Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

BUZZARD @ July 10 2006,01:26)]and I don't know why, but if I would analise the referee's actions... can you spell the word "favoured"?  whistle.gif

IMO the ref was good. That ref is one of the few refs I feel have been good throughout the WC. He made 1 big mistake, which was not giving France the second penalty. Else than that he did a very good job. So honestly, I don't know where you've seen the ref favour any team... huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]Italy played more matches against tougher teams whilst France had too many "easy" games in this tournament, and I don't know why, but if I would analise the referee's actions... can you spell the word "favoured"?

Italy played vs Australia and Ukraine while France played vs: Brazil and Portugal.

The refree didn't give two penalties to the french because he didn't want to give more then one on the final game.

So shut up.

Edit: unless you are being sarcastic here...

Way to go Italy!!

Now the frenchies can go home... nener.gif

Btw for what I have heard Materazzi called Zidane a terrorist rofl.gif

That's what I like in Materazzi, besides being a great defender, a good header, he can also f*** up your mind all game long. He just provokes to the end tounge2.gif and as we could see Zidane simply couldn't handle it crazy_o.gif

So he snapped and hit him...too bad for a professional like Zidane being remembered by this action... icon_rolleyes.gif

notworthy.gifItalia! notworthy.gif

So shut up.

Completely unwarranted. 1WL for that.

I do agree with your point though, France had the hardest path to the final by far.

So shut up.

Completely unwarranted. 1WL for that.

I do agree with your point though, France had the hardest path to the final by far.

But did nothing to win those games appart form seeking penalties.

Quote[/b] ]But did nothing to win those games appart form seeking penalties.

Like Italia against Australia (and a dive of course)

But nevermind congratulation to Italia for the Defense (especially Buffon as usual)

We were'nt able to put a second goal so we didn't deserve victory

About Zidane, he doesn't deserve any excuses ! Even if you can imagine a little racist offense from a player from Lazio di Roma (Remember Di Canio, each time he putted a goal (just type Di canio in google pictures) or Roma Ultra supporters making monkey song each time Black players taked the Ball...)

And congratulation to the Mannschaft, for definitely proving that portugal did'nt deserve to be in Final.....

BUZZARD @ July 10 2006,01:26)]Way to go Italy!!! I'm glad that Italy won and not France - Italy played more matches against tougher teams whilst France had too many "easy" games in this tournament, and I don't know why, but if I would analise the referee's actions... can you spell the word "favoured"? whistle.gif

Mmmh.. tinted glasses

While France was beating Spain, Italy was beating.... Australia. Yup, you're right, Australia is way above Spain, obviously icon_rolleyes.gif

While France was beating Brazil, Italy was stopping... Ukraine... well, Chevchenko, basically (and gratz to him, must have been a tough tournament). Shall I compare Brazil and Ukraine? nener.gif

At least, when we were struggling against Portugal, you were facing Germany, finally one of the big contender for final.

I hope this "Italy played more matches against tougher teams whilst France had too many "easy" games in this tournament" was just irony.

At the end of the day, the most important thing is that I won the prediction league! nener.gif

Time to start the Euro thread?

Next match for it for us frenchies is... against Italy wink_o.gif

Thank God the brainless waving of nationalistic flags is drawing to a close... There was probably as little, if not less, fair-play on these forums, as in the WC...

Anyway, congratulations to Italy, and especially to Cannavaro and Buffon, arguably the best players of the competition.

Hats off to les Bleus too : they can be proud, they're leaving Germany undefeated.

How ironic it is that Zidane's unacceptable gesture was noticed, not by any of the three refs on the field, but by the fourth one on his TV... Could that be the sign of a move towards the much-needed reform in refereeing ? After all, the refereeing in this final was as flawless as it could get (regardless of the second penalty France deserved, but heh ! that's fate, that's life...), but still not as perfect as it ought to be...

I love this game, and I'd like to react to people that say that the show in this WC wasn't good, or that the final was boring, or that defensive teams kill football.

I'm afraid this approach to football reeks of consumerism. Go down that road, and for the sake of a good show, we'll wind up enlarging nets and scrapping offside rules as suggested here ; we've already gone too far down that road, as players are just plainly exhausted in spite of them being doped to their nails.

I recommend we be more responsible : yesterday's final was boring ? I thought it a tremendous battle of tired fighters under the most demanding pressure. And as in great battles, it's the weight of a blade of grass that tipped the balance on one side.

Defensive teams kill football ? Defensive playing makes the most of what football has to offer in terms of tactics ; besides, as Chris Death has argued before, it's about winning, not putting up a good show. I found it beautiful to see Italy defend and attack as one, especially in the semis against Germany.

All in all, football is one of the sports that raises the most passions. I really think we yield to the dark side of those passions too much, to the expense of what makes it - should make it - marvellous : tactics, agility, fluidity, suspense... and fair-play, from players and supporters alike.

About Zidane, he doesn't deserve any excuses ! Even if you can imagine a little racist offense from a player from Lazio di Roma (Remember Di Canio, each time he putted a goal (just type Di canio in google pictures) or Roma Ultra supporters making monkey song each time Black players taked the Ball...)

Please, don't insult my favourite player!!

Di Canio for what I have seen never ever showed any racist act against any player. A fascist != racist...

And he only showed his beliefs wink_o.gif Great man indeed.

PS: For those that don't know "!=" means "not equal"

r38377_96306.jpg

paulodicanio_wideweb__470x365,0.jpg

Congratulations : Nice beliefs, great player

But sorry for be out of the subject, as di canio was out of subject on the playground. Or maybe out of time ?

Yes nice beliefs smile_o.gif

He is free to express them as he wish, as Henry is able to wear Che Guevara shirts or Miccoli even have his face tatooed on his leg/right leg.

Now, doing the roman salute, symbol of the Fascio party doesn't make him a racist!

======

Thank God the brainless waving of nationalistic flags is drawing to a close... There was probably as little, if not less, fair-play on these forums, as in the WC...

Anyway, congratulations to Italy, and especially to Cannavaro and Buffon, arguably the best players of the competition.

Hats off to les Bleus too : they can be proud, they're leaving Germany undefeated.

How ironic it is that Zidane's unacceptable gesture was noticed, not by any of the three refs on the field, but by the fourth one on his TV... Could that be the sign of a move towards the much-needed reform in refereeing ? After all, the refereeing in this final was as flawless as it could get (regardless of the second penalty France deserved, but heh ! that's fate, that's life...), but still not as perfect as it ought to be...

I love this game, and I'd like to react to people that say that the show in this WC wasn't good, or that the final was boring, or that defensive teams kill football.

I'm afraid this approach to football reeks of consumerism. Go down that road, and for the sake of a good show, we'll wind up enlarging nets and scrapping offside rules as suggested here ; we've already gone too far down that road, as players are just plainly exhausted in spite of them being doped to their nails.

I recommend we be more responsible : yesterday's final was boring ? I thought it a tremendous battle of tired fighters under the most demanding pressure. And as in great battles, it's the weight of a blade of grass that tipped the balance on one side.

Defensive teams kill football ? Defensive playing makes the most of what football has to offer in terms of tactics ; besides, as Chris Death has argued before, it's about winning, not putting up a good show. I found it beautiful to see Italy defend and attack as one, especially in the semis against Germany.

All in all, football is one of the sports that raises the most passions. I really think we yield to the dark side of those passions too much, to the expense of what makes it - should make it - marvellous : tactics, agility, fluidity, suspense... and fair-play, from players and supporters alike.

Nice overview of the WC2006 mate, nice one wink_o.gif

I doubt henry wears the che guevera shirt due to any beliefs of communism and revolution... its more likely to be out of fashion... I've got a che guevera poster in my room, and I'm hardly a communist or a revolutionary

Yes... but if you are allowed to wear/have/use a symbol of an ideology (unfortunetly badly used nowadays).

I ask... why can't Di Canio show his?

But enough of off-topic icon_rolleyes.gif

hehehe, i wasnt disputing either footballers' right to do it, just pointing out that they do it for entirely different reasons

Yes nice beliefs smile_o.gif

He is free to express them as he wish, as Henry is able to wear Che Guevara shirts or Miccoli even have his face tatooed on his leg/right leg.

Now, doing the roman salute, symbol of the Fascio party doesn't make him a racist!

There's a slight difference between Che and the "roman salute". crazy_o.gif

Good to hear Zidane had a last honour.

Espectro you're not new here, so how can you not know you're breaking the rules hotlinking a 400kb gif?

Everyone stick on topic please, this thread is the world cup thread, discussions about Di Canio are not related here, continuing off topic will deem the world cup thread complete as with the tournament itself, else the thread can remain for a couple more days.

I'm sad that France lost this final, but the French penalty wasn't really deserved - the fault on Malouda wasn't that obvious - , so congratulation to Italy, France - Italy are always incredible matches with lot's of unexpected events ! Sad for Zidane, ending his great career on such an unbelievable "coup de tęte", he was the captain of our team, representing our country, he just cannot act like this  banghead.gif

I hope that it wasn't because he learnt that ArmA is delayed until 2010... rofl.gif