Sign in to follow this  
spad

WH40K BETA TEST

Very nice work from the pics on OFP.info, looking forward to bringing the Emperopr's Justice to the xenos. heh.

But seriously, very nice work guys. notworthy.gif

Bien joué, les p'tits gars. Well done, guys, the campaign is very nice (but very short  whistle.gif ), units are impressive and even if i never played WH40000, inovative mods are giving us "oxygen" when others provide us with the 100's version of M16 or Hind.

About "beta" bugs, there are no so many of them, apart from some missing textures here and there and some missing crews. The aircaste doesn't work because the name of the pbo is "aricaste" and not "aircaste". Just one thing : is it possible to complete the groups ?

Hello!

There was a problem in the load of the mini-campaign. It was due to an addon which I had not updated.

Here is the new link

MINI-CAMPAIGN

I clarify you that there are only the first 2 missions.

For the moment the campaign is in French, but if you want it. I can try a translation in English. (I am very very bad in English. Sorry)

Here are some indications for the non-French speakers.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202006-05-03%2012-28-15-14.jpgImage6.jpg

I found a few bugs, a lot of the sights for the tanks cause a CTD if you try and use them, also sometimes the rail-rifle effect doesn't draw.

And a fluff bug too! tounge2.gif The Ultramarines Terminator SGT should have a red helmet with a white stripe (he does in his icon, but not on his model sad_o.gif )

No Blood Angel Termi's yet sad_o.giftounge2.gif

Also, I think the Plasma gun is bit to big, it should be about the same size as the bolter

I'm sure they already know about that stuff. It IS a beta. I'm amazed at how much there is: and the dreadies, termies and battlesuits ROCK! I LOVE the way they work! Anyone else agree?

P.S. What is the best Anim pack for it? I'm using the BIS one, and it's slightly awkward. Sorry for repeating myself, but wotchagonnado.

Ace mod! thumbs-up.gif

Terminators would be better if the Power Fist were scripted, and they had a Heavy Flamer dude. The Dreads just rock and work beautifully.

As for anim packs, the problem is that SMs are really to bulky to use the standard anims, so they'd probabley work best if they had their own custom ones smile_o.gif

Here is the last version of the mini-campaign:

mini-camp

I corrected the bug which did not allow to choose the level of difficulty. (Bad naming of an addon confused_o.gif ).

The continuation will follow under the shape of another mini-campaign). (Probably 2 missions / mini - mini-mini campaign)

Here are some indications for the non-French speakers.

FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202006-05-03%2012-54-15-78.jpgFLASHPOINTRESISTANCE%202006-05-19%2011-00-29-06.jpg

You could try and enlist someone who speaks French and English, i think i might know someone out of the ofp community.

Quote[/b] ]The Ultramarines Terminator SGT should have a red helmet with a white stripe

How about worrying about this mod getting stable before you nitpick about minor things like that.

This mod is too big and full of CTD's to worry about silly details like stripes.

EDIT: An excellent job btw warhammer team. notworthy.gif

Nice work very good start considering it is a beta, just need multiple turret's.

Also this isn't a bug but more of a tweak but the Hammer Head vs a Leman Russ, is a abit screwed up the Hammerhead hits you once and bang, Leman Russ fires and kills the crew but the tank is still there.

Wow... already we have someone complaining about someone's critiques?  Anyway...   On with more suggestions/reports.

Once again, I'm not complaining about the mod, just reporting bugs and making suggestions...

If anyone is familiar with PhilCommando's works, things like PCIgorHQ, PCPrison, etc... I think it would be really helpful if the structure's icons on the mission editor had a scaled image of the object to make it easier in the placing of things (like putting walls together, or more than one Runway to make a airfield.   Since last night was a slow night at work, I spent the better half of my 12 hour shift piecing together walls and streets, popping in and out of the preview mode to get 'em just right... no complaints, just a suggestion.

The Dreadnoughts have the capacity to go prone and low crawl... I think that might be a bug.

Defilers/Landspeeders bounce around like crazy hehe, kinda funny but sometimes frustrating.

The Imperial Bunker and the Tau Landing Platform are a bit buggy... you can't climb the ramp of the platform and you can't enter the bunker... well if you do manage to get in, you fuse with the ground of the structure.   As a side note, the entrances of the Tau buildings are a bit smaller than the Tau light infantry themselves, just thought I'd point that out.

Also, I tried launching in the Tau bomber and fighter, I couldn't seem to get it to actually lift off the ground, I had to fly off a cliff before it would get airborne.

I don't know if it's just me or the units, but I tried making some waypoints to get some Crisis Battlesuits to patrol, or even move, to a designated posistion... they did the first time but didn't afterwards.

I only had two crashes that I can remember... One I was in the Promethius LandRaider driving near the Frigate, and once as a SM trying to walk up the Frigate's ramp.

Will the BaneBlade have its 11 barrels of hell to unleash for at the moment it just has its primary gun... I don't know if so many weapons on a single vehicle is possible or the team just hasn't had to time yet.

In summary, I've been working with this mod extensively for the past few days and want to say it is INCREDIBLY stable for a first release and feel safe to point out that the "Terminator Sgt's are supposed to have red helmets with a white strip"   nener.gif  wink_o.gif

Also, the Tau Streets have serious variations in color between the street and the connectors.

WELL DONE ON THE MOD TEAM!   Very stable, close attention to detail in virtually all aspects that you had time for.   I am very impressed and look forward to later released!

yay.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  yay.gif  thumbs-up.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Also, forgot to mention, the Land Raider's Heavy Bolters don't appear to move with the turret sad_o.gif

some work on the eldar forces, building pack from yarbi, config by spqr

eldar unit

Hello guys, I just want to say thank you, I downloaded your packs today and I´m really surprized how nice your addons are! Even it´s a Beta and it has its bugs yet, you did an awesome job. So many great units, simply amazing ! Although I know nothing at all about WH40K universe, I´m having a great fun with all these marines and Tau forces (who is the evil side ?)

The campaign is great too, nice scripting and ideas there, loved the pictures in the radio conversations thumbs-up.gif The last mission was a tough one, especially when your comp lags like hell with so many dead lying on the ground. Could you give the player the possibility to delete the dead with an eraser script please via radio or actionmenu ? And any chance of making the future missions in English please ?

Thanx again to all, Sengir notworthy.gif

I don't think the Tau or The Impirium (Space Marines and Imperial Guards, space marines are spec ops hard men) are evil, thier just different, the choas are the real evil ones (that are included in his pack)

The chaos are evil, no argueing that tounge2.gif

The Baal Preditor suffers from the Muzzule Flare bug on the Storm Bolters, and one of the wraithlords hip joints doesn't fit properly sad_o.gif

Also, Tau seem to have a fear of Stairs and can't climb them huh.gif

And now... a fluff bug! yay.gif

Laser Cannon - This should be LasCannon

List (or else post will be too big)

The dreadnoughts and battlesuits (as well as the termies) use the "standard" anims for ofp soldiers. Since they can go prone... Well... To counter this they need to give em new seperate anims, or fiddle around with the standard ones (like using the crouch anim for the prone anim, might work?), but like I once said, this can be a real bitch)

Baneblade using only the main cannon, well multiple turrets are kinda (almost) impossible with the current ofp engine.

Damn, have to work...

The Rhino (and all it's varients) have their headlights perminantly on, combined with the fact they clip through the hull it isn't very nice sad_o.gif

also, one of the pbos is named aricaste.pbo, when it should be aircaste.pbo

And, the Karskin's boots don't match! wow_o.gif

I figured the Animations and the Multiple Turrets thing might be an issue, oh well, I can't complain ^_^.

Another thing I noticed though... the Bolter Turret and the Hydra turret would be nice as useable items, but aside from that, they suffer from the muzzle flash bug too.

Also, I don't know if it is supposed to or not, but the Orca's cargo hatch doesn't close when you take off, and is very very difficult to turn... but that might supposed to be, I'm not very familiar with the Tau other than they are the uber-long ranged ones. Havn't had a chanceto check out Eldar, but I'm very interested in seeing what they've got!

P.S. about the Imperium being evil... well Chaos are definately evil, but we can't say that the Imperium is much better. From what I understand, living conditions for military personal are often less than favorable, and it is horrific on the naval ships... but this is from what I know from my co-worker, he's my advisor now for when I create missions ^_^.

my 2 cents (literally)

the baneblade is extremley untesxutred and the heavy bolter doenst have a texdtured clip thing its all white but other thne that i havent seen to many horribly bad mod killign bugs this pack is extremley awesoem and im happy as a i cna be that it was relesed its extremley awesome even in its beta form keep workin guys good stuff thumbs-up.gif

started the campaign and here's what I think.

first of all, I'm nothing even close to a Warhammer fan. seeing it as a MOD for OFP made me think it could be worth a try. visually the MOD looks great. the campaign being only in French lowered my interest a bit. and the first mission in the campaign seems really tricky... the other units in my group don't engage the AA systems downstairs at all but the AA systems engage me and my group very efficiently making any attack with the size of my group nearly impossible.

english version of the campaign with some better balance and I'm gonna be hooked to it smile_o.gif

the mod team is french for a big part so all work is in french, if someone could translate it it will be cool for the non french speaker.

by the way i forgot to say that i don't think that the team will make some new thing before a while , so all the work is free for any modification creating new camapign etc...

If you need it translated into english i can do it. jus send me a pm of what you need done