Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Ironsight's Addon Projects

As I am getting flooded with PM's lately regarding all kinds of projects of mine I decided to make one central topic with all info regarding current and planned projects. So here goes:

Everon Defence Forces

Current status: Active

A new topic regarding these will hopefully be made soon.

Current topic

Architecture Pack

First version of the pack is sheduled for release after the the Everon Defence Forces pack is done. Maybe earlier maybe later. Can't really tell at the moment.

Link to current topic

USS San Antonio class LPD-17

Current status: On hold until Armed Assault

Model is partially done but I put it on hold since I think it will fit the engine of Armed Assault better so that's why it will be released for Armed Assault.

WIP screen

US Navy LCM and LCU landing craft

Current status: On hold until Armed Assault

Same story as the San Antonio. Will probably be released together with the San Antonio.

M16 SPR rifle

Current status: On hold due to lack of interest

If anyone's interested I will fix this one up for release. Started out as just a fun project. It's only still missing a bipod and a scope.

WIP screen

L118/M119 howitzer

Current status: Model released for mods to use

Model was made and released for mods to fit it into their own mod. I will release it myself sometime but I don't think anytime soon.

WIP screen

Private Military Contractors

A project I have been working on for quite a while now. Such addons are already released so it's not very high on my priority list. The project also contains a number of vehicles in use by contractors for example the Mamba and the RG-31.

UN peacekeepers

Current status: To be revived

Made them sometime back. Will be revived at some point.

Oudated WIP screen

ACU soldiers

Current status: Not to be released anytime soon.

There seems to be an overflow of ACU soldiers. That's why I am holding them back for now.

US Army EOD vehicles and landmine/IED pack

Current status: Stopped

Didn't really work out for the OFP engine. Models are already made of the Buffalo, RG-31 and Meerkat plus mumerous of landmines and IED's. Pack will probably be cut up and parts that are usefull for OFP or Armed Assult will be released.

Outdated WIP screen

These are not all the projects I am working on but the ones mentioned are the ones that I think are the most interesting and

the ones I am getting the most questions about.

I hope this topic provides a little bit of insight on what I am working at the moment and what has priority and what not. I will keep posting updates in this topic now and then.

If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback,feel free to post it.

I'm sorry for bothering you Ironsight notworthy.gif

Thanks for the Update. thumbs-up.gif

Agree with the above. The EDF soldiers are great, and the "Private Military Contractors" ("Good" mercenaries, basically?) sound fun, too. As do the UN peacekeepers... finally something up to the level of OWP's UN Mi-8! biggrin_o.gif

As mentioned, nice avatar. tounge2.gif

I noticed the Bushfires mod isn't on your list there, any word on that one? You're getting me worried here lol tounge2.gif

I would definitely be interested if you ever completed that SPR; it looks awesome!

I've always found the SPR interesting, but there aren't many released addons of it. The ones that have been released are way too "shiny" for my liking, along with most weapons models imported from more mainstream games.

Here's some images you've probably already seen, but just in case:

Pic 1

Pic 2

And here's reference pages to the scope and bipod that's used on the Mk12 Mod 0 model:

Leupold Link

Versa-Pod Link

It looks great already, only suggestions I'd make to look as close to the real thing as possible would be:

1)To raise the sight rail a little, as in the pictures above.

2)To change the 30 round mag out for a 20 round. This is usually done in real life to aid in proper firing from the prone. In-game it just makes it look a bit more longrifle-ish (not a word biggrin_o.gif).

3)Lastly, to give it the correct barrel/muzzle brake for unsuppressed versions and change the suppressor to the Ops Inc. 12th Model suppressor, as in the pictures above.

You've probably already done all that, but just going off the picture given I thought it would help. smile_o.gif

Yay an SPR! Now I can make fun of people in mp for having the world's worst rifle .

Waiting very (un)patiently for the new EDF pack, if the backward compatability issues are still present I'll have to wait to update Invasion before I can submit it for general release.

Waiting very (un)patiently for the new EDF pack, if the backward compatability issues are still present I'll have to wait to update Invasion before I can submit it for general release.

I am trying to get rid of that. It seems that the new weapons pack somehow clashes with JAM3. It's probably fixable but if not I will let people know in time.

AfrographX is helping me out with some things by the way so that should definately speed things up.

Quote[/b] ]I noticed the Bushfires mod isn't on your list there, any word on that one? You're getting me worried here lol tounge2.gif

I didn't list it over here as it's a mod I am participating in. But don't worry we're still working on it.

Quote[/b] ]I would definitely be interested if you ever completed that SPR; it looks awesome!

I've always found the SPR interesting, but there aren't many released addons of it. The ones that have been released are way too "shiny" for my liking, along with most weapons models imported from more mainstream games.

Thanks. Credits go to Earl for letting me use his wonderfull M16 model. I totally agree with the last, imported weapons just don't look that good in OFP. One of the reasons why I started this project. The magazine is already changed by the way.

I am thinking of picking up this project again as soon as my exams are over by the end of the week.

I'm interested with lot of your projects but to be more specific the Mamba and the MK12 are like a sugar rush to me. yay.gif

I'm interested with lot of your projects but to be more specific the Mamba and the MK12 are like a sugar rush to me. yay.gif

I started a whole new Mamba and RG-31 model as I got a blueprint for the Mamba now and a lot of information and specs regarding this family of vehicles. With a bit of luck I will also add an Alvis Acorn which seems to be in use quite a bit all over the world.

I have been searching about the Alvis Alcorn and found nothing...sounds like an attempt from the days of the Ford Model T to me...bah oh well... if you can get any pic of the real life thingy?

nm i found the thing...i usualy call it the UK bradley... hope i'm not wrong again

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/striker.jpg

sorry but my browser isn't complying atm.

striker.jpg

now it's better

there is others too some are wheeled

I have been searching about the Alvis Alcorn and found nothing...sounds like an attempt from the days of the Ford Model T to me...bah oh well... if you can get any pic of the real life thingy?

Alvis Acorn

Sounding good mate, also looking forward to a L118, would be nice.

Quote[/b] ]i usualy call it the UK bradley

Blasphemy! Welcome to the CVR(T) series of some of our older APC kit. In this case its:

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/av/av_str.htm

Ofcourse theres the US Stryker, thats much newer US kit, which looks like:

http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/stryker/index.html

smile_o.gif