Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

What a horrible match. I wanted Italy to win, but not on penalties. France was the better team during the second half and the extension, although hardly impressive. Altogether incredibly booring - I was almost tempted to stop watching during the extension.

And Zidan.. what a disgraceful exit for him. Regardless of what Materazzi said to him, that kind of behaviour is unacceptable. And France paid for it - who knows how the match would have ended otherwise?

As for Italy, congratulations! smile_o.gif I think they really needed this win given how low their football self-esteem was because of the corruption scandal in the seria A.

France deserved to win through being the better team... Zidane... well, what can you say - one of the most respected and best players in the world... now this...

they say a reputation is built over years, and lost in seconds...

congratulations Italy - I'm sure every italian supporter will agree its a shame to win by penalties, but a win is a win smile_o.gif

Congrats to Italy, although I think Portugal-Germany would have been a much more attractive final. thumbs-up.gif

Next EC will will beat all these lame, boring playing teams tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Christ, don't wind up Zidane whatever you do!

Shame, it being his last game. Hope the French Press don't hand him out to dry, he's carried France through the entire competition.

Wth .... why did Zidane do that confused_o.gif .

This was also the most boring final probably. There never was any flow to the game , the italians were just happy to sit back while french attacking never had any real substance in their attacks.

Shame that the final went to penalties, its never nice to get beaten on pens, no matter what the match.

And really sad about Zidane, whatever Materazzi said to him must have really struck a nerve.

To bring a little humour to the situation, maybe he said something like "you're mother is a terrible cook" ? tounge2.gif

http://images.cainer.net//uploads/zidane.gif

Zidane probably reacted to a remark that was far beyond those things you should say to an opposing player.

Still he shouldnt have lost his temper on the field. Thats not the place to do that. he should have let it go. The italian probably said it deliberately to provoke him. During the whole WC italy and portugal have been the least impressive when it comes to fair play crazy_o.gif .

Congratulations Italy thumbs-up.gif

World Cup was ok, not as good as the Euro IMO (and not only cos of Greece tounge2.gif ), too much diving, not enough free-flow playing.

Zidane - oh dear confused_o.gifhuh.gif

Now what to do with all the spare time whistle.gif

spend his millions tounge2.gif

Regarding Zidane, the wikipedia article on him says the following:

Quote[/b] ]He received a red card for violent conduct after headbutting Marco Materazzi in the chest in the 110th minute, making him the fourth person to have been sent off in a World Cup final and the first in the extra time. This followed Materazzi pinching Zidane's chest, causing offence due to Materazzi's homosexuality, words were also exchanged.

The reference cited is from The Guardian

so he headbutted him in the chest because he's 1. Gay and 2. Came onto him?

seems a little far fetched... perhaps as zidane was walking away he said 'Grrr, thats a cute ass'

seems a little far fetched... perhaps as zidane was walking away he said 'Grrr, thats a cute ass'

rofl.gif

well, whatever it was... that's why france has lost the match...

Quote[/b] ]This followed Materazzi pinching Zidane's chest, causing offence due to Materazzi's homosexuality, words were also exchanged.

None of both wikipedia or guardians link are stating this, at least not anymore.

It seems some people were thinking they are funny to spread ridiculous rumours then fortunately got a sudden urge of ethic and edited.

You just can only love wikipedia flaws when it come to the people allowing to post and modify 'informations'.

ahahahaah........ and now they are exchangeing the soap in the shower room...... rofl.gif

Regarding Zidane, the wikipedia article on him says the following:
Quote[/b] ]He received a red card for violent conduct after headbutting Marco Materazzi in the chest in the 110th minute, making him the fourth person to have been sent off in a World Cup final and the first in the extra time. This followed Materazzi pinching Zidane's chest, causing offence due to Materazzi's homosexuality, words were also exchanged.

The reference cited is from The Guardian

That "nipple pinch" had nothing to do with the headbutt. Zidane walked away from that, it was whatever Materazzi said to him afterwards that caused the "incident"

The Guardian is a load of crap anyho tounge2.gif

spend his millions tounge2.gif

I meant my spare time tounge2.gif

spend your millions? lol...

deadmeat... yes, it did seem everything was fine till something that Materazzi uttered under his breath, that zidane caught wind of... doesnt excuse his reaction of course... but it takes two to tango, and Zidane certainly didnt decide to do it for the hell of it

Quote[/b] ]This followed Materazzi pinching Zidane's chest, causing offence due to Materazzi's homosexuality, words were also exchanged.

None of both wikipedia or guardians link are stating this, at least not anymore.

It seems some people were thinking they are funny to spread ridiculous rumours then fortunately got a sudden urge of ethic and edited.

You just can only love wikipedia flaws when it come to the people allowing to post and modify 'informations'.

Well, it gets corrected quickly though - that's the great thing about it. Anyway, the Guardian article still has it:

Quote[/b] ]

115 mins Replays show that Materazzi's crime was to, erm, tweak Zidane's nipple. I kid you not. Tyldesley, the Zidane lover, is now launching into the darker spots of Materazzi's CV, but he's a fool: Zidane is slap bang out of order, kinky nipple tweak or no nipple tweak.

We don't know what that guy said against Zidane but that was really unnecessary.

Anywaycongrats Italy! \o/

spend your millions? lol...

deadmeat... yes, it did seem everything was fine till something that Materazzi uttered under his breath, that zidane caught wind of... doesnt excuse his reaction of course... but it takes two to tango, and Zidane certainly didnt decide to do it for the hell of it

He's been in the game for long enough to know that you can't do this on the pitch.

Banter and insults fly all the time on the pitch, to quote Martin O'Neil "every...err....15 seconds or so".

Even Rooney has grown out of that age to not be doing silly things like that (you'd think), certainly no excuse for him to do it. Very stupid, and this will leave a dark spot on his career that he can not erase from his track record.

Every interview from now on will start with "what were you thinking when you did it..."

I meant the "homosexuality" cause of the "pinching" that was supposed to be in the guardian "article" (that's lots of "" in this sentence wink_o.gif ) that was in fact just made up by the wikipedia editor.

Good that at least this has been re-edited, as with all the weirdo around, i doubt Zidane need a possible accusation of homophobia on top of his own disapointement.

[edit to Messiah : don't worry, sometime i confuse even myself and don't understand what i write wink_o.gif

oh of course, I was never disputing that his reaction was stupid for someone of his experience on the field... I've played enough rugby (ok, not quite the same, granted) to know that players will always throw insults around the pitch, and its part of the game... shame, a real shame... what a way to end your football career...

[edit] Should point out my reply was for Ex Ronin, not Sanctuary... if you were getting confused tounge2.gif

To bring a little humour to the situation, maybe he said something like "you're mother is a terrible cook" ? tounge2.gif

....i think u are very close,it has something with his mother but im sure its no cooking.... nener.gif

Congrats Italy. Damn. What was that? Everything was on the best way to become a good end of Zidane's career. sad_o.gif

Way to go Italy!!! I'm glad that Italy won and not France - Italy played more matches against tougher teams whilst France had too many "easy" games in this tournament, and I don't know why, but if I would analise the referee's actions... can you spell the word "favoured"?  whistle.gif

As for Zidane, well, I guess it serves him right...  Such attitudes no matter which profanities are exchanged on the field only deserve one reaction from the referee:  band.gif