Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear

Marketing for Armed Assault

Im not trying to flame here, but people will take your posts more seriously if you take the time to type properly.

Exactly...some people think they have the best ideas...I think its best to leave it to PROFESSIONNALS.

Compared with my ONE typo, and his numerous and disgusting typos, I think one mistake can slide. His post on the otherhand was horribly written. Yes nice try, I get the irony but it isn't ironic because his writing is much worse than a single typo.

Nice try...

if you have a problem with me Ukraineboy

pm message me please

balls and drop come to mind

biggrin_o.gif

wat r crazy_o.gif u tkling bout, mad_o.gif i dun hve biggrin_o.gif prblem wit u at al smile_o.gifmad_o.gif

someone mentioned music ...

there are tons of great songs from mod missions and campaigns and sure lot of talented makers still around ...

if each send just 1 of theirs best song to BIS ...

then retail ArmAs box may contain additional CD or DVD of excelent music bonus ...

of course "some or all" of these sounds could be downloadable for / with MP test demo before release from BIS website ...

And all those songs would need to be licensed so they could be included in the retail release of ArmA.

Ukraineboy, 48 hour PR for spamming and flaming. Next time will be longer.

Same goes for everyone else.

As long as each of the forum members convinces another person to go out and buy this game then we've done our bit. <SNIP>

As soon as BIS anounced ArmAs was in development they had already sold 1 copy to me....

Same here.  I'll buy a copy no matter what (Actually I'll probably buy 2).

Due to the new Tech-Video:

THIS is what I call a good marketing.

Its the first time we get an impression of the performance of ArmA. Especialy the scene with the mass of soldiers running down the hill followed by tanks and Helicopters is realy amazing.

So, back to marketing... lets talk about ideas for Video scenarios, which can help to demonstrate the new performance of ArmA.

My first idea ist the following scene:

Think about the soldier in the Tech-Viedo, standing on the hill. You can see the text "Breathtaking View Distance". I think, that this scene and this valley is perfect to show a mass of soldiers, tanks and Helis, too. As I understood, the ability of big battles is one of the improvments of ArmA (and as I know, there is still no game which is able to do so), it might be usefull to concentrate on this improvements in videos.

Does anyone have some more ideas??

I think, supporting BIS in marketing doesn't mean, to tell everyone that it will be good game. Much more important are the ideas of the comunity and to tell BIS, what the most impressive material is.

Lanfear

Quote[/b] ]So, back to marketing... lets talk about ideas for Video scenarios, which can help to demonstrate the new performance of ArmA.

marketing?

very easy... release the demo to the community.

and you will have a bunch of videos in 1 day that can be used.

I am sure parvus would give it a shot straight away tounge2.gif

yes demo will help alot, will make things easyer, but Bis need to creat a nice demo or bad things might happen. Like creating bad idead about the game.

We all regulars know how the game will/might be, but the people that never heared about it need to have good impression.

We all regulars know how the game will/might be, but the people that never heared about it need to have good impression.

And thats probably why BIS dontrelease a demo, the game isnt finished (enough) yet wink_o.gif

MArketing is ussualy covered by the publisher, so that is not something BIS should care about. But its true, a good Demo can nowadays do more, than any kind of adds. I never heard for OFP prior to it's demo - after I've seen that Hind flying over my platoon when advancing towards the town, I preordered it right away.

Im not trying to flame here, but people will take your posts more seriously if you take the time to type properly.

Exactly...some people think they have the best ideas...I think its best to leave it to PROFESSIONNALS.

LMFAO im sorry rofl.gif

Let BIS do their job, and you continue to be a fan and tell othersesses about it whistle.gif

June 22, 2005

Open Letter to the Operation Flashpoint Community

the Operation Flashpoint trade mark name is an intellectual property of Codemasters and thus we cannot use the name or directly control what the name will be used for. It means that unless Codemasters were to publish any of our upcoming games (which is still a possible scenario) it definitely wouldn’t be named Operation Flashpoint.

this is 1 year old

did codemasters ever say for shure they would never publish for them again ? i did search

http://www.bistudio.com/flashnews/OpenLetter/openletter.html