my profil (edit) you know change my face to your superb work? notworthy.gif

Why is there only "Ethiopian" African faces and Camo African Faces, Wheres some African American Faces? Not all people of black descent are from some (Excuse me) Shitty 3rd World Country where the bad guys carry Rocks or AK-47's and are trying to shoot down Black Hawk helicopters with RPG's.

I'd like some African American Faces, and Not camo faces, I got an Upcoming game that I'm Rp'ing in and I dont think having a Camo face in the situation I'd be in would look very professional. Its gonna be about 4 weeks before the game, Do you think you could get somthing off the ground before then?

I don't think this is getting anywhere further. I have no more time to contribute to the project and nobody else volunteered to help.

One question... while playing multiplayer with the facetex.. the faces keep switching around somehow (each few seconds a different face), is this a known bug, or is it something custom to me?

If it's a known bug, I guess fixing it with a server gamelogic and <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (local server) then { }; to use I guess?

Great faces btw ;-)

One question... while playing multiplayer with the facetex.. the faces keep switching around somehow (each few seconds a different face), is this a known bug, or is it something custom to me?

I also get this when i resume a saved single player/campaign game with my own custom config confused_o.gif

It's an animation problem, unit based and config based. I'm guessing it happens when you load and also when you take your custom unit out of a vehicle.

Well, I like the face pack very much and wanna put those russian faces to my WII russian soldier pack. Could you help to tell how to set random faces in the addon?