Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

What an absolute disgrace. I am not a bad loser but I don't want to loose in this way. As for the Dutch playing unfair, we just adapted to the situation.

The referee didn't had the match under control anymore. And while we were getting so many cards we could have at least kicked Figo in the balls for one card. Seriously if I was I player and would have played against Portugal....

I hope England will humiliate the Portugese team...

Quote[/b] ]you are blaming the ref for the ruined match?

Yes just like they did with most matches. Most referee's of this tournament are just a fuckin' disgrace.

Anyway at least I got drunk yay.gif

What an absolute disgrace. I am not a bad loser but I don't want to loose in this way. As for the Dutch playing unfair, we just adapted to the situation.

The referee didn't had the match under control anymore. And while we were getting so many cards we could have at least kicked Figo in the balls for one card. Seriously if I was I player and would have played against Portugal....

I hope England will humiliate the Portugese team...

Quote[/b] ]you are blaming the ref for the ruined match?

Yes just like they did with most matches. Most referee's of this tournament are just a fuckin' disgrace.

Anyway at least I got drunk yay.gif

It is very simple. The ref is not supposed to be paedagogical. These FIFA rules are in place since many years and the players know that refs are allowed to be kean and strict. And once they are, the players should be able to change their level of agressivity. But as it seems these two teams werent. This was kindergarden and the ref had to deal with a bunch of ill-mannered children. Sorry to say this but it is not his job to teach them that, he is there to punish. Of course after so many cards even a strong ref might loose confidence in his own doings. So he looked a bit confused once in a while and did not punish all fouls. But those he punished were absolutely correct by the rules.

And yes, you are right. Most of the loosing teams always blame the refs. But not all! And I think, for the sake of those teams that proceed, it is unfair to discredit the entire worldcup. In the end there will be 31 teams that lost and 1 that won. If all those 31 just whine and poison the athmosphere then this could ruin a lot. For the sake of the competition, dont be bad loosers. I promise I wont be either!

The refereeing in this world cup is still deeply flawed by inconsistency, supposedly they had big seminars prior to the world cup to agree on what action to take with regard which offence and still they cannot get it right, even for the most basic and clear-cut of offences (as I posted about previously).

Waving an imaginary yellow card to say that an opponent should be booked = a yellow card for the person doing it. How many times has this been completely ignored by a referee?

Even Beckham (I'm deeply shamed to say) did it against Ecuador yesterday and didn't get booked for it.

ivanov.jpg

Ryan Stiles in "Whose Yellow Card is it Anyway" - New improv comedy series on NBC.

should play rugby - referee's word is law - you argue, you get sent off - simple as. Now i remember why i enjoyed playing it so much more than football biggrin_o.gif

well i'm kinda of surprised that we gathered such a united group of "enemys", coming from nations that we (coincidence maybe) beated in the last 6 years. portugal didnt lose against holand since 91 or earlyer, england since euro2000 i guess. i gota disagree about figo coments, since he was the best player in field at least in 2 of 3 matches of group stages.he's playing superb this wc thank god... about ronaldo crying? yes he's a kid and i dont die for love with him. funny that everyone usualy likes portugal style until we start to threat "big" teams reputations...that's very ugly i gota say. i reall try not to be factious in sports. sames goes to my team (boavista) when i discuss soccer with my friends that usually win everything (porto,benfica,sporting). so my comment on yesterday's match mantains. i think all the crap started for the anti fair play showed by holand team when we kick the ball out for player to be assisted (actually was meira no holland player to be assisted, like i said). and u gota be kiding me if u think the most fair result would be a holand win. if u say a draw i could agree with u. can only remember 1 goal chance( shot on the bar by coco). the other chances were normal goal chances wasted by AMATEURS.

so i can understand all the rage sparking over here,from holand to england. that's typical from recent LOSERS.

having that said, i wish best luck to england and portugal. hope portugal wins, (if we lose i'm happy to), and that figo scores at least 1 goal on them. and i hope that we wear the black/dark shirt/shorts equipment, so that the referee can easily identify the divers team! biggrin_o.gif

u should be shame for such bad sportism.enough say!cya saturday

@ June 26 2006,15:05)]so i can understand all the rage sparking over here,from holand to england. that's typical from recent LOSERS.

We weren't the losers. Portugal was the only loser in this night, they won in an absolute pathetic way. Nobody would want to win like this.

Quote[/b] ]u should be shame for such bad sportism.enough say!cya saturday

Ohh please icon_rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I hope England will humiliate the Portugese team. Go England thumbs-up.gif

Figo, how much of an asshat can a man become?

The most undeserved loss in ages, Dutch side was better. One Portuguese lucky chance, a million Dutch chances. Offcourse if you don't score you don't win. There was a lot of bad luck involved. The ref was a total idiot. Some of the Portuguese players deserved a direct red card while some of the yellows were BS. The second yellow for Boulahrouz and Deco were exaggerated. No more than a foul or warning.

The diving, stalling and overall theatre of the Portuguese was nonetheless embarrasing. How can they be proud of a such a display of hatred towards the game.

putting aside ref and fairplay issues, globally, Holland was building their play better but were worst in the goal zone, so they had many more "opportunities", even if not too dangerous ones, while Portugal was better in the final moves and strikes, making them dangerous each of the few times they could come near the goal.

Portugal seemed to show a more united front, and some of their players seemed more involved and willing to play than Netherlands one (see Portugal right back, Miguel, what a match! ). Van Persie was trying, but was angry at his teammates each time he didn't have the ball, etc... That's probably what gave them the match, more than ref, tbh.

Holland played better. Portugal was smarter and more experienced.

Portugal won , I was mad. The referee was pathetic.

With a little bit of luck Holland would've won though , if that ball in the 1st minute would've went in , or the ball from Cocu on the crossbar..

But well , it's over , now I can really enjoy the WC2006, it's easier when your own team is out wink_o.gif

Well, for any further discussing of the next matches we all should understand this; the footballers have only one brain cell working (as they say in my country; they have all in the legs), and when they step on the field even that brain cell takes a holiday. And the refs are of course not much better regarding this.

Now, let's see what this day have to offer ...

I can't understand all these frustrated Holland fans. The referee was in my opinion very good, because he had to deal with a real chaos. Both teams where behaving stupid. You do not knock somebody in his face with an ellbow and you don't hit him with your head.. Both teams did these stupid fouls, so why are you complaining?

Portugal was smarter than Holland and used their chance... Take it as it is huh.gif

You do not knock somebody in his face with an ellbow...

I hope you are not referring to the incident with Boulahrouz and Figo, if so you have been fooled by a first class actor. I really have no problem losing because the team is outclassed by a better opponent, but last nights match leaves a strange feeling of anger and disappointment at the behavior of our own team, but moreover the behavior of the Portuguese and the ref. I agree with Albert that blaming the ref is not a good way of trying to solve your disappointment, but I can't help wondering what might have happened if he didn't stick his head up Figo's ass right at the moment the match was on a turning point.

Well... that's what I call an anti-climax. Italy goes on, totally undeserved because of a dubious penalty far in extra time. confused_o.gif

With a totally undeserved red card that had left us in 10 men. Obviuosly the ref was drunk.

Anyway:

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Klavan

PS

My god! I forgot for a moment that I don't support Italy! tounge2.gif

WTF was that penelty for?

What the fuck was the ref watchin. Fuckin ref have been terrible in WC

Aghh

Italy - Australia... DISGUSTING band.gif! Every player in that match deserves a slow and painful death. I can't believe neither of the teams actually showed any interest towards winning the match and it's the World Cup ffs! There's no way I could describe my anger any further but it was 90 minutes of wasted life for me.

Unbelievable. The decision to give a penalty is a big fucking disgrace.

Would´ve loved to see Aussies advance, now we need someone else to smash italy sad_o.gif

@PainDealer: Havent seen it from the beginning but if they played from the start like they did in the 70th minute i´ll guess they were just exhausted. Todays weather is´nt hot but the humidity really get´s you, every move is too much..

Seriously, I agree with those who say that both the teams played an horrible match, but after all the whole quality of this Championship is below the lowest expected level.

I'm surprised the aussies didn't force their attacks against Italy when in numerical superiority, they didn't do so much to win the match....... huh.gif

For the rest, another time Italy pass this turn with luck, but don't fear, they will get what they really deserves in a time not so far from here.

Klavan

BESCHISS!

band.gif

Only 10 secs left and then: penalty! Because someone stumbled over his own feet.

Ich glaub' es hakt!

"My game ist fair play"? Stick it to where the sun never shines! mad_o.gif

Some "f***s" less wouldn't be that bad... icon_rolleyes.gif

But yes, that penalty wasn't deserved, also the Aussies had deserved to go on... but who wants to see further 40 minutes of that match?! confused_o.gif