Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Goals scored against Germany were a bit embarassing though.

Yeah, but the second one was no goal. Those arbitrators where really bad in some situations, especially just before the second goal...

Okay, IMHO he was offside, too, but I don't think that the arbitrators are "guilty", as he was 1cm offside; you can't see that w/o TV and if he would have been 10cm back he would have scored anyway.

The German defense is just ***t, the arbitrators did a quite good job.

but the opening celebration banghead.gif --> band.gif --> goodnight.gif

I thought the sight of grown men and boys, humping giant cow-bells was marvellous. rofl.gif

Those bells were sooo wrong......

Besides, Wanchope was onside in the first half and got called out as offside, although he didn't score from it. So i guess that makes it even. You can hardly say that the officials did a bad job, i thought they did very well, personally. And you definately can't start accusing them of being "guilty".

Luckily i missed the opening ceremony (out of choice)  rofl.gif

Btw, whats prejudiced about this?  confused_o.gif

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2218646,00.html

The traditional bell humping should be outlawed as a matter of urgency tounge2.gif. Congratulations to Germany, for a minute i actually thought Costa Rica might pull something amazing off after they scored their second goal but Germany had done enough (despite flawed defending).

Im sort of hoping for an England vs Germany final (devoid of hooliganism), it would certainly be tense and interesting 40 years after Englands last victory at home in the finals against Germany.

The traditional bell humping should be outlawed as a matter of urgency tounge2.gif

Yes, you're really, really right biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

I thought Ecuador's defense played rather well there, certainly better than Germany's did earlier.

The Ecuador v Germany game might be quite tight if Ecuador tidy up their play a little.

The Ecuador v Germany game might be quite tight if Ecuador tidy up their play a little.

I doubt that. Did you see the last 10, 15 minutes of Ecuador? They weren't able to run anymore... And do you know when Germany strikes most times? Exactly. wink_o.gif

I doubt that. Did you see the last 10, 15 minutes of Ecuador? They weren't able to run anymore... And do you know when Germany strikes most times? Exactly. wink_o.gif

Yes we dutch remember that annoying habbit of yours :P

Yes we dutch remember that annoying habbit of yours :P

tounge2.gif:p:p

Good point raedor...

In every match we should have lost, we scored during the last minutes smile_o.gif

Well now to cheer on the national side this afternoon. I think it's going to be cool pint in one hand and remote control in the other, some time soon .   biggrin_o.gif

banghead.gif

What an embarrassing show we (Poles) gave...

Wensday match will be a monstrous defeat...

I got drunk though... yay.gif

Damn... got so much to do this weekend... Have to use the breaks in between ^^

My favorite game will be Trinidad & Tobago against Sweden biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giffirefoxlover.gif

damn I missed yesterday's matches... and today I'll only see the first match! gotta work the night again banghead.gif

banghead.gif

yea. I lost 50$ because of u tounge2.gif

banghead.gif

yea. I lost 50$ because of u tounge2.gif

embarassing?

Damn guys you must have been blind not to see this coming.

I mean this isn't even a team not to mention a good one. They'll be coming home in no time. You can bet on this. When the Germans come, there will be another Blitzkrieg.

Being a patriot and a Polish I hope this will be the case. I hope they will get a serious ass kicking. They should hit the bottom so hard that next time, they get ready to play football not a kindergarten football-like game.

English, German fans separated by helmeted police

Quote[/b] ]FRANKFURT (Reuters) -- Thousands of England fans took over a central Frankfurt square on Friday and helmeted police moved in to keep them away from German supporters as the two sides began to taunt each other.

Though boisterous, the mood had been good-natured as fans played football in the sunshine. But the atmosphere changed when hundreds of German fans arrived after watching their team beat Costa Rica 4-2 in a match shown on a giant screen floating on the nearby River Main.

England fans chanted "10 German bombers" and other songs referring to World War Two while German supporters waved their national flags.

This is quite disturbing. I thought this time they were selling tickets by profiling hooligans beforehand or something akin to that. I really dont understand why people feel the need to taunt others especially when your being hosted by that nation. Its stupid not to mention rude and it becomes stereotypical and racial when you bring in things NOT related to football like WW2. People who engage in such behaviour should be deported asap. Its a game , why dont people treat it as such.

English, German fans separated by helmeted police
Quote[/b] ]FRANKFURT (Reuters) -- Thousands of England fans took over a central Frankfurt square on Friday and helmeted police moved in to keep them away from German supporters as the two sides began to taunt each other.

Though boisterous, the mood had been good-natured as fans played football in the sunshine. But the atmosphere changed when hundreds of German fans arrived after watching their team beat Costa Rica 4-2 in a match shown on a giant screen floating on the nearby River Main.

England fans chanted "10 German bombers" and other songs referring to World War Two while German supporters waved their national flags.

This is quite disturbing. I thought this time they were selling tickets by profiling hooligans beforehand or something akin to that.

What's disturbing about it?

It wasn't a stand-off between the fans and was unlikely to cause any trouble. The police were just making sure nothing happened, not reacting to what was happening.

The rest of the article is about how good the atmosphere over there is. I heard that in all there were about 30 arrests between English and German fans that resulted in fines last night. Dare say that has more to do with alcohol than sim[ply football hooliganism.

LoL, did you guys see the Eng-Par match?

First of all, what a lousy ref... Man I was disapointed. But with those line-refs... what could you expect?

Too bad for the loss Par.. You surely deserved the win. England was in very bad shape, especially the second half.

Now we only need to see sweden win so I can get my money from ladbrokes biggrin_o.gif

Ref was appaling but we got the 3 points. Not the best match in the world. What on earth was Sven doing bringing off owen and bringing on Hargreaves? At least swap striker for striker not striker for something terrible. 1st half england hammered them, 2nd half was all para, draw should have happened but im not complaining. How useless was gerrard again, he never performs for England.

England had a good first half, just a shame about the second half. However, it did appear that the Paraguay team were playing with 12 men (11 officially + the ref), with a long long string of bad decisions, all in favour of Paraguay.

It was like "freekick for paraguay....freekick for paraguay....booking for england for F* all....England player being fouled ignored....freekick for paraguay" confused_o.gif

Still, we got the 3 points and thats what matters for now. We'll need to raise our game against Sweden for sure, and raise it by alot if we're to progress far in this championship.

LoL, did you guys see the Eng-Par match?

First of all, what a lousy ref... Man I was disapointed. But with those line-refs... what could you expect?

Too bad for the loss Par.. You surely deserved the win. England was in very bad shape, especially the second half.

Now we only need to see sweden win so I can get my money from ladbrokes biggrin_o.gif

YEp, Referees were a digrace. English team was told to play defensevely, by Eriksson I guess cause they started well.

Not a bad start 1-0 against paraguay and a bent ref , gotta be happy with that.As for the defensive play ,English teams always drop back in the last 1/4 of therematches ,its inbred and incredibly hard to watch sad_o.gif.

P.S the only thing stupid about the post previous that mentions the taunting, is the post itself. smile_o.gif

Trouble was, IMO, first half England were content to move the ball around and build up play. Although they seemed to lack the killer instinct to do anything with it, England were able to keep possession and keep the pressure on.

Second half, England just tried to force play, and it just ended up with lots of sloppy errors and loss of the ball. Every time England got the ball, some knobber would try and run with it or make a pass that would loose the ball, instead of being content to hold it and build it up slowly.