Sign in to follow this  
AfrographX

RAF Chinook HC.2

Received reports of CTDs when transporting two vehicles with the Chinook.

Did someone experience simliar CTDs?

No CTD's here, however i did have what looked like the Chinook giving birth to a Landrover when 2 are in.

When you unload the first one (so the 2nd to go in), the Chinook bounces about, as does the Landrover, for about 10 seconds, then the Landrover 'pops' out and is dammaged, unmoveable.

However when you then take the 2nd LR out (the 1st one in), it comes out fine, you can drive it off and no problems with it. One thing though, when you load the second LR, the 1st LR loaded disappears, not that you can really see them anyway with the ramp up as no one will be in Back with 2 LR's loaded.

Also, we had some bugs in the Landrover and Chinook getting stuck when we tried to load LandRovers, like here, however going by the record of the guy who was driving i'm pretty sure it was Player-error, but just if it does pop up with other people also, they appeared to be frozen in position until rammed by another vehicle.

Note though, this was all in Multiplayer on a Remote server, and i'm not sure if the hoster had added the Game Logic or not. Also, only the pilot of the Chinook was seeing the rotor wash, other players were not.

Overall a very nice addon though. Looks fantastic inside and out, and the ability to transport vehicles is great.

Awaiting the NL one to move the Wolf's about biggrin_o.gif

Although the CH-47 (Cargo) is primarily supposed to be for multiplayer I could test the cargo scripts only once in multiplayer.

Please also note that all the editing of the scripts were done by an absolute script noob (me biggrin_o.gif ). So there may occur more weird bugs during further playing.

About the bugs you describted Hotshot, make sure that during loading and unloading the chinook moves as less as possible. Because when the heli moves too much the geo-lods of the transported vehicle and the chinook conflict and cause things like wild shaking, etc. Besides the moving it could also be that in multiplayer due to lag, desync the landie doesn't get placed correctly inside the heli.

A solution to that problem would be to let the vehicles get loaded and unloaded behind the chopper and not inside.

The disappearing landie when loading a second one is really weird. I've experienced something similiar in singleplayer before but thought I'd fixed that by changing the script.

Uhh i had 1 CTD, i was playing a AT4 Soldier and shot 1 missile at the Chinook.. flares popped, missile didnt changed direction so everything ok. But when the missile hit the heli my OFP crashed to Desktop. Does the Chinook have a damage model?

have you considered using BAS sling scripts?? if i recall correctly, they worked well in MP....Great Heli btw, many Txs

Yeah, maybe take a look at the BAS Chinook. The cockpit is superb by the way, one of (if not) the best I've seen in OFP. thumbs-up.gif

Hey lads

I just had a quick go in using the Chopper and the zodiac worked fine, billiant work. But when i loaded a WMIK (with game logic as per read me instructions) and tryed to fly off to a different part of the map i crashed to desktop!!!!

Might be a scipting error, a bug or my rubbish PC!!! LOL

Reado

The CTD which happens when loading two vehicles and than trying to enter the heli is a known problem. Must be something wrong with the scripts. I'm trying to sort it out.

/edit

I actually tried to use the underslung scripts from BAS's MH-47 but had some really weird bugs with it.

It was just with one!!! also i tried to get my men into the chopper but they kinda shot at it. Thats the first time i've seen them disagree with an addon!!!!!!!! nener.gif

Hi, i haven't tryed the CH-47 but it looks very good; may be a good addition to add it the Paradrop script that comes with the PSC Military buggys, for release one or both land rovers in the marked areas. So that will be utile to not only fighting squads; also some recon squads or sniper teams (lazy squads, ovbiously...) but will be nice to have something like that for use with the UKF troops and the BLB SAS Grunts. Let's C ya

Hi,

The chopper looks great and handles great in flight. I look very much forward toward the Dutch version in Armed Assault, but this British Chinook will keep me busy in the mean time.

===

Regarding Hotshot's error report, spot though it is on on my driving skills, it should be noted that the mission did not include the AFR gamelogic. However, when this gamelogic was added and the mission tested again this evening, similar phenomena were encountered. Landrover vehicles were loaded and remained visible in some cases and became invisible in others. Passengers on board the landies were teleported out to see and died. Vehicles were offloaded without problem on the airport where we practiced, but the Chinook once again gave birth to Landrovers when the chopper had flown around and landed in terrain. This resulted in vehicles being damaged and exploding.

Regards,

Sander

Great wokka mate. smile_o.gif

I experienced a CTD when I shot it down.  It occured right as the 'final' bullet hit.  However, when I've crashed I've had no problems.  Haven't tried to use the countermeasures against missles yet, I'll get back to you.

Bloody excellent mate, now all we need is proper loadmaster simulation, flight models and avionics. Then we will be all set to re-create some of the feats the real crews of these chollywopters have achieved.

ok...

this chinook is the best! smile_o.gif

it looks and flyes fabulous

just what i noticed:

cockpit! smile_o.gif yeah, realy nice gauges, but at least there could be working altmeter, speedmeter, climbmeter and i forgot what more...

yeah, you should remove that standart OFP's speedmeter and alt meter in the top left corner of the ingame screen, also direction and make the gauges working, just like MAS AH-64 and Kiowa smile_o.gif (it was so unusual, so that i had to learn to fly those right first, looking into gauges for speed and altitude meters)

when sitting in the gunner's place, i saw something unusual, gunners gauges on the dash should be fixed, because now i need to look from mirror to understand what's writen there smile_o.gif

as i remember to fix that you need to use "horizontal ... " on the texture in O2.

Night flight... those flight/landing lights are good, but where are side green/red lights, to mark helicopter's shape? maybe chinook doesn't have those in RL, i don't know exactly, but that would be strange smile_o.gif)

no CTDs experienced yet, because i only flew it, not tryed to destroy it or something more.

The BEST Chinook EVER made for OFP smile_o.gif (needs some tweeking)

As Afro said, he released this just as a small addon for OFP. The next updates will be in Armed Assault.

also when you load two landrovers in the back, there is an missing texture on where the soldier stand on went he is on the gun in the ring on top of the landrover, on the landrover closest to the cockpit.

but apart from that and the CTDs it an awesome addon for OFP biggrin_o.gif

Are there or are you going to add some sqn badges? and maybee even serial numbers?

If you are going to please make one of the former 18th sqn based at RAF Laarbruch... Im making that base! biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif There were also two sqns harriers stationed there, and well RKSL is making some fantastic ones!

These are great work! They fly nice, it could just be a little bit lighter not much, but you cannot pull away from LZ as fast and tilted as they do in real life. But that is just minor detail!

Great work! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Been messing about with it, and it's a truly exceptional piece of work. notworthy.gif

One thing though....well, two things. whistle.gif

a. Is it possible to script 2 UKF Landrovers to begin in the chinooks cargo hold?

b. If so, can you publish the commands.

I've tried messing around with unitname action ["Open Ramp",choppername]. No joy though...obviously. banghead.gif

Cheers

Good morning,

no it's not possible to start with two landrovers in the back.

Such things, AI-support, the fixing of the CTD-bug, a real loadmaster position, a new slingload system and some other additional features are planned for Version 2 (for Armed Assault).

To open the ramp you need to write the following:

choppername animate ["Ani_Ramp",1]

...to close:

choppername animate ["Ani_Ramp",0]

Insert those lines in the init of a waypoint, trigger, etc.

Have fun with the chopper smile_o.gif

Cheers man yay.gif

I'm in the middle of tweaking into an old mission I'm updating - looks the mutt's nuts.

Sorry to be a pain AfrographX...

...but I'm using your chopper in a cutscene, where it lands and unloads a UKF Landrover and some troops.

Anyway, I need some help with the correct commands to use in my script.

I need....

a. The command to stow rear seats.

b. The command to lock cargo down.

c. The command to release cargo.

Hope it ain't too much trouble