Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Maxi Rodriguez his Schweinsteiger and some guy kicked a german defender in a kung fu style...I wouldn't be suprised if a/some german player(s) started this thing...

And TBH I don't either understand why he put Cruz on instead of Messi. Messi have played quite good when he's gotten the chance, while Cruz isn't capable of playing really good all the time. Cruz could have played a really good game, or he could, like he did, play a ok game. Messi would have fitted the match better IMO, so much room to play in. Argentina have been quite a letdown after the 6-0 match.

Bah, I would rather have seen Argentina in the semi, but now we end up with German and Italy...don't really fancy any of them, but since I have to choose one of them to reach the final, I'd no doubt go for Germany.

And about the ref, it's just bullshit whining about him. He wasn't good compared to how refs usually is, but compared to the refs in this WC, he was quite good. Why do refs fuck up so bad almost every WC? Every WC the level of the refs seem to fall a lot confused_o.gif

I thought the refereeing was pretty solid. Compared to the farce the other games have been anyway.

extermely boring 1st half then got better luckly. tounge2.gif

btw not the italy match.

Italy had controlled a game thru the whole match, which has resoulted with a classical, routine win for them.

My congrats, Italy.

Ok so all my favourites have been knocked out now crazy_o.gif .

It might be deja vu all over again in terms of who plays in the final except this time Germany wins me thinks due to home advantage.

I thought the refereeing was pretty solid. Compared to the farce the other games have been anyway.

That's my point wink_o.gif The ref was good compared to the rest of the WC games, but compared to refereeing in general he wasn't that good...though he wasn't shite in general either...

Italy had controlled a game thru the whole match, which has resoulted with a classical, routine win for them.

My congrats, Italy.

Nope, the Ukraine was very close to 1-1 from the 45th till 59th minute... after that Italy controlled the match more or less (and the first half they really controlled it).

As I said before, Argentina isn't all that strong. Alot of good players don't make a good team. S&M didn't put any effort into the match after Argentina made their first goal, they just let them play, creating the impression that Argentina was playing so good that S&M never even had a chance.

Also, S&M was of course one of the worst countries to play in the 2006 WC. Leaves me wondering whether or not the split between Serbia and Montenegro had any negative influence on the bad performances... confused_o.gif

As I said before, Argentina isn't all that strong. Alot of good players don't make a good team. S&M didn't put any effort into the match after Argentina made their first goal, they just let them play, creating the impression that Argentina was playing so good that S&M never even had a chance.

Also, S&M was of course one of the worst countries to play in the 2006 WC. Leaves me wondering whether or not the split between Serbia and Montenegro had any negative influence on the bad performances... confused_o.gif

I think there was some problems between players, since some of the players was from montenegro. At least the goalie was.

30min from the big match...my predict is portugal wining by 2-0. figo/ronaldo/maniche/pauleta is the list of candidates. really hope that we have a clean game, without troubles for both teams. good luck to both sides and let the game begin!!

FORÇA PORTUGAL!!

Yeh, I wonder how long Rooneys foot is going to hold up for when facing the Portuguese tackles...

What a damn dive by Maniche! Hargreaves didn't even touch his head... dood referee!

Rooney's red card was very hard, because the ref gave it for hustling Ronaldo, not for the kick against Carvalho (the ref was about to only give a free kick, then he saw Rooney hustling Ronaldo and after that he pulled the red card).

......and we are going to penalty kicks...

good thing England is weak at penalty kicks....

yessss,go portugal! pistols.gif

Seems like England wasn't getting paid for the penalty shootout, just as bad as Holland's shootout's, and that's saying alot.

The only thing worse than the English penalties were the attempts (if you can even call them that) of Robinson to stop anything from going in.

Rooney is a moron. While the red card was perhaps a bit harsh, he should know better than to mouth off at the ref.

Although I wasn't particularly impressed with either side, all things considered, England played more entertaining football.

WE WONNNNNNN!!!!!!!! good game england, and thanks for teasing us during the week!! gave us that extra motivation!

now for serious...rooney deserved that red card. maniche should be shamed for simulating agresion. deco is for sure our key player, and the main thing...RICARDO is the BEST!!

FORÇA PORTUGAL!!!

..that crying über-model Beckham and stupid Rooney are guilty for losing match and bad playing... and of course famouse penalty kicks by England now and in history... nener.gif

well we lost, not an entertaining world cup overall so far.its now time for me to jump on the Brasil bandwagon smile_o.gif.

match analisys , rooney needs to cool his temper, chtistiano ronaldo needs to stop prompting refs to send people off and well done the 10 men who fought hard.i hope portugal dont play against the next team as they have with holland and england,if only for the sake of the tournament.

and we need to walk off the pitch after extra time and accept ,we wont win at penalties ).

..and England is going home,its about time!

Congratulations Portugal! thumbs-up.gif

for what?

Such a lousy play. They had everything in their hands to end it earlier and they somehow couldn't.

England wasn't the team to win either but they didn't play crying baby all the time.

And Figo, he just couldn't resist to fall down at every opportunity he had.

The red card undeserved for Rooney but he was to go for his play anyway. Isn't the same referee who sent Beckham off last time. huh.gif

Ronaldo was the only decent player for Portugal. He created the game same as Lennon.

It is a shame still that such weak teams like Portugal, France and Italy went through.