Sign in to follow this  
firedude_edd

New to Operation Flashpoint

OK, not really new to Operation Flashpoint, but I uninstalled it quite a while ago and now I decided to return.

Before, I used the FFUR 1985 woodlands mod, which I thought was extremely well done, but it still ate up my pc(well, usually I get around 30-60 FPS, depending on the map. When explosions occur, I get an extreme fps drop) because of the models.

Also I encountered annoyances such as on the first mission the air suport was shot down in the first 5 minutes from infantry fire, so the BMPs completely slaughtered my squads.

Is it possible to just use the anims, models and AIfrom the FFUR pack? Or is there a good modification which just does that?

You can use the animations standalone, i think i remember the ffur mod is using one of my packs.

The different latest version of my packs are available in my signature.

FFUR takes other peoples work and compiles it into one pack. So if you liked certain aspects of the pack, you can of course get the original authors works seperately. Of course you don't get the FFUR GUI, ect...

Yes, but I do not know any of the authors! Is there a way to just take out the models from the pack by modifying it in any way?

The readme for the pack SHOULD credit all the original authors for thier addons, if it doesnt then Thunderbird should recieve a kick up the arse for not doing it, but thats another issue wink_o.gif

Anyway, check the readme.

And yes, you can take PBOs from the FFUR/Addons folder and put them in your res addons folder.

Quote[/b] ]Yes, but I do not know any of the authors! Is there a way to just take out the models from the pack by modifying it in any way?

FFUR 85 packs are outdated, get a look at the FFUR thread, there are various informations about the current status and about the incoming update as well.

Actually, we are totally focused on the FFUR 2006, which is so far the most featured FFUR pack.

You could also find more informations in the readme and on our website. www.ffur.net

(Including the list of credits)

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hmmm. I know the authors now but I do not know what they contributed to the FFUR pack. In FFUR 2006, can I take out the models in any form?

Edit: I meant take out the models, so I am left everything but the models, so I can play without slowdowns.

I run OperationFlashpoint fine with these specs:

1.5Ghz Pentium M

512 RAM

32mb Ati Radeon 7500

Excluding the US soldiers, Ironsights and some textures, you may get all of the models you want from the following website: ->OFP.Info

Btw, FFUR list of credits structure would hopefully be enhanced a bit within the next incoming days.:-)

Regards

TB84