Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

OFP:Elite sound pack

Guest Ti0n3r
But Elite uses a different way of reporting things? tounge2.gif

True. But that's not really a problem. I use the 'Sutherland' voice and it works perfect.

i question concerning the music replacement file....

i dont notice any change...

what songs have been changed?

Guest Ti0n3r

I quote myself.

This is a pretty basic addon and it does only replace a few files;
Quote[/b] ]Original file Replaced with

01.ogg x08.ogg

10.ogg x07.ogg

14.ogg x11.ogg

Ive noticed a change with the music file but there are very few files replaced its hard to notice the change.

Also how does Ofp Elite report units then?

Guest Ti0n3r
Also how does Ofp Elite report units then?

An example;

OFP: 12 o' clock, enemy soldier, 500.

Elite: 12 o' clock, enemy soldier at 500 meters.

Edit: Elite radio sounds in action. ~195kb (Works perfect, as you can hear).

Dont see how there will be a major problem with the radio sounds, their slightly different but not not too much.

Hey Ti0n3r!

I've been using this pack for about a week now and it is a massive improvement over the default sounds thumbs-up.gif

Any chance over making the weapon sounds avaliable as a sound pack for JAM3? I personally think it would be nice to have the same sounds for JAM units as un-JAMed units. pistols.gif

Regards Biscuit

Guest Ti0n3r

Edit: After having a look at the JAM sounds - no, I'm too lazy. But I guees you should be able to fix it yourself. Should be fairly easy wink_o.gif

Any chances of releasing some sort of preview? I've never heard OFP:E sounds, and it'd be nice to here a couple of the sounds before I download it.

Guest Ti0n3r
Any chances of releasing some sort of preview? I've never heard OFP:E sounds, and it'd be nice to here a couple of the sounds before I download it.

Okay, no problemo. Here's three samples (wav) smile_o.gif

M16 & M60

AK74 & PKM

AH1 with FFAR & TOW

Wait till you hear mine. I shouldve had it out alot sooner but I'm having trouble with Cool Edit sad_o.gif.

Hey weird thing here crazy_o.gif When i change the audio option's via main gui(the one were you get three sliders for music effect's and radio) I can here the OFP elite radio sound's biggrin_o.gif Edit= sorry my bad crazy_o.gif it can't be this mod as i am now using chammy's sound conversion and wilco's armed assault radio ending! The thing is though neither of them replace the radio voice in game but i can hear them in the option's gui tounge2.gif

True. But that's not really a problem. I use the 'Sutherland' voice and it works perfect.

Hmm(scratches head) tounge2.gif I think their might be somthing you are not telling us! Please feel free to elaborate.

Hey Ti0n3r!

I've been using this pack for about a week now and it is a massive improvement over the default sounds  thumbs-up.gif

Any chance over making the weapon sounds avaliable as a sound pack for JAM3?  I personally think it would be nice to have the same sounds for JAM units as un-JAMed units. pistols.gif

Regards Biscuit

I can, I have. I also changed the sounds for the addons i'm using for the squad I am in now, USMC, JAM and JAM 2, LSR, HYK, M82 barrett, BAS, etc. have you tried my sound replacement? Its all a matter a preference though.

Question does anyone know where an alternate download for the Elite Music soundpack can be found had to do a reinstall and forgot to save that pbo when I had it.

Guest Ti0n3r
Question does anyone know where an alternate download for the Elite Music soundpack can be found had to do a reinstall and forgot to save that pbo when I had it.

Use the OFPC PL mirror found in the first post wink_o.gif

nice job~however, the download link is broken. Can anyone reupload the link? Thanks