Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

Facestex2.pbo update

facestex2.jpg

Today's release is an effect of cooperative project led by Sputnik Monroe on BIS Forums. The update brings a whole bunch of new faces converted from Ghost Recon. It includes some Russian, African, Asian, Hispanic and white faces in both camo and non-camo variants. That would be a total of 183 faces available as of right now.

Hopefully, this update will motivate some of you guys out there to help me out and get all the remaining faces done. We especially need more Western European looking face, because none of those were added this time.

Download here [15 MB]

Credits (in alphabetical order) wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Agent Smith

Llauma

Offtime

Registered Fugitive

Sputnik Monroe

Shadow NX

The K-Man 3000

My big thanks to everybody who helped out with the project.

Guest Ti0n3r

Damn, you just made me fall of my chair crazy_o.gif

Nice work!

Now, where's the rest 1317 faces you promised? wink_o.gif Thanks, they looks great, got to test these out right away...

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>No more clone wars! Wehee!</span> tounge2.gifyay.gif

Great work agent. Really nice faces. I must check this out biggrin_o.gif

Thanks guys! smile_o.gif

Just a friendly remainder, before you come back to complain, it's the addonmakers, that have to make use of new scripts in this pack to enable more custom faces. As I mentioned before, no faces were added to "base" scripts pool. Think about it, we don't want Mexicans to appear in Polish Army, do we? wink_o.gif

Just a thought: next time, give us a list of the individual face classname. wink_o.gif

Anyways, dug 'em up from the config, so if anyone needs them (for i.e. photography), here they are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">In example, lllm_sol0-14 means that the faces start from llm_sol0 and go up to llm_sol14. If you add a D to the end (sol0D), you'll get the dead face.

llm_sol0-14

llm_face_da00-13

llm_face_la00-12

llm_face_cf00-14

llm_face_cn00-08

llm_face_cb00-03

llm_face_cc00-19

llm_face_ch00-10

llm_face_dn00-01

llm_face_db00-03

llm_face_dh00-02

llm_face_dw00-05

llm_face_hw00-03

llm_face_hb00-03

llm_face_ru00-33

llm_face_rl00-04

I apologise if there are some errors, something extra or something missing. smile_o.gif

yay.gif

Pretty nice faces, especially the camofaces looks great!

thx a lot smile_o.gif

MfG Medicus

Just a thought: next time, give us a list of the individual face classname. wink_o.gif

Never thought that would be of any use to anybody, but probably you're right. Anyways, a little explanation:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

llm_sol0-14 - base white Western European faces

llm_camo0-20 - base white Western European faces (camo)

llm_face_da00-13 - dark Ethiopian faces

llm_face_la00-12 - light Ethiopian faces

llm_face_cf00-14 - camo Ethiopian faces

llm_face_cn00-08 - camo Asian faces

llm_face_cb00-03 - camo Allied black faces

llm_face_cc00-19 - camo Caucasian faces

llm_face_ch00-10 - camo Hispanic faces

llm_face_dn00-01 - desert camo Asian faces

llm_face_db00-03 - desert camo black faces

llm_face_dh00-02 - desert camo Hispanic faces

llm_face_dw00-05 - desert camo white faces

llm_face_hw00-03 - white hostage faces

llm_face_hb00-03 - black hostage faces

llm_face_ru00-33 - russian faces

llm_face_rl00-04 - russian leader faces

great! been looking forward to these ones.... now I have to write some scripts for all the old units then?

now I have to write some scripts for all the old units then?

All the old scripts are still there, no compatibility is broken. However, if you want some units to use, for instance, US camo faces pool, then yes, you have to modify theirs conifg.

I'm a big fan, and I was going to send this to Smith personally, but I'll put my gripe in:

We need more plain, non-camoed faces. That said, I'm not doing anything to help, so I'll got and stand in the corner.

I just think it looks a bit silly when we've got around 130 awesome camoed faces to use on combat units, but when it comes to units who probably won't be on the frontline (garrison units, civilians, etc) we have a lousy 20 or so. If someone could work on this I'd be eternally grateful.

<Shuffles off to corner, grumbling.>

I'm a big fan, and I was going to send this to Smith personally, but I'll put my gripe in:

We need more plain, non-camoed faces. That said, I'm not doing anything to help, so I'll got and stand in the corner.

I just think it looks a bit silly when we've got around 130 awesome camoed faces to use on combat units, but when it comes to units who probably won't be on the frontline (garrison units, civilians, etc) we have a lousy 20 or so.  If someone could work on this I'd be eternally grateful.

Hmm i think my addition is already like 35 or more faces ( im at work so i cant check now ^^ ) and i guess there are the same amount of non-cammo western faces.

Should be enough to do the job.

And it already is more than we ever had if you count the original faces wink_o.gif

Great work. I will certainly incorporate this in the next EDF addon and many others thumbs-up.gif

I just think it looks a bit silly when we've got around 130 awesome camoed faces to use on combat units, but when it comes to units who probably won't be on the frontline (garrison units, civilians, etc) we have a lousy 20 or so. If someone could work on this I'd be eternally grateful.

Hmm i think my addition is already like 35 or more faces ( im at work so i cant check now ^^ ) and i guess there are the same amount of non-cammo western faces.

Should be enough to do the job.

And it already is more than we ever had if you count the original faces wink_o.gif

Actually, Cameron is right as far as non-camo western faces are concerned. There are only 15 of them. On the eastern side, I think 35 non-camo faces converted by Shadow NX should suffice for you guys, but I'm definitely looking forward to adding more western ones.

Anybody feels like helping? wink_o.gif

i dont get this to work...

and i do as it sais in the readme...

i write

(_this select 0) exec "\facestex2\rus_faces.sqs"

in the init field of the unit...

but i get a error message saying "local variable in global space"

so, what am i doeing wrong?

hmm... nevermind, i just read the readme again....

i need a script....

anyone got such a script?

I cant get it to work either. First I got some errors and now its the attack of the western european clones even when Im using the african face script.

Unfortunately, current scripting doesn't allow users to alter the face via init line override.

Here's something just came to my mind, I've never tried it out, so I'm not sure whether this works or not... Try this in your init line, maybe it will work:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this animate ["Fset", 1]; this exec "\facestex2\rus_faces.sqs"