Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

very true, although one man doesnt win and entire football match - i hope the ukraine get futher, its fun to see a team that doesnt normally do so well get this far.

Well, Ukraine vs Swiss was indeed missing something - ah yeah the goals.

I saw it lil bit that way, that for both was clear the oponent

is a beatable team but so are they themselves - and one of

those two had to come into the next round for sure.

It looked a little bit like: just not get kicked outt'a the cup.

But to be honest it wasn't a boring game it's just been missing

the goals but one of the better 0:0.

btw - to me the foul in minute 93 wasn't one in italy vs aussie

An italian falls over an australian who was just laying in front

of him - happens usually in the sandbox on playground or

in so called "Kindergarten", when the 3 to 5 year old kids fall

over themselves smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

I disagree, several matches were great, I would say almost all of them were very good, maybe some of them sounded a bit boring, but you have to know that these players are human and they are affected by the heat, especially when they play at 5:00 PM.

So now the heat becomes a problem? Those guys play for living! I'm sure they're more than used to playing in "a bit warmer" climate.

Maybe you can run around for 90 minutes, lose 5kg of your body weight in moisture during that time (all under direct sunlight) and still give a supreme performance? wink_o.gif

well not a supreme performance but they could at least try to make it look like football. that's something I expect from professionals.

Prediction league update smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Pos Name Winner Po

1 Rastavovich

Czech Republic Winner: Croatia

See full predictions 60 X

2 JdB

Holland Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 59 X

3 KevBaz

England Winner: England

See full predictions 58

4 Paul

Birmingham England Winner: Korea

See full predictions 57 X

4 Garcia

TromsÅ™ Winner: Czech Rep.

See full predictions 57 X

6 Klavan

Italy Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 56 X

6 da12thMonkey

Shropshire, England Winner: Brazil

6 Nataska

Czech Republic Winner: Brazil

9 Korneel

The Netherlands Winner: Holland

See full predictions 53 X

9 ScouseJedi

Liverpool, UK Winner: Germany

See full predictions 53 X

11 Eivind

Lillestrřm Winner: Czech Rep. 52 X

12 Placebo

Czech Republic Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 51 X

12 ChrisUKF

Oxford,UK Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 51 X

14 Stainer

England Winner: England

See full predictions 50 X

15 Albert Schweitzer

Germany Winner: Holland

See full predictions 49 X

15 Billybob(America #1)

United States of America Winner: USA

15 DnA

BIS HQ Winner: Holland

15 Thunderbird84

France Winner: France

15 EddyBoy

England Winner: England 49 X

20 Dave

Ireland Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 48 X

21 Avinash Hode

Pune Winner: Germany

See full predictions 47 X

21 Master Sietse

Zwollywood Winner: Holland

See full predictions 47 X

23 raedor

Germany Winner: Holland

See full predictions 46 X

23 seagull

sweden Winner: Holland

See full predictions 46 X

25 Postduifje

Netherlands Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 44 X

25 kavoven

Germany Winner: Germany

See full predictions 44 X

27 Morgan

Sweden Winner: Brazil

See full predictions 38 X

27 PainDealer

Finland Winner: Argentina

See full predictions 38 X

i hope the ukraine get futher, its fun to see a team that doesnt normally do so well get this far.

I heard each player is getting around 1 million euro's if they win the tournament icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can't wait for Ukraine vs. Italy game, i hope Ukraine is not going to loose this one  yay.gif

Well, I can 'see' two possible scenarios for this match; or it will be the most boring nad ugly match of the tournament, or Italy will make a grinded meat out of the ukrainians. tounge2.gif We'll see, said the blind.

Quote[/b] ]Shevchenko knows how to take apart Italian defences, should be very interesting indeed

Shevchenko could-should take apart Swiss defence, which is btw much more softier and 'naive' than the italian's one - it's known they have one of the hardest defences of all, but ,,, he couldn't. Why? He don't receiving any useful passes, which could be turned into a goal assists; he's literally cutted off infront, and on top of it he's alone 'up there' (against Swiss they played in 4-5-1 formation).

Quote[/b] ]Well, Ukraine vs Swiss was indeed missing something - ah yeah the goals.

True, but it's not all in the goals. That's how americans looking on this (and all other) game; if there's no at least fifty such or another scores, the game is just not interesting for them. The bauty of football is also and most of all elsewhere, in the other aspects of the game but yes, the goals are those which decide, who is the winner (not necessarily the better team).

I feel kinda sorry for the Swiss team, knocked out in the second round after 4 matches in which no single goals were scored against them. It wasn't really spectacular either, so I hope they improve further and are able to show something at the next big tournament in their home country

Damn, 2-0 after terrible play by Brazil and joyful and brave play by Ghana. That last goal was pretty offside btw. Go Ghana!

What a shame. Twice offside, not counting the positionnal one that is not an offside anymore (which is stupid, btw)

What a shame. Twice offside, not counting the positionnal one that is not an offside anymore (which is stupid, btw)

I was just about to raise a big fuzz about that crazy_o.gif but hey brazil can do what they want just cos they're brazil.

Ghana don't deserve to be 2-0 down, I'd be cheering for them but I'm not allowed (Brazilian fiancée) notworthy.gif

Can't wait for Ukraine vs. Italy game, i hope Ukraine is not going to loose this one  yay.gif

Shevchenko knows how to take apart Italian defences, should be very interesting indeed thumbs-up.gif

One man doesn't make difference, they need to take Italian defence as a team .

Well, they wouldn't be 2-0 down if they had put their occasion inside the net, which they didn't. Why aiming Dida each time? He's been incredibly lucky on the last save, the ball simply came to his foot crazy_o.gif

But indeed, many things seems valid probably because "hey, it's Brazil". "Kaka wouldn't come down to fall without being touched, nananah, not possible! The Ghana guys thus deserves a yellow!"

These last matches were... disappointing. Teams which played good football got kicked out. Referee errors increased dramatically.

Wasted time...

well, with all these teams going thru I really don't like...

This adds another one to my list. Let's hope Spain will show something tonight, or else only Argentina and to lesser extend Germany have my sympathy. Damn it, I want to see great football!

It was not that bad a match, moving, going forward, with occasions. Just.... these little ref errors than kind of ruin it (well, a goal given when it should not is not a "little ref error" tounge2.gif ). Not too sure Gyan tried to simulate falling, or simply fall down, but anyway...

Enjoyable but frustrating at the same time. Better than yesterday, though, you have to admit wink_o.gif

EDIT : And come on! Go France! tounge2.gif

Ghana don't deserve to be 2-0 down, I'd be cheering for them but I'm not allowed (Brazilian fiancée) notworthy.gif

now that's a serious problem wow_o.gif a woman telling you how to watch football rofl.gif

What a shity match! Total bullshit! The Ghanians are to blame themselves for being beated so easily; now how STUPID (stupid, stupid, stupid ! ) was from ghanians (or better saying from their coach Dujkovic) to play offside traps from the first second!

It beggins to really annoying me how those 'favourite' teams (Brasil, Italy, England ... ) are smuggling themselves thru the competition. I hope Spain will not be the next dissapointment; I hope they'll beat France, and then give a 'sound trashing' to this puffed up Brasil.

now that's a serious problem wow_o.gif a woman telling you how to watch football rofl.gif

Well she cheers for England whenever they're playing so it's not so bad, a Brazil v England semi could make for an interesting house though wink_o.gif

What a shity match! Total bullshit! The Ghanians are to blame themselves for being beated so easily; now how STUPID (stupid, stupid, stupid ! ) was from ghanians (or better saying from their coach Dujkovic) to play offside traps from the first second!

It beggins to really annoying me how those 'favourite' teams (Brasil, Italy, England ... ) are smuggling themselves thru the competition. I hope Spain will not be the next dissapointment; I hope they'll beat France, and then give a 'sound trashing' to this puffed up Brasil.

hey it was a good match, too bad the officials didn't see it! biggrin_o.gif the traps actually worked but there was no whistle.

seeing Spain on fire really raises high hopes cos they've never succeeded. they always find a way to be unlucky. I'd really like to see them finishing second after Argentina biggrin_o.gif

Wuhey... I won my bet against my French teacher yay.gif

But Brasil didn't deserved the win, Ghana played much better... All the last games were very disappointing... I'll put my hopes in Argentina-Germany, which will definatly a great game, especially, because we will win and thereby will have beaten the strongest team in the tournament tounge2.gifnener.gif

And I'm going to be on the "Berliner Fanmeile" during the game biggrin_o.gif

Edit

GO SPAIN !! firefoxlover.gif

hey it was a good match, too bad the officials didn't see it! biggrin_o.gif

Sorry mate, it was a vommit of a match. I'll not elaborate further, I just don't have a will for it, but who have the eyes saw it all. *I know you mean it as a joke*

Quote[/b] ]the traps actually worked but there was no whistle

The first goal was regular, number 15 (or 14, I'm not sure) from Ghana was way back on the right side. You just don't play offside traps if not necessarry (your team hounting an equiliser or play intensive pressing or something similar), because your team(defensive line) must be higly coordinated to perform this 'maneouver' accordingly, and such coordination you meet in clubs, where players know and 'feel' each other, not in national teams.

They played a high line offside trap and it failed badly twice, 2nd goal quite possibly was offside.

They played a high line offside trap and it failed badly twice, 2nd goal quite possibly was offside.

Yes, they've tried to dense the space for Brasil on such way. A wrong approach IMO, and it failed badly more than twice. And yes, 2nd (and IMO the 3rd also) goal was from offside.