Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

Cry Havoc - Campaign

cryHavoc.jpg

As a member of a mercenary team you are sent to the Tonali islands in order to assassinate Joseph Conrad - a rogue US military turned local warlord. This campaign focuses on Nephilim's carefully modelled mercenary addon. <span style='color:red'>Cry Havoc</span> is the sequel to my Blue Skies campaign. It can - however - be played as a stand alone adventure.

<span style='color:red'>Cry Havoc</span> contains six fully voice acted missions with custom music, SFX, cinematics and illustrated briefings.

CHbirefing.jpg Samples from the illustrated briefings.

The storyline in <span style='color:red'>Cry Havoc</span> is linear, but the missions leaves plenty of room for player improvisation. The outcome of early missions will affect the final parts of the campaign.

Download Cry Havoc here.

REQUIRED ADDONS

Islands:

BAS Tonal+OPFOR 1.20: ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/islands2/bas_isleopfor1.2.rar

Units:

RFJ Mercenaries (by Nephilim) ftp://www.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd....1.0.rar

BAS Chinooks 1.20: http://www.gotf.net/download.asp?dl=76

BAS Air Weapons 1.00: http://www.gotf.net/download.asp?dl=19

BAS Delta-Rangers 1.55: http://www.gotf.net/download.asp?dl=25

Stuff:

JAM 3: http://www.ofpec.com/addons/JAM.php

Eye Candy:

GB's editor upgrade (or equivalent): http://www.ofpec.com/includes/download2.php?id=730

A note from the mission maker: Some of the sound files in the campaign are still the robotic WIP sounds used during BETA testing. My intention was to replace them with better quality sounds. I do no longer have the time required to do that due to RL. I decided to release the campaign as it is.

Oh no,not rapid share crazy_o.gif for some reason it will never let me download anything off it.I alway's wait then key in the number's/ letter's then get some message about invalid download or something similar pistols.gif i think it as got something to do with my firewall setting's but alas i still can't suss it out.Any mirror's in the pipeline?

I'm travelling and only able to connect to the web from my laptop. Hence, no mirroring oportunities for me banghead.gif If anyone wants to host the mission - feel free to do so notworthy.gif

** POSSIBLE SPOILER ****

Hi nominesine,

played the first and second mission so far and I really like them.

I just escaped the SU-25 and have to evacuate the camp from Kimbe. When I arrive at the first US checkpoint (ar the bridge) I can't cross the bridge because some pieces of the bridge don't fit in their height. Seems like a map problem rather than a mission problem. Can you confirm, that the bridge is crossable?

Jens

fiddle with your "land detail" setting. smile_o.gif

Didnt this Campaign come out about a 1 year ago?

If it didnt, then where did I get it from huh.gif

@batdog

It was released for BETA testing. I cleaned it up and corrected all the bugs discovered by the BETA testers that had to do with playability. The story is pretty much the same though. And the WIP voices are the same (unfortunately)

@jens

Never heard of the problem and I've never had any problem crossing the bridge (except for AI sometimes crashing their truck, but that's OFP in a nutshell). Try codarl's solution and see if it works

Thanks Imutep, I've been waiting for a mirror for this since it was released wink_o.gif

@nominesine

Congratulation to this new campaign! You used very nice addons! Great! And very good and unique story.

But I have a few problem (if the campaign in BETA phase):

1., When I had to go to the safehouse. The second question mark checkpoint: I killed three US and I didn't found other guard, but I couldn't go through the checkpoint. I tried restart and anything, but no solution... sad_o.gif( (endmission cheat)

2., It's not your fault, but in the sharpshooter mission, I couldn't use the second weapon (M21). If I drop the M16 to the ground (with 'drop M16' action menu) and take M21 I get an error message... 'no fake.cfg' or something. But if I didn't drop the M16, but use the 'take m21' command, there is no something in my hand. I saw the M21 in the Notebook, but not in 3D world.ű

I know it's an addon problem, not mission, but annoying.

But I could manage the mission with an M16.

3., Dramatic problem: I didn't feel the strong link between the sharpshooter and attack mission.

But I liked the ending. Good work!

Why is the RFJ Mercenary addon(mercsOFPbetaV.1.0) asking me for a password when I open it and try to install it?What is the password to this?Ive downloaded this addon from 3 different places and its encrtypted.Is this some sort of sick joke?

biggrin_o.gif I think I can remember that - I was alsopuzzled, dazed & confused. If I only recalled that weel, the author had an issue concerning reading the readme file meticulously and you had to get to the very end of it and there was the password in plain writing. crazy_o.gif

YEAH, A KIND OF SICK & DEVASTATING JOKE TO SOMEONE WHO HAS JUST SPENT LOTS OF TIME LOOKING FOR AND DOWNLOADING THE ADDONS. help.gif

I hope I helped ... Good luck.