Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

I think we should issue the portugese scuba equipment if they want to carry on with the diving.

I'm hating Portugal more and more (not just the football team) with each passing day, the people are trying to make excuses for the diving. Ermm watch the video above posted by CsonkaPityu.

For that unwarranted flaming/flamebaiting you get WL+1 and 1 week post restriction.

Portugal football team and Portugal as a nation and its people are two different things, if you're incapable of differentiating you don't belong in a discussion with civil people.

I must agree that Miguel's fall can't be achieved as diving.

He was falling down - Paulette who tried to let him the ball back for a good chance couldn't see what has happened

and was heavily argueing for a fould. Well if he didn't see

what has happened, he shouldn't complain - but however.

Miguel fellt on his own - he took an injury but i can second

that he wasn't diving. If he would have told the referee that

it hasn't been a foul in case ref had given a freekick .. is another story - but that's just theory and not worth a

discussion, because it didn't happen.

Blackjack - don't take some comments personally, i think

the 'i hate Portugals' statement was rather symbolic meant

than really - i for myself did congrat you for bringing the

discussion back onto sports level instead complaining about

dives - stay with us here and enjoy the last two games,

whatever comes. smile_o.gif

~s~ CD

Personally at the time I assumed Miguel dived, clearly he was actually injured, so either there was some contact in there or he needs to learn how to throw himself to the ground and avoid injury, he should take lessons from Ronaldo.

I think it's more a bad movement during his run.

Some people can even break their leg by themself (we know it too well sad_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Blackjack - don't take some comments personally, i think

the 'i hate Portugals' statement was rather symbolic meant

than really - i for myself did congrat you for bringing the

discussion back onto sports level instead complaining about

dives - stay with us here and enjoy the last two games,

whatever comes. smile_o.gif

chris ma friend i dont get offended by some jerk atempt to offend my citizen. what i dont like to see here is a dam vendetta against portugal just cause we won england. because u have to agree that if we won any other team (majority here is england suporter) they wouldnt point the portuguese divings zilion of times. i'm so stupid/unfair/blind/unilateral vision that i admited other zilion of times, that ronaldo is a stupid skilled player. he tryed to fool the refered instead of trying to score. that's something i dont really want in my team.

i didnt noticed placebo coment on miguel "fault" before...my friend if u dared to say the he claimed a fault, ur not being logical and u know it. the poor guy was a true hero trough the wc matches, and what happen is basicly a fatigue injury. he runs like he's running from devil all the matches, we dribled 3 or 4 french guys, and his knee couldnt resist the bad landing. paulet wasnt looking to him by that time so he claimed foul. its normal i guess, and nobody should call him actor for that i think. the game proceed normally, without any consequence for that. btw miguel had a partial rupture of lateral ligament. i know how it hurts and upsetting it is (i had 2 ruptures of crossed ligament on both knees, while riding motocross).

so like u said very well, i'm here for the fun, not because i like flamewars. i was and will be here for giving my opinions on everyones matches (the ones i saw/see). attacking a nation or even someone is not my style. i'm interested in soccer, and i consider myself a big fan of ALL good teams. so lets proceed peacfully (if possible) on the healty critics, instead of 4th grade coments.

so my predict is...italy beats france, and germany beats portugal...what's yours? thumbs-up.gif

@ July 07 2006,19:16)]i didnt noticed placebo coment on miguel "fault" before...my friend if u dared to say the he claimed a fault, ur not being logical and u know it.

My comment is no more or less logical than your "he can't have dived he has an injury". Only Miguel himself truly knows whether he dived or not, the injury could be a result of contact from a tackle, the injury could have resulted from him diving and landing badly.

Michael Owen damaged his lateral cartilage as well as rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament against Sweden and no other player was near him, it doesn't take a foul/tackle for a serious injury to happen.

I really can't understand such bitching against my country!

We dive, ok we do. Won't say we don't. But we played well to get where we got. Did any of our dives give any penalty in our favour, like Italy did? No, it didn't.

And we aren't the only ones to dive, yeah Brits now try to pose as f*cking heroes because they "don't dive". And so are Dutch. However I only saw Kuyt diving in the match against Portugal, still dunno how we didn't injured his elbows. But no one gives a crap, because Portugal must be teared down.

This constant flame against my country is everywhere, every site, forum I go. Can I ask wtf is the problem of these people?

Are they just some kind of loosers that can't accept defeat and don't have nothing more to do, besides trashing other people's countries?

That's why this is the first answer I post about this discussion. This is just intolerable. I go to school/work everyday to honour my Nation, I go home, and I see it trashed everywhere...

Simply sad banghead.gif

PS: Cristiano Ronaldo just prooved he is an awesome player. Even with a whole stadium booing at him, he kept calm and professional.

Well, one big room for improvement would be the behaviour of the coach, bench and the players on the field, no matter how hard their efforts were this behaviour does not dignify any country and embarasses me somewhat sad_o.gif .

At this stage i think its better to throw it all behind and keep in mind why we all come to this forum wink_o.gif .

I forgot - was it BF2? huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well Blackjack - i also think Germany beats Portugal due

to their disapointment about not getting into the final and

the Germans will try to get what is possible to get still.

I hope for France beating Italy in an exciting final full of

pure football. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

We dive, ok we do. Won't say we don't. But we played well to get where we got. Did any of our dives give any penalty in our favour, like Italy did? No, it didn't.

And we aren't the only ones to dive, yeah Brits now try to pose as f*cking heroes because they "don't dive". And so are Dutch. However I only saw Kuyt diving in the match against Portugal, still dunno how we didn't injured his elbows. But no one gives a crap, because Portugal must be teared down.

This constant flame against my country is everywhere, every site, forum I go. Can I ask wtf is the problem of these people?

Are they just some kind of loosers that can't accept defeat and don't have nothing more to do, besides trashing other people's countries?

That's why this is the first answer I post about this discussion. This is just intolerable. I go to school/work everyday to honour my Nation, I go home, and I see it trashed everywhere...

Simply sad banghead.gif

PS: Cristiano Ronaldo just prooved he is an awesome player. Even with a whole stadium booing at him, he kept calm and professional.

I think so, too. People are just angry, that the Portugues simply played better and they searched for something, to make your victorys worth less. sad_o.gif

I hope for France beating Italy in an exciting final full of

pure football. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

Be aware man: if your hopes will become reality you will be no longer welcome in Italy, expecially at Caorle! And you will learn manymany bad words coming from the place where I live!!

biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Seriously: there's an exagerated optimistic expectation here in Italy..... I really wish this wouldn't turn into a bigger exagerated disappointment, otherwise evryone in Italy will ear laments, complaints and critics for months! crazy_o.gifhelp.gif

Klavan

..........me planning an escape from my country.

...Ermm watch the video above posted by CsonkaPityu.

Ronaldo went for a head on ball dive and missed, slight push, no card, fault or penalty, i agreed with the ref on that one.

Watch the video, Ronaldo went for the ball. knew he wasnt going to get it so he threw himself forward in an attempt to get a penalty - that is clear to see in the video replays.

Trying to defend his dives is as bad as people hating all of Portugal for the actions of the players.

Thankfully the ref for the Portugal - Italy match was on his game, and was not awarding Portugal freekicks/penalties for the dives.

He proved he has awesome character, keeping your cool under that sort of taunting has nothing to do with your ability to play. Although I will not deny that Ronaldo IS a great player, when he is playing, not when he is diving.

Yes mate, I mean when he plays.

Even though I am Portuguese I condemn such diving. That's why I want another manager to our team so there is some discipline! wink_o.gif

@ July 07 2006,03:27)]i know that u guys love to hate portugal.
Europeans hate the British its a known fact

Any more bids?  confused_o.gif

Sorry for me not understanding, but why for heaven's sake do people do this transfer thingy football <-> nation. Don't get it.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Just a game. *shrugs*

Or are these sure signs of rising banana republics? yay.gifrofl.gif

I don't understand neither.

That's why I said that huh.gif

Nobody (well except for one who has gone from the forums for a week) is making it about the nation rather than the team, it's the supporters of the team who are taking it as an attack on their nation when quite clearly it is not.

Well the best thing in all of this faking from Portugal.. they lost. smile_o.gif

I guess you misunderstood me...

I didn't say it was here. I posted here just because here no one took it that way as you said.

But in other forums/sites I saw people confusing team and nation.

But let's change topic before this starts into another misunderstanding smile_o.gif

My congrats to Podolsky that became the best youngster of the Championship. He really deserved it thumbs-up.gif

podolski_l.jpg

EDIT: Added pic biggrin_o.gif

My congrats to Podolsky that became the best youngster of the Championship. He really deserved it thumbs-up.gif

Yes.

On the other hand regarding the "most valuable player" contest I don't get it why they still nominate Ballack? Klose, that's ok, did a great job. So did Lahm. But Ballack? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well the best thing in all of this faking from Portugal.. they lost.

And that's pretty much the only thing of which is not fake of Portugal. rofl.gif

Right now I believe not many Dutch people will go to Portugal for holiday this year... as I am one example of us.  wink_o.gif

If I were French, I would go to Portugal this year... have a beer and lie down at the beach while I'm laughing at you people, because France won while your team cheated AND lost the match!  tounge2.gif

Yes Ronaldo was a good player, if he doesn't lie down. It's a shame Portugal did that, however hilarious to see and much more hilarious the referee doesn't whistle for the fake faults and ridiculous acting.  wink_o.gif  rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well the best thing in all of this faking from Portugal.. they lost.

And that's pretty much the only thing of which is not fake of Portugal. rofl.gif

Right now I believe not many Dutch people will go to Portugal for holiday this year... as I am one example of us.  wink_o.gif

If I were French, I would go to Portugal this year... have a beer and lie down at the beach while I'm laughing at you people, because France won while your team cheated AND lost the match!  tounge2.gif

Yes Ronaldo was a good player, if he doesn't lie down. It's a shame Portugal did that, however hilarious to see and much more hilarious the referee doesn't whistle for the fake faults and ridiculous acting.  wink_o.gif  rofl.gif

wow_o.gif Do you mean you did plan to go to Portugal in holidays

because of the nice ambiente and the climatics and the

pretty beaches, but now because of Portugals football team

making some few dives, you canceled this?

If so - then you're way too far from reality due to some

sports event.

If you count bad attitudes from sportsmen(or women) of

any kind of sport together there will not be very much

locations in the world left for you to spend your holidays. crazy_o.gif

And don't get me wrong - if you read previous posts of mine,

you'll see that i'm by far a Portugal supporter, but somewhere

has to be set a point - point.

~S~ CD