Sign in to follow this  
echo1

M468 Pack

you need to make an LOD less than 300 pollies, then for all the other LOD's you need to create a name property of:

LODNoShadow

then for all the other LOD's you need to create a name property of:

LODNoShadow

Oh dear God my O2 noobness is finally cathcing up with me sad_o.gif

How do you do that? smile_o.gif

in O2, goto window->named properties (or alt-p)

this will make a box at the bottom of O2 appear. Right click in it and select 'new'. Under name type lodnoshadow. under value type 1

repeat for every lod, except for the one with >300 pollies that you want to be your shadow.

One question for the weapons, is one of those meant to be an AG36 launcher? If so, then i think (although im not 100% sure how big an M468 is) it needs some resizing, and also its missing a few bits and bobs on the right side... if its not, then ignore me biggrin_o.gif

Thanks a million for the help notworthy.gif If you check out OFP.info, thats were the newest screenshots are at. I have resized both the M468, and the AGC (the one on the first page was waaaay too small)

Will all the weapons you show here be released in one pack? I mean the G36, the AK103 and of course the M468

The G36 and M468 will be in the samepack. The AKs will be seperate. Why? You'll see when they're released biggrin_o.gif

ch stunnin' is my word of the day after seeing these "tools" finally my wish has been fullfilled for 6.8 spc's any chance of a grendel for dessert ?

I just looked at some pics of the Grendel Rifles, and yeah, Id say it would be easy enough to make these from my M468s. One thing though (Somebody might be able to tell otherwise) all I saw were semi auto rifles, so all Id be making are sniper type weapons, but yeah, Id be interested in making these.

Any "numptie" can convert a weapon to fully auto if they have the know how and tools whistle.gif

Any "numptie" can convert a weapon to fully auto if they have the know how and tools whistle.gif

True, I'll look into it biggrin_o.gif

CH i'm not the sort that makes demands but would it be at all possible for the great CH to add a G36 with a B&T RIS 6.5mm grendel and a spectre dr with the same effect of scope change like from 1x - 4x i am only putting this foward as i really need a "custom" g36 for my mission which is on standby until either i or someone else come up with that weapon PM for an answer of yes or no

"All Heil The Magic CH_123" notworthy.gif"

Im running into some confusion with the G36. Can someone tell me a bit about the G36A2? I know it has rails on the handguard and above where the scopes used to be, but do the German Army (regular) use these, and if so what optic do they use on the rails? I had read that they use Zeiss Z-Point, but now Ive read that they use EoTech...Does anyone know about these things?

I think you will get all these informations in the BWMod Forum.

The language there is german but i´m sure you will get help there, even if you post in english.

the germans as far as i know use the '36ka1 as a backup sniper weapon to the g22 there is also a 3.0x scope with ris where the reflex used to be if you need images or info dont worry about asking me i have got loads... being as the '36 is my fav weapon of all time... over and out

Is This What You Ment Crazy Heron?

Also check out the Brugger Und Thomet webpage the got loads of '36 stuff ...

@helping_hand

This picture does not show the standard G36 of the german army...

Lets Clear This Up  icon_rolleyes.gif

Standard G36 Has No Rails But There Is Provision To Mount B&T Ones Which Can Be Seen At Their Official Website...

The G36C Is The only Variant That Comes With Rails As Standard As I Know Of (I Could Be Wrong)

All Of The Upper Rails Available Are Interchangeble Between Any Of The Models The 36C Uses A Slightly Smaller Buttstock...

The Two Main Manufacturers Of AfterMarket Parts For The 36 Family Are Knights Armco And Brugger Und Thomet GmBh

Links

Brugger Und Thomet GmBh

Knights Armco ©

Differance Between The 36 And 36V

G36 SYSTEM FEATURES:

Heckler Und Koch GmBh G36

Gas operated weapon with rotating bolt head

Magazine capacity: 30/100 cartridges

After the magazine is empty, the bolt stays open

Modes of fire selectable:

- Single fire

- 2 Round burst (Optional)

- Automatic

Cartridge case ejection to the right

Folding buttstock

Receiver, pistol grip, folding buttstock, magazine, handguard and carrying handle made of glass fibre-reinforced polymer

Optical sight (3 power magnification) and reflex sight with luminous dot integrated into carrying handle

Ambidextrous operation (Right/left-handed shooter)

G36V SYSTEM FEATURES:

Heckler Und Koch GmBh G36V "Links" Mit LLM

Gas operated weapon with rotating bolt head

Magazine capacity: 30 cartridges

After the magazine is empty, the bolt stays open

Modes of fire selectable:

- Single fire

- 2 Round burst (Optional)

- Automatic

Cartridge case ejection to the right

Folding buttstock

Receiver, pistol grip, folding buttstock, magazine, handguard and carrying handle made of glass fibre-reinforced polymer

Optical sight (3 power magnification) and reflex sight with luminous dot integrated into carrying handle

Emergency rear sight on carrying handle

Ambidextrous operation (Right/left handed shooter)

@ SWAT More Countries Than Germany Use The G36 In One Form Or Another... Spain, UK, Numerous SWAT teams Stateside...  wink_o.gif

Anything Else You Need To Know Don't Hesitate To Ask Thats Why I'm Here

Ok thanks for the help with that. I have been away for the past week or so, and havent been able to do any modelling,though I managed to try out m dual optics ideas and it failed - You can implement both optics, but the gun will only fire in full auto mode. On the other hand, I do have most of the G36s and M468s done, just need to touch up here and there, and then I will see what I can do about some 6.5mm rifles.

@helping Hand: The Norwegians have some version of the G36KV that has a different stock and uses a 16" barrel I think, know anything about that?

got any pics CH?

and i think i know what you mean but havent got a pic of it so...

G36KV Resource

*edit*

is this what your refering to crazy?

g36kvretract.jpg

Indeed. I think the KSK and other German Specops use the g36K with the usual sights and carrying handle replaced with a G36C style handle, similar to the KV not sure though.

the kv is the model that strange stock was something to do with XM8 tests and then it became a available part to consumers its up to you what you wannado but if u need me i have some prototypical loadouts laters CH

smile_o.gif

Wow...very intersting weapon.  I can't wait to see it in OFP.  However what I would prefer to see is this weapon included in a weapon pack used by Laser's SF units for example.  I would highly recommend working with an addon maker who makes US SF soldiers so that this weapon will be used easily by mission makers who may pass it up if it's a standalone weapon and they are too lazy (or don't know how) to script it into the mission or if they simply want to minimize the number of 3rd party addons needed for their mission.  

Also someone mentioned the M4 variant that fired Ak rounds.

That weapon is the Knight SR-47.

Info on it here:

http://www.quarterbore.com/kac/sr47.html

kac-sr47-01.jpg

It actually was made for OFP however sadly I can not find it any longer on the OFP.info website. AAAARG!!! It is very sad because it was an outstanding addon by Earl (of Baconworks and of Earl & Suchey fame). I still have the addon if anyone wants to host it by the way.

In real life it was made for SF forces in Afghanistan.  However, for some bizarre reason, they quit making them because they never got a full contract for production.  I would think that a 7.62x39mm (AK-47 round) M4 variant would be absolutely ideal for Iraq and Afghanistan especially in close quarters combat.  But apparently the US military lost interest for unknown reasons.  With a good muzzle brake, it shouldn't be that difficult to control if also given a forward vertical grip as found on most CQB variants of the M4.  Nothing makes a hole like a nice high velocity 7.62mm round.  The 7.62mmx39mm bullet has the advantages of both tumbling (like the standard 5.56mm rounds) and of making a big hole.  

Myself I own a Norinco SKS which fires that round...although I have mine loaded with hollow tips...surprisingly enough Russian military surplus rounds.   I thought that was against the Geneva Convention but apparently the Russians don't care.   lol.   I bet that you will find hollow tip 5.45mm rounds issued for their current AK-74 rifles.   smile_o.gif

In Iraq I wouldn't be surprised if some soldiers get ahold of 5.56mm hollow tips or some type of high-expansion round.  However, one problem is that some of these insurgents are using body armor in which case the standard steel core rounds are prefered.  

Fortunately they still got the good ol' M240.   Nothing stops like a 7.62x54 NATO round (besides a .50 cal BMG round).  I used to be a M60 gunner and OMFG that weapon and that round absolutely owned.  

Anyhoo....   I'll stop rambling...   I really hope to see this M468 weapon pack on some of Laser's SF.  If not, I'll still use it for some SF missions I'm working on and will probably just include all the addons I use with the mission.

Keep up the awesome work...oh and by the way, if you are interested in doing a mission for addon swap perhaps, my mod (the Lost Brothers Mod) urgently needs a TAVOR rifle addon for our IDF.  Its a very cool looking weapon if you are ever interested in making something a bit different.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, Im back home from my cousins, so I should be able to get this pack finalized over next few days.

@MIles Tag: I believe Sgt. Eversmann is making one of those. The reason they werent adopted in large numbers: because theyre making 7.62x39mm SCARs

BB And Evers Are Both Making a SR47 And SCAR so Be Happy ch follishly says somethin to let us go mad like jackal did whistle.gifwhistle.gif

It's 7.62x51 NATO. 7.62x54 (53?) is the Russian one. biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, thanks for the info. Hmmm... 7.62x39 with an JHP bullet? crazy_o.gif

Nice G36's, too. Got to hold the civilian version, SL8 (Yes, Jackal is making one afaik) few days ago, very light and comfortable. smile_o.gif

BTW, the Ak103 needs birdcage flashhider like on the Ak-74 smile_o.gif

It also looks like it has the gasblock of an AKM?