Sign in to follow this  
jarvo9

WWII Collection

Hey all!

After a "Fresh" install of OFP i Dl'ed a WWII collection in one Dl. It has alot of addons and i mean alot.

The problem is i have multiple eras when i try to start the game. I was able to sort some of them out but this little jem: No entry 'config.bin/CfgAmmo/metra.1' has eluded me....

So after trying to find out which one this belongs to for hours, i figuired someone in the community might have some  insight on this.

I feel your pain, OFP Collection has been buggy for me as well.

I couldnt find a solution to the mod so what I did was just move all the addons and files I wanted into another mod. In my case the FDF WWII mod. Works fine now.

Well, it seems i'm not alone.

banghead.gif

Did it work?

Even when I got the WWII collection to work, the tankers and other units were all screwy. Like if I got out of a tank, my guy would be stuck waist deep in the ground and couldnt move.

But moving all the addons to another mod's folder solved everything.

The reason i reinstalled OFP was my Inv44 mod folder was screwed up by adding addons.

A word to the wise, when adding addons, start the game after everyone it makes it easy to identify a problem with that particular addon.

So i started "Fresh" and wanted to keep WWII mods separate to avoid any problems. I decided to keep different phases of the War in there own start up/mod folder ie. Inv44 mod, WWIIec mod, Be45 mod, Liberation 41-45 mod, FDF WWII mod, IOF mod and Pacific mod. As you can see i use pretty much all WWII addons.

I thought i might DL the WWII Collection, try them all out, and pick out the "crossover" addons that i could use in each phase. Once it was put in its own folder everything would work...right?...ahhhh wrong....it seems the collection itself was plagued by the same problem i was trying to avoid!  crazy_o.gif

So i guess it's back to installing them one by one then trying them out.....

Is it the fixed version 3 you have? My one works fine.

@ scotchsoldier - TY, i was unaware there were different versions nor does the one i DL have a version # anywhere that i can find. Although i checked it's properties and it seems to have been released on 7/9/2004 with 560mb.

I have since found another one released on 12/22/2004 with 673mb, along with an objects pack released on the same date with 210mb. Although i don't know what version it is ,as it does not say.

Hopefully this is the version 3 you mentioned. I will have a go at it and so how it runs.

On a separate note, by no means did a mean to sound ungratefull to the author (whoever that maybe) who put these packs together. This person did do a service to the community by putting it together.

I totally agree, putting all these addons together and making the armour values realistic was a great idea and must have taken allot of work.

@ adrenaline red - I just experienced the tanker stuck in the ground waist deep...lmao...i was in a Cromwell tank and it got hit so i tried to get out.....but you can't run very far with your legs stuck in quick sand...

I do have version 3 now but it still has plenty-o bugs but it's still a good collection of quality community addons.

So Salute to all addon makers!!!

Yeah I had the same probs, even with all the latest packs and objects.

If you have another WWII folder, a quick copy and paste will let you see the difference and should eliminate all bugs.

I have never experienced the waist deep bug, but whenever i try to use a pistol my guy freezes into the ground while playing CTI-44. There were preicse installation instructions here but the site is downinstallation instructions. If you download the latest ww2 collection pack at ofpfiles(link in my sig) and install it i can send you the fix which is only around 2mb.

Yes i would be interested in a 2mb fix!

Got it scotchsoldier and everything that i have tried seems to be working fine now.

Thank You!