Sign in to follow this  
spad

WH40K BETA TEST

hello, Spad was very kind and sent me his unfinished work, so at the moment I´m finishing the Eldar pack and I´m also working on Orks. Some WH40k addons might also get an update from me, as I got the permission from Spad to work on the addons if I want.. smile_o.gif Thanx Spad.

boyzzp9.th.jpg

I´m using the ork model which came with the beta, it got some textures and I have also made the Killa Kan. Still early shots, but it might give you an idea what Im working on tounge2.gif

Are there any ppl left who want to contribute to wh40k mod ?

Quote[/b] ]Are there any ppl left who want to contribute to wh40k mod ?

I think this mod would be better if it were for ArmA, because this game have better graphics, more features and less limitations, for example you can make working sponsons for the Leman Russ or anything else.

I started modelling a Leman Russ battle tank and if you planned an ArmA version of the mod, I would gladly cooperate. smile_o.gif

hello again,

I´m still working on the Orks, the boy model is finally final smile_o.gif Im modelling and texturing last few weapons and there are still some animations left to do.

So far I have ready and working:

units: Slugga,Shoota,Tankbusta, Burna boyz with several variants

weapons: slugga, shoota,burna,stikkbomb and atmine

anims: running and basic stances, I´m planning to do the most important anims like reloading etc. only, sorry I dont feel like reanimating the whole OFP again as I nearly did with Caen44 smile_o.gif

I have started a Nob unit and Im still working on the Killa Kan.

here is a quick gameplay video:

Quote[/b] ]I think this mod would be better if it were for ArmA, because this game have better graphics, more features and less limitations, for example you can make working sponsons for the Leman Russ or anything else.

I started modelling a Leman Russ battle tank and if you planned an ArmA version of the mod, I would gladly cooperate.

Yes I agree it could be better to do it for ARMA, but there arent still all the tools I would need, so far I plan the Orks for OFP only. And ARMA doesnt run well on my PC either, I have a slow gfx card...

Good luck on your leman russ smile_o.gif

@shinkansen

thanks for offering help, would you try to do some ork vehicles, if you are still interested ? whistle.gif What about some looted leman russ version or some open apc with a cannon or whatever smile_o.gif It´s up to you.

@spad

The Eldars will come out with the Orks pack, is it allright?

SengirVampireWW2EC you are free to do what you want with this mod biggrin_o.gif make all the change you want as i already said to you.

i am too busy with my baby and painting my blood angel army to help you now but in a near futur ... xmas_o.gif

and by the way i love your ork's troop so excellent with their whaaaaaaaaaaag notworthy.gif

Very impressive video, full of flashes, bangs, cries and waaaarhg !! yay.gif

I'm really wondering about coming back to the OFP scene and giving a helping hand icon_rolleyes.gif

Whatever, if you need some document to improve models or create new ones, I possess the five Forgeworld's Imperial Armours and Aeronautica Imperialis.

PM me if some help is needed wink_o.gif

hello again, thanks you all for all the nice comments here.

@All - if there is anybody who is willing to make a battlewagon or field gunz for my Orks. please PM me or post here!

Quote[/b] ]SPQR, Shinkansen, Dante - I can use any help, lets make some things Orky smile_o.gif "Green is best!"

Got 1,5 GB of rulesbooks recently, thanx anyway. I´m still working on the Orks, well, I bet the first info you are interested in is WHEN?! Allrighty, Im totally busy in RL,new jobs interviews, cancellations, proposals....money money money, so I estimate it about not more than 2 months (honestly, not more really).

The Nob anims are going well and I have also modelled a Gretchin (what do you think,is it crappy after a 3 weeks o2 experience?) , his model is ready , as you can see on the screenshot below, I´m doing his animations right now.

Damn, I really need a battlewagon, this model can be really "orky", if the there is anybody out there who is able to do a model+texture it, just help and send it please. You can leave the cfg + anims to me, np. A working 4x4 + a BIG gun can´t be such a big deal, right? Thnx

gretchinqv1.th.jpg

Sengir

well, I bet the first info you are interested in is WHEN?!

No, it's how can we help ?  biggrin_o.gif

About me, I fear I reached my incompetence level when I had to face the script problems (H-to-H combat, special FX for ammunitions, ...) and the lack of animators for special anims  goodnight.gif

Nevertheless, I can give you the method I create to calculate armor& armorStructural of troops, vehicles and weapons damages for standardization.

You'll discover that with this method, Orks will be rather weaks (because of their armour). Maybe one method to cheat and simulate their incredible toughness (regeneration & so on) could be to give them a higher armorStructural and/or all armorlocs (head, body, arms, legs) equal to 1 ?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Conversion rules WH40K => OFP

I hope it'll help.

Nice grots  wink_o.gif

Very nice Dark Eldar Raider wink_o.gif

Are you able to see why, on the SM bikes and eldar bikes, the turrets don't turn ?

Very nice Dark Eldar Raider  wink_o.gif

Are you able to see why, on the SM bikes and eldar bikes, the turrets don't turn ?

I will look on it at the weekend

Very nice Dark Eldar Raider  wink_o.gif

I will look on it at the weekend

Thanks very much. thumbs-up.gif

Spad and I weren't able to find the solution for the eldar motojet and SM bikes, while Hitcher's Mad Max mod bikes had rotating turrets huh.gif

Can someone repost the eldar pack, as i didnt get there before it expired. Thanks in advance.

Quote[/b] ]Can someone repost the eldar pack, as i didnt get there before it expired. Thanks in advance.

Im afraid the Eldar pack hasn´t been released yet. Im still working on it, Im adding new anims for the Eldars + doing the Wraithlord anims and the Eldar pack will come out with my Orks+couple of new missions smile_o.gif You have got to wait for 2 months or so for the release, sorry.

@Shinkansen

Very nice model man, I dont know about any existing Dark Eldars addon to man the aircraft tho. Well, maybe can you transfer some of the regular Eldars to the bad guys if i send you the addon? Oh, and good luck on your future Ork machines smile_o.gif

@SPQR

thanks for the formulae, on the other hand, Im afraid Im no expert of the wh40k universe, im just a fan of the dawn of war dark crusade strategy game + i have read the wh40k codex books. If you want, i can send you the alpha of my ork addon and you can set the infantry armours, what do you think?

The scripts and anims and ammo effets arent a big problem for me, I have already done lots of new anims and some ammo scrips effects for the Tau guns as well. Install the OFP again and help me , man smile_o.gif

and now some news- the Grot is ingame, its running, reloading and yelling and dying smile_o.gif Im still working on the Eldars and Orks, I want to release them as a wh40k pack nr3 before Xmas. Wish me luck and if you wanna help, just PM me.

Bye, Sengir

Quote[/b] ]@SPQR

thanks for the formulae, on the other hand, Im afraid Im no expert of the wh40k universe, im just a fan of the dawn of war dark crusade strategy game + i have read the wh40k codex books. If you want, i can send you the alpha of my ork addon and you can set the infantry armours, what do you think?

I'd be pleased to participate to the revival of the mod.

If I can give your my opinion, maybe we should make smaller pbos, one pbo per kind of trooper(ork boyz, eldar guardians,...). Smaller cpp writing could be easier to manage , upgrade and make them available.

What do you think about it ?

Quote[/b] ]The scripts and anims and ammo effets arent a big problem for me, I have already done lots of new anims and some ammo scrips effects for the Tau guns as well. Install the OFP and help me again, man smile_o.gif

That's a very good news. I used to try to replace, for the Tau pulse guns, the visible but nearly subsonic p3d projectile with the same effect of the tracers (light balls). But I miserably failed confused_o.gif

Thisscript should work fine for plasma. However, after reading some WH40K books, it seems that plasma weapon should have a white long flash (as imperial lasgun or Tau turret's meltagun) with an explosion (for the heavy plasma gun) las we have seen with the M1A2 SEP addon.

Same thing for H-to-H combat huh.gif

However, thanks to you, OFP is already reinstalled wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and now some news- the Grot is ingame, its running, reloading and yelling and dying smile_o.gif Im still working on the Eldars and Orks, I want to release them as a wh40k pack nr3 before Xmas. Wish me luck and if you wanna help, just PM me.

Die, Grot... DIE !! rofl.gif

I'll try to find new sounds for the shuriken catapult (it's still displease me)

I'll do all I can to give you a helping hand. However, like you RL is heavy, as my new job consists in working during afternoon and night. However I will be available during weekends without problem.

The Emperor blesses us all yay.gif

hi again

Im not idle, although the RL is heavy at the moment. The animated Grot is ingame, doing his job just fine. I made some feral orks versions + im working on a detailed "little" surprise, see the pics below smile_o.gif Im also considering doing some Stormboyz, but im not sure how to animate them. Maybe "flying" anims instead sprint anims?

@SPQR

Send me your email or msn, i´ll send you some Orks if you want to check them out for armor values. Don´t worry about the pbos, the Ork infantry will have one pbo, it´s not a big deal to update its cfg anytime. I havent looked into hand to hand combat yet, im not too hot about its scripting right now. It isn´t on the plan at the mo either. Who knows...

About the sounds, well I took most of them from DoW game . icon_rolleyes.gif

Im also trying to improve the plasma fire effect scripts,I have some minor difficulties to run them directly from the config.ccp, but nothing too serious, Im sure I will fix everything just fine eventually. Damn, if i only had more free time!

@Shinkansen

By chance, have you had any free time for the Ork vehicles yet?

here are the new pics

New units:

orkpack1hs7.th.jpg

Megaarmored Nob:

mnob1vf3.th.jpg

I am requesting permission to try to port this over to Arma. I have almost no experience in addon making beyond simple re-skins, but I'm working on getting the space marine imported now. All I have to do at this point, is give it the correct config and texture.

If I can successfully port this, can I release it while providing the necessary credits?