Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Oh well, 2-0 for Argentina, even w/o Lionel Messi. But Ivory Coast is playing a damn good match! That must be the trikot's colour! biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

Yeah, Ivory Coast plays well - fine technique combined with

speed while Argentinia plays by using their heads.

They take their time to wait but when it's required they're

there by 100% - like seen two times in first half.

However - i'd really like to see the attractive playing Ivorians getting something back from their effort so that 2nd half doesn't end up in boring Argentinian counter football.

btw - Brazil is in no way favourite to me, as they usually

don't win a WC in Europe - only once 1958 in Sweden, but

that's a long time ago and even my poor Austria had a 3rd

place close to these days. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

I'm enjoying this match not so much, as I did the last one, simply because none of both teams are really interesting me. But Ivory Coast has got really nice trikots smile_o.gif

Anyway, both are playing nice. I preditcted a 3:0 for Argentinia, looks good so far tounge2.gif

Naturally I want Argentina to lose(very heavily if possible) but they've played well. However go Ivory Coast as I do like their kit, even if i'm not Drogba's biggest fan.

*edit 2-1!* Kmon The Ivory

Wow. 1st half was the kind of football I want to see this WC! That was entertaining. Argentina was a bit lucky (or IC was unlucky), they shot their goals when IC was stronger.

2nd half was more Argentinian Catenaccio... but the Ivory Coast did a really good job, at the beginning of the 2nd half they were quite down, but they came back!

I must congratulate the Argentinians on their acting skills, they really have been putting the hours in...

It's a shame that footballers have to be lowered to such a level as to fake injury to give them an advantage.

I must congratulate the Argentinians on their acting skills, they really have been putting the hours in...

It's a shame that footballers have to be lowered to such a level as to fake injury to give them an advantage.

That's what they learn in our European leagues... all "professionals" do that, especially strikers: Inzaghi, Ronaldo, ... crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

Ballack is a very "nice" example for that matter, too. banghead.gif

That's what they learn in our European leagues... all "professionals" do that, especially strikers: Inzaghi, Ronaldo, ... crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

yeh, but not on the british isles.

Yeah the argentinians were milking the slightest of touches for all their worth and more crazy_o.gif .

Really hate to see this kind of behaviour. With all the Fair Play crap Fifa throws around you'd expect them to play 'a bit' fair icon_rolleyes.gif .

I say Fifa should fine the players who do this after the match HEAVILY , that should curb this malpractise.

The swedes did this during there match heavily in my opinion. Especially in the situation, where the T&T player received the yellow red card (which was deserved).

But you could see in the slow motion that the Swede even jumped and wasn't really hit.

I noticed this behaviour during the whole match and wasn't that amused. mad_o.gif

The swedes did this during there match heavily in my opinion. Especially in the situation, where the T&T player received the yellow red card (which was deserved).

But you could see in the slow motion that the Swede even jumped and wasn't really hit.

I noticed this behaviour during the whole match and wasn't that amused. mad_o.gif

I'm not too sure about that. But even if he jumped, that foul was a red card IMHO (I remember 2002's WC, Henry got red for a similar but less rude foul), if he jumped, he did it to save his bones (well but if he jumped, he was acting after that, that's correct); he was fouled by the same guy in the same way in the first half btw.

@remcen: Yep... confused_o.gif

if he jumped, he did it to save his bones (well but if he jumped, he was acting after that, that's correct); he was fouled by the same guy in the same way in the first half btw.

That's what I ment wink_o.gif

you got 2 types of acting in football.

1: Acting injured and such so the ref may think it was worse than it really was, so there's a better chance the player that fouled gets a card.

2: Your team is happy with the score and wants to keep it that way, and therefor they act like they've broken their leg each time they're fouled, often needing treatment so they use extra much time.

About every team does the first one at all times. Sweden did, Paraguay did, T&T did...and about every team does the second one too, like T&T did. When Gray went down, he had to be caried off the pitch, just to get back up again. Also, I've seen at least twice today where players have been fouled, but their team keeps the ball and gets a good chance. The player then first rolls around screaming until he sees that his teammate got a chance, then stops rolling and gets up, then when his teammate wastes the chance, he throws himself back on the ground rolling and screaming again. Damn it looks just silly when they do that...

Damn it looks just silly when they do that...

Yep, funniest thing is when a player is slightly touched in the face by some player from the opposite team and then goes down like hit from a baseball bat... it happens quite often in our Bundesliga. crazy_o.gif (It also happens that a player is touched in the face, but not slightly, then it is not very funny...)

Well, ya know - they ain't got 3rd person view on the field -

that's the difference.  wink_o.gif

I'm already interested into Serbia and Netherlands tomorow.

They got a 0:6 last time, but i don't believe it'll happen

again - well i must not believe since my girl is from Serbia

and she wouldn't forgive me that biggrin_o.gif

:edit -

Quote[/b] ]Yep, funniest thing is when a player is slightly touched in the face by some player from the opposite team and then goes down like hit from a baseball bat... it happens quite often in our Bundesliga.  (It also happens that a player is touched in the face, but not slightly, then it is not very funny...)

wow wow wow - it even happens to coaches  crazy_o.gif

I'm sure you know what i mean raedor - hehe - can't remember his name but it happened in your Bundesliga - what

a lough and what a shame though.

::edit - wait - here i found him on metacafe video for those

who didn't see it: knocked out coach

~S~ CD

That is extremely funny when you compare sports,

in rugby the player can take an impressive amount of hits, and sometime real wounds, and they continue to advance without complaining even if the referee has not noticed.

While in football a simple breath on a shoulder lead into a guy rolling on the ground and crying as much as he can ...

If only there was a rule that gave red card automatically to any of those comedians...

Guest Ti0n3r

0____0 Damn Swedes pistols.gif

:edit -
Quote[/b] ]Yep, funniest thing is when a player is slightly touched in the face by some player from the opposite team and then goes down like hit from a baseball bat... it happens quite often in our Bundesliga. (It also happens that a player is touched in the face, but not slightly, then it is not very funny...)

wow wow wow - it even happens to coaches crazy_o.gif

I'm sure you know what i mean raedor - hehe - can't remember his name but it happened in your Bundesliga - what

a lough and what a shame though.

::edit - wait - here i found him on metacafe video for those

who didn't see it: knocked out coach

~S~ CD

Yep, thanks, that's one of the scenes I had in mind when writing my post.

@Sanctuary: That's not so easy to do, as if the referee thinks the player is acting and gives him a red card, but the player is really injured... that'd be quite hard, don't you think? confused_o.gif

@Sanctuary: That's not so easy to do, as if the referee thinks the player is acting and gives him a red card, but the player is really injured... that'd be quite hard, don't you think? confused_o.gif

What i meant is the after match, as it is very easy to spot those comedians when watching again the video of the instant that would then be reported.

If a player is acting in such way he should get an automatic red card if such rule existed and should not be allowed to play the next (or even more if possible) whatever is a local, country, world match.

Fair, square and would be effective to have the football honest and fair like it should be without those cheating clowns.

Still not so easy Sanctu.

Imagine if that were the rule, he'd later just complain that he got injured by himself without any influence - and in case of pain or not pain there's only one person who can proove it for real.  wink_o.gif

:edit - just a typooh

::edit - ah yeah and i forgot - raedor - that one and the one

where two players come close together with their heads

and one sec later both ROFD'ing (rolling over the floor and

dying) rofl.gif

~S~ CD

In that case along the red card , he should immediately be shot, this way he could not complain or invent some funny story after receiving the red card.

Maybe a bit severe, but at least the comedian would never cheat again or produce more drama play in the newspaper wink_o.gif

More seriously, that's unfortunately a problem that will never have a solution, the football authorities with their 'no' to video help for referees (while it works very perfectly in rugby) just has proven that whatever they can spam the media with "fair play" in football they are doing nothing to promote it and get rid of the cheaters.

Well, but it was rather funny in the case of that player of Trinidad & Tobago yesterday. Because everybody knew he wasn't injured and then they had to carry him from the field..., while he was nearly sitting straight on the strechter (right word?)^^

My whole family was laughing... rofl.gifrofl.gif

I'm already interested into Serbia and Netherlands tomorow.

They got a 0:6 last time, but i don't believe it'll happen

again

6-1 actually wink_o.gif

Typically this match will end in an uber-boring 1-0 for NL, most matches over the last 2 years were like that. Anyone wanting to support NL because they play such good football might not want too, because if it weren't for all the alcohol, I would have fallen asleep during most of the qualifing matches.

The quality of the team has gone way, way down since that 6-1 against the Former Republic of Yugoslavia in 2000. Players are now chosen because they're the best team, and don't argue with the coach. All players that did that, and could have added something extra have been eliminated.

Also I hope van Nistelrooij doesn't score any goals during the tournament, that'll teach Van Basten not to leave someone at home that has scored 52 goals in 56 matches biggrin_o.gif

"Van the Man" is the most overrated striker in the world. Has anyone ever seen something else from him then a tap-in from short range or a longrange shot? I sure haven't whistle.gif

Edit: Either 1-0 or they lose, which is fine as well smile_o.gif

Holland will win probably. Tis a shame Huntelaar wasn't selected, but to be honest, van Nistelrooij has experience on his side. Not to mention he’s more physical, a quality definitely needed.

We normally play very offensive, I hope we’ll be able to uphold that tradition for the coming weeks.

Arch.

The quality of the team has gone way, way down since that 6-1 against the Former Republic of Yugoslavia in 2000.

I remember this 6:1, I even can remember the goal shot by Marc Overmars (wasn't it the 6:1?)...

Who shot 52 goals in 56 matches?