Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Who was that? De Gassi? That was just a poor sportsmanship. mad_o.gif

de Rossi wink_o.gif That wasn't exactly fair, yes. The foul by Mastroeni wasn't either.

I'm actually starting to hope the Americans will win. As bad as Italy is playing they don't deserve to win.

I'm guessing we won't be seeing a repeat of the Italy-US 1948 game (9-0)  wink_o.gif

Ralph, it was De Rossi. It was a bit dramatic with the blood, but using the elbow that way isn't all that uncommon. It was very stupid though, with the ref being 10m away.

Edit: Another red card  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif. Tough luck for the US.. it will be very difficult now.

Pope is out. Red card. Guess he should learn the lesson that you can only push too far. whistle.gif

9 and 10 men team...ouch.!

Who was that? De Gassi? That was just a poor sportsmanship. mad_o.gif

de Rossi wink_o.gif That wasn't exactly fair, yes. The foul by Mastroeni wasn't either.

yup. but the guys at ABC news think it was a make up call. whatever.

Well, this certainly was the most bizarre game so far.

Congrats to the US who played very well relative their own league. Italy on the other hand played very bad and if they keep this up, they won't be staying in Germany for long.

Should be named "Battle of Kaiserslautern" was just odd. Makes the group far more interesting now, come on Ghana.

Full marks to the USA for hanging in there even a man down, i only really saw the second half, which got pretty tense as i was cheering for the USA. The Italians were weak. What the hell happened in the first half? huh.gif [goes off to read about it]

Refrees in that game were pretty bad, calling alteast 3 offsides that weren't offside for the Italians, missed one 11 m shot for the US, countless little errors, that refree shouldn't be in the world cup.

And when that own goal happened i wanted to puke. This day so far was horrible for me... Ghana won 2-0 bleh and now this.

Great match, wasn't expecting such a game from US, they even scored a second goal (Beasley) that has been cancelled.

And Ghana did a great job as well, 'looking forward the match between USA & Ghana.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

USA just need some consistency, they were poor against Czech Reupublic but showed their real character in the opening 20 minutes against Italy, before the havoc started. In my eyes the only justified sending off was that of De Rossi and Pope which would have left 10 on 10, a much fairer contest.

Have to say I was very impressed by the USA.

Refrees in that game were pretty bad, calling alteast 3 offsides that weren't offside for the Italians, missed one 11 m shot for the US, countless little errors, that refree shouldn't be in the world cup.

And when that own goal happened i wanted to puke. This day so far was horrible for me... Ghana won 2-0 bleh and now this.

What?! That referee had a very good match, he (and his team) was correct in the most important and the most decisions.

The Italians were too defensive in the 2nd half, nobody knows why, they played 3/4 against 1/2 in defense and 6/5 against 8/7 in the US half...

weeee...3 points for me...had actually predicted a 1-1 draw yay.gif

Ghana and Czech wins next round and finishes on top of table biggrin_o.gif

What?! That referee had a very good match, he (and his team) was correct in the most important and the most decisions.

The Italians were too defensive in the 2nd half, nobody knows why, they played 3/4 against 1/2 in defense and 6/5 against 8/7 in the US half...

Are you sure you saw the same match?

The refeering was abysmal , he got the red cards against the US all wrong. Then the linesman were crap calling offisdes when they werent and not calling when they truly were ... wtf is that??? I expect better officiating in a tournament of such calibure but so far i've been totally disappointed. with all the gadegtry around you'd think the refeeres are better informed but nooo icon_rolleyes.gif .

1st red car was correct, 2 footed studs first into the ankle. Naturally if I was american i'd be saying the opposite. What i'm curious is why when Drogba brushes a blade of grass he collapses in complete agony yet when someone else gets an elbow to the face they just get on with it(sort of). Fascinating game football :P

1st red car was correct, 2 footed studs first into the ankle. Naturally if I was american i'd be saying the opposite. What i'm curious is why when Drogba brushes a blade of grass he collapses in complete agony yet when someone else gets an elbow to the face they just get on with it(sort of). Fascinating game football :P

Drogba is a sissy and whining little ..... wink_o.gif .

Are you sure you saw the same match?

Yes, definitely... smile_o.gif

The refeering was abysmal , he got the red cards against the US all wrong.
The first one was a red card, that's the normal way of punishment. I don't know if you ever played football, but if I'd get fouled this way, I don't know if the guy who fouled me would live one day longer... pistols.gif Such fouls can end great careers.

The second red card wasn't a full red card, it was yellow-red (or how do you call yellow + yellow card in English?). I can't remember his first red card, so I can't say if that one was wrong, but the second yellow card was okay, it was a "tactical" foul (again: what's the correct expression for it?) and usually you get a yellow card for that.

Maybe not all offsides were some (I can't say that, as I had some stuff to do while watching, so I didn't see everything), but the most were and also the "critical" ones (like the US goal).

wink_o.gif

/edit: Just checked through the net: All German pages I checked said that all red cards were okay. ard.de & zdf.de (both are broadcasting the WC), kicker.de (serious German football newspaper), sport1.de (a German sports broadcast station), sportbild.de (a less serious German newspaper) ... to be continued

/edit2: ard.de regarding the red cards:

Quote[/b] ]Der beste Mann in diesem Spiel war eindeutig der Schiedsrichter: Alle Entscheidungen des Uruguayers waren korrekt.
"The best man in this match clearly was the referee: all decisions of the Uruguayan were correct."

Yeah, the 1st and 2nd red cards were just ridiciolous attempts at removing people from the game, using your elbows to hit the opponent is always an instant red card (when the ref notices it of course). The 2nd red card (first for the USA) was a shameless attempt at crippeling someone.

Two stretched legs is also an instant red card, especially when the foul is made from the side or rear of the target. The 3rd red card was a bordercase of a yellow card and instant red (orange card I suppose tounge2.gif ).

A tackle from behind that was more aimed at the legs then at the ball. Since Pope already had a yellow card he would have been sent off even if that action had just cost him a yellow card.

The 3rd red card was a bordercase of a yellow card and instant red (orange card I suppose tounge2.gif ).

A tackle from behind that was more aimed at the legs then at the ball. Since Pope already had a yellow card he would have been sent off even if that action had just cost him a yellow card.

Actually he got a yellow card, wasn't it? Is it not yet on youtube.com? biggrin_o.gif

today the Portuguese team had an important step on the wc. i couldnt see the 2nd half because i had to go for a weding party, but from what i just saw on the news we did a superb goal from Deco "the magician", and a no doubts penalty kick converted by Cristiano Ronaldo (Figo had some free and uncensored beating today...shame on that stupid referee team, i hope the iranian guy gets banned.a kick like that in the face can cause severe injurie)

so 40 years later after the great Eusébio portuguese team, we did survived the group stage of a worldcup. i sincerely hope this team can get the final (like euro2004) against brazil.

about the other matches...i was chocked with cz!! italy didnt surprised me that much doh...

cz is my "favourite" team (except my PORTUGAL off course) on the wc. karel poborsky was a great player that i had the chance to see playing live by the time he played by benfica(u still remember that supergoal against portugal in the euro96? ). he was the best on that time. nedved is just magnificent (how was he today?),check is the best goalkeeper alive (coached by the special one smile_o.gif ), milan barros its not my style...but i know he's good. i prefer the 2.00m and 100kg buldozer u checzs have(injured now for badluck).

cya next week by the time we beat mexicans (i'm 99%sure we'll wipe their asses), and good luck for everyone from any nation!

really hope the next stage of the wc qualifies only the really good nations, and not the lucky ones.

My thoughts about Italy-USA.

All the red cards were right, the second red card is a consequence of a murdering attempt by the USA player: he targeted Pirlo's legs with the intention to give him a lot of pain (I wouldn't mind if he wasn't a player of Milan AC biggrin_o.gif) .

The second USA goal was irregular, there was an USA player in front of the goalkeeper, in offside position and attempted to deviate the ball, the rules about such cases are clear: it's an active offside case.

There were dozen of errors by the referees, they stops our attacks with non existant offsides.

All in all an horrible match with too much violence and tension that ruined the game. Looking forward to Italy vs Czech.

Klavan

Personally i think the USA needs to be shoved down the list of Top international teams. All they did was play a few really bad teams, won them all, and got a 4th ranking.

But yesterday's game was pretty poor in terms of referee mistakes.

The sendings off were spot on, both sides were an absolute disgrace to the tournament with thier conduct, and they deserved every card they got.