Sign in to follow this  
x582gr51

VEPR II .223

I did a search about the VEPR II .223 and it returned 0 as result.

I just read an account from a russian "spetsnaz" about one of his mission that i want to make for ofp. Apparently he used this .223 riffle for tactical purposes and blending.

So, is there one of you who have seen this VEPR II .223 riffle as an addon and know where to grab it?

Also, if one know or have tails about the riffle and the fact that it do jam or not?

I did a search about the VEPR II .223 and it returned 0 as result.

I just read an account from a russian "spetsnaz" about one of his mission that i want to make for ofp. Apparently he used this .223 riffle for tactical purposes and blending.

So, is there one of you who have seen this VEPR II .223 riffle as an addon and know where to grab it?

Also, if one know or have tails about the riffle and the fact that it do jam or not?

There was a news post about one at Flashpoint.ru. It hasnt been released yet though.

http://www.flashpoint.ru/newsimages/ukr_vepr1.jpg

http://www.flashpoint.ru/forum....1&pp=15

Although I cant read Cyrllic so I dont know.

Wrong vepr wink_o.gif That's an Ukrainian Vepr bullpup, which only comes in 5.45x39...

The Vepr that Fat_Tony means is infact a civilian Ak, manufactured by the molot factory...

Which looks like this:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/vepr_II_762x39_mb.jpg

(There are various different calibres for it, this is the 7.62x39 one, which is just about the same as the rest basicly)..

I seriously doubt russian Spetsnaz would use a civi Ak, while Izhmash produced Ak-101's which are Ak-74M's rechambered in .223 NATO ammo...

I seriously doubt Russians would use 5.56x45, even for specops. They have their own calibers and theyre more than happy with them. Even so, why would they use a cheapy civilian semi-auto kalashnikov clone?

Sometimes you pick a weapon that doesn't scream, "I'm an American!" or, in this case, "I'm a Russian!" It's the same reason you sometimes see SF carrying HK knockoffs made in some third world hell hole.

And of course, a cheapish AK made in Russia doesnt scream out "Im Russian!" The Spetsnaz have all sorts of western weaponry just in case they need to go covert. Im sure it would be more likely that they'd be totting an M16 than a 'Vepr' rofl.gif

Thanks for the precious infos!!! yay.gif

Ok now if my third world brain has grasped the jamming or not part? Then if the VEPR chamber is made from let's say Romania then "chances" are that the riffle will jam compared to the one made in belarussia?

Still, sadly, there is no VEPR arround and i will use the cheapest russian civilian style of riffle that have been made for ofp, any hints? crazy_o.gif

goodnight.gif

Hmm internet Spetsnaz, id be carefull before i believe such storys ^^

Btw, bad operator if he doesnt even respect OPSEC and talks about his missions on some internet forums... ive met so many "real" Spetsnaz on the net over the years but most dont even know the name of their base wink_o.gif

Anyway, to get ontopic, use a AKM, that old thing can be found in all areas a Spetsnaz could operate in.

In eastern block countrys there are still huge amounts of that gun and if you wanna blend in and for example blend a chechen you can use the AKM very well.

Plus in such poor countrys like chechnya i think a Vepr would stand out even more than some AK74M that could be scavenged.

Yes, be careful of so called 'former Special Forces' who post on random forums claiming to know all. Well, I spose something like this would make a good civilian or FIA weapon....

Yeah it need to apply some good information control... icon_rolleyes.gif

Still, i am eager to know that if it was information control that made moscow keeping the real good blueprints and licensing some not so good ones to the unthrusties and rebelious kept as poor countries while building not as good steel industry or simply not supplying them with the fine and near perfect steel but rather shipping them rusty pieces. Also, allowing the lower than dirt bullet factory working dogs to smoke on the last production day of the countract. Yep, i suppose that exports versions may differs from one country to another this depending on the mood of the psychotics at moscow.   crazy_o.gif

It may appear off topic but this third world thingy made me get an idea of a poor country that get the opportunity to host a spy and discover him now changing is ID and appearance through genetic engineering (with the help from a Cuban Doctor)  and hiring him for retrieving and providing the near perfect blueprints. Might be a good campaign with a spy that got a whispering mind and cursing every times that something go wrong. Like talking to himself... in some hilarious manners banghead.gifcrazy_o.gif

Ok then back to the weaponery, may a pk or rpk be a better choice, he is a spetsnaz not a shaky civ trapped into some sort of insurgency...???

Yeah, i admit that this spetsnaz accounts on internet are very suspicious (has the lady next door too), still, i like these texts that you can find arround they are making a good start for objectives of never ending mission's scenarios or campaigns

goodnight.gif