Sign in to follow this  
AfrographX

RAF Chinook HC.2

AfrographX proudly presents a Royal Air Force Chinook CH-47 HC.2

I've decided to stop my Chinook project and release the current version of that chopper.

Credits:

Thanks to...

- OFRP for their fantastic downwash script!

- Footmunch for his flare script!

- BAS for their cargo scripts!

- UNN for his Autoload script!

- SFP for the Zodiac!

- The VCB and FLK guys for beta-testing!

The Aircraft:

The Royal Air Force is the second largest operator of the Boeing CH-47 Chinook of the 16 nations which use the type.

RAF Chinooks have been widely deployed; serving in the Falklands War, Operation Desert Storm, large peace-keeping commitments in the Balkans, the evacuation of Sierra Leone, Afghanistan and the 2003 Iraq War. The RAF's Chinook force also provides more routine support of the British Military, particularly in Northern Ireland. Two Chinooks are maintained as part of the Falklands Garrison.

Chinooks are used primarily for trooping and for load carrying (both internal and underslung) and can carry up to 54 troops or 10 tonnes of freight. The cabin is large enough to accommodate two Land Rovers, while the three underslung load hooks allow a huge flexibility in the type and number of loads that can be

carried.

Features:

Flexible cargo system

Possibility to adapt the cargo room to the mission's requirements. You can store:

- two vehicles

- one vehicle and 12-13 soldiers

- 25 soldiers

(only UKF's landrovers are supported, get them here.)

Zodiac Extraction/Insertion

The helicopter has the ability to float on the water and this way extract and insert special operation forces with zodiacs.

You may miss the ability to transport underslung loads. I had a completely new system in the works but hit too many ofp boundaries. That's why I've decided to include no such script at all.

ch47_01.jpg

ch47_02.jpg

ch47_03.jpg

Download link:

Ofp.info Mirror I

Ofp.info Mirror II

OFPC PL Mirror

ofp.4players

http://rapidshare.de/files/21511379/AFR_CH-47_1.00.rar.html

Been looking forward to this for a while Afro.

Looks the mutt's.

Afro you're the man! yay.gif This means the Dutch version will be for ArmA? Really love this one already! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Damn good looking CH-47 and the best I'v seen,superb work man! thumbs-up.gif I luffs it ^^

I noticed this great looking beast in your banner a while back and hoped it'd soon be released. Great work.

Great to see more British stuff! thumbs-up.gif

The zodiac script is works well. Is there anyway of having the zodiac already loaded at the beginning of a mission?

Awesome work, this will be staying in my addons folder for a long time. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Awesome work, but I couldn't get the cargo scripts to work with the 90 and 110 Landies, worked fine with the WMIKs but I just got unsupported vehicle with the other Landies.

Only the 90 and 100 landies with GPMG are supported.

*edit

Received reports of CTDs when transporting two vehicles with the Chinook.

Did someone experience simliar CTDs?

Retextured a bit it to make it looking 'US'...

sanstitre26fe.jpg

Actually for personnal use, still needs several enhancements anyways...

Hopefully, 'would include it to the FFUR 2006 (with AfrographX permission of course).

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

problem being that the shape of the nose is entirely different to the US choppers, amongst other things...

nice work afro - was a pleasure testing this baby, and good to see it released - also gets people using the WMIK's a bit more too - win win all round biggrin_o.gif

Actually only some of the newer F-type Chinooks have a different nose type. The normal D and C modells have the same nose-shape as the British Chinooks.

Is there a way to start off the a mission with the zodiac already loaded? huh.gif