Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Coop Campaign

ArmA original campaign will have the ability to be played by two people over network or internet. Do you think we will be able to create our own campaigns that feature more players? Now that would rock!

What do people think, and what posibilities are there in cooperative campaign. Have it been seen before? (Didn't Halo have some kind of splitscreen on the xbox?

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. In this game you can play the campaign Co-op as you said.

Hidden and Dangerous. In that intros, briefings and equipping characters were integrated fully into campaign engine and you couldn't skip missions - it was exactly the same as single player campaign. H&D2 had also coop option but it was arranged in same fashion as in Raven Shield and you had to select individual missions which could be played in order one desired - so that's not really what I mean by a real campaign.

Great adventure games which had good 'campaign' playable in coop include at least System Shock 2 and Baldur's Gate series.

Hopefully ArmA has campaign which is similiar to single player experience except with more players - and more than just two. I'm really excited about prospects creating playable coop campaigns.

H&D2 was a huge let down and the beginning of the massive slippery slope of mediocre games to hit the shelves these days. All the good missions were removed (the expansion pack missions were crap) and various other features.

I agree! I just can't put my finger on what was wrong with H&D2! It should have been a really good game but I gave it up on about the third mission!

Anyway back ontopic, I'm really excited about the ability to play ArmA's campaign coop with two people. Too many good games overlook this aspect (Far Cry, HL2 etc) and the original OFP would have rocked big for me if that campaign was coopable also. Hey! I've just invented a new word -coopable! rollwink.gif

Since I'm lucky enough to have a wife who enjoys shooting games as much as me (and if I dare to admit it is in fact much better than me!wink_o.gif, we will be able to enjoy ArmA together as we have GR, RS, R6 etc. And since OFP was my favorite all time game in terms of playability I think ArmA will kick GR and all the others into oblivion!

Coopability - thats what we need! Hey! Is that another new word?  huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif   cheers.gif

I always liked coop campaigns a lot.

Didn´t have Quake one, or was it some Doom variant ?

OFP original CWC campaign was hard to rework for cooperative

and I think there is no conversion out that really transforms the SP to MP campaign. Just to much player-bound things in it.

If ArAs comes with a coop campaign I am happy.

Maybe it´s just that the slots you can switch to ingame are filled up with human players.

On a downside I think cutscenes and the storyboard will not be as tight as with OFP as it wouldn´t make much sense to spin the drama around one guy again if you have more than one guy playing the campaign. It´s no real MP campaign though, that´s still a thing we have to do on our own.

Hopefully there will be some kind of "save" option for MP missions that are huge and vast and long or something.

With their character switching feature, I think it would be very little work to re-create the ArmA campaign in co-op with just those selectable positions. With a little more work even more positions could be opened (depending on how the mission is set up).

As for stuff that doesn't ship with the game, the mission editor is so powerful that the imagination of the creator is usually the limit when creating new content. You could create an extremely grand co-op campaign of your own and just have to worry about the machine specs of the server.

*All of the above are assumptions based off the way OFP works*

All this talk about co-op is getting me all hot under the collar...

The co-op in GRAW is really cool so if this can be better, then I will buy it too.

I love coop games as do all my friends. I understand the benefits of human vs human, but I do not have enough friends to do that biggrin_o.gif  and I hate the majority of attitudes of online players in a public setting (i.e. GameSpy etc..).

Over at SOW we tried getting a decent way to coop a campaign in MP like you could campaign in SP. DAC was a great tool and Tacrod's COIN engine was a great start to more dynamic missions.... and these were all finished not that long ago....

With Armed Assault, we are really hoping for more and we'll probably see all this great stuff much sooner.

Quote[/b] ]Hopefully there will be some kind of "save" option for MP missions that are huge and vast and long or something

The SOW guys and myself are hoping to get something that does allow saving in MP built in. It would free us up incredibly if we didn't have to build our own system again. Even if it isn't the game state like in OFP SP... as long as they provide an actual means of exporting data quickly.

Rest assured if BIS doesn't provide it... we WILL build it smile_o.gif

This coop campaign will be great, i allready have a friend that will play with me (we played OFP too), so now we are just waiting for game to be released... wink_o.gif

make us 2.

so can we believe new campaigns can be played with more then 2 players? smile_o.gif

H&D2 was reminiscent of Rogue Spear in gameplay. I thought it was a fine game and I had a lot of fun with it.

The Mafia engine it used chugged, though.

I loved H+D2 personally, it's one of my all time favourites. The expansion was ok too; especially the co-op element. I played this with friends at my house like we do every Friday and this is a great way to do so, if you can.

Currently we are playing through GRAW and loving that, but we were always waiting for Arma, and now it might only have TWO slots and there are six of us!!! I guess we're gonna have to wait for Illusion's 'Enemy in Sight' for some real...co-operization!

chris

coop main campaign and custom ones get my vote ...

I loved H+D2 personally, it's one of my all time favourites. The expansion was ok too; especially the co-op element. I played this with friends at my house like we do every Friday and this is a great way to do so, if you can.

Currently we are playing through GRAW and loving that, but we were always waiting for Arma, and now it might only have TWO slots and there are six of us!!! I guess we're gonna have to wait for Illusion's 'Enemy in Sight' for some real...co-operization!

It's only the campaign that has probably only 2 slots(they can always surprise us). They never said it was otherwise, so why were you hoping on Arma to have that?

The normal co-op mode still has a lot to offer, and much more people then 6 can join in;).

I'm guessing the 2 people limitation only has to do with some missions being built for 2 sneaky SF-guys.

Please Bis:

Let us have the opportunity to skip these missions when we try a say 6 person coop!

:-)

I'm guessing the 2 people limitation only has to do with some missions being built for 2 sneaky SF-guys.

Please Bis:

Let us have the opportunity to skip these missions when we try a say 6 person coop!

If you really want have more then 2 people, just open the campaign pbo, edit the missions and trow some extra playable people in, pbo the whole thing back, and play! wink_o.gif

Please Bis:

If you really want have more then 2 people, just open the campaign pbo, edit the missions and trow some extra playable people in, pbo the whole thing back, and play!  wink_o.gif

I will do that, of course, but i don't wan't stupid people to think ArmA is stupid because they can only play the campaign coop with 2.

tounge2.gif

Whooyoocallinstoopid?

It was just a question (to which no-one actually had an answer this side of the Bohemia Hills in southern Bohemia) and anyway Worthplaying have answered it now. I'm happy with that.

Im not really sure what they meant by playing campaign in coop mode. Like 30 hrs of gameplay in one sitting or you would be able to save your progress ?!

If they mean single missions from campaign then it's your regular coop mode.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. In this game you can play the campaign Co-op as you said.

I played most of the GR version the newest is like the oldest i have the feeling not much is changed only the grfx .

Its still a kiddie game .. they should remove the annoying crosshair or the option to and aim with your weapon ...

Also some other effects ingame are sad . the hud is like the one for a space shuttle who wanna have all that bullshit on your screen ?.

Anyway not much intressting changes in about 5 years .

the new gr sucks big time by the way ...... they should make games for the more mature players like ofp or ArmA.

Greetings