Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

'Nam SF Coop Mission Pack

These have been sitting on my HD the past 3 weeks and I decided to just release them as-is.  The pack contains 4 missions I've made, all focused around SF combat in 'nam.  It was originally meant as an SOG pack, but I hated the SOG models in VTE, so used MFR units instead.  The missions featured all use DAC, Mapfact Respawn v3, and three use CoC Arty.  The first 3 missions are mostly bug-free, but the fourth is only ~80% done.  The core mission is finished, but I meant to enchance it further and it is fairly generic right now.

The missions all require VTE v0.2 beta and its required addons.  I will not be updating this pack any further, so if anyone else wishes to modify it/finish it, feel free to do so smile_o.gif. Any feedback on how you liked the missions would be appreciated smile_o.gif.

The pack can be downloaded here.

I hated the SOG models in VTE, so used MFR units instead.

Well there will be change for this in next VTE release, I assume you have seen the Ebud's work for new units which is just awesome.

Unless of course... you dont like them either hehe.

Quote[/b] ]The missions featured all use DAC, Mapfact Respawn v3

So does this mean... they use some additional addons besides VTE?

If I'm correct, the mapfact ai creator at least uses some marker pack or something like that(?).

Quote[/b] ]I will not be updating this pack any further, so if anyone else wishes to modify it/finish it, feel free to do so

So officially asking, you have no objections and give "permissions" if these missions get (tweaked and) put into VTE missions list for the next release?

Anyways, I appreciate your work for OFP NAM scene, it really needs something like this. Especially if these missions are purely using VTE (like said, not sure about the ai creators needs), if I recall, these are then the first public "independent" missions released (there was the one mission, but it had additional/crazy addon requirements). So good work overall, and VTE thanks you for the support! smile_o.gif

I'll have to check out the new updates by Ebud, haven't seen them yet crazy_o.gif.

DAC does use a marker pack, but only if you enable the markers. They are disabled in my mission because I didn't want the player knowing the enemies' location. Mapfact Respawn is entirely script-based, no addons there. These missions use strictly VTE, nothing more.

I have no objections to it being added/modified for VTE's next release. Glad I could help & thanks for the kind words smile_o.gif.

NOTE: You're really going to need to modify SOG4. It works and such, but there is no ambience at all to it wink_o.gif.