Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Exclusive Armed Assault report

Does anyone know what this exactly means ?

Will bullets still drop from a far distance if you're a sniper ? Or do you just aim at his head from 10 miles distance even and still get a hit , when it should drop like far in front of your target?

Thanks for explaining , anyone ?smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

@Vectum

Quote[/b] ]Will ArmA feature ballistic kinetic energy simulation?

Yes, bullet accuracy and damage are dependent on a number of factors such as wind resistance and distance to the target.

Edit: I was first yay.gif

Does anyone know what this exactly means ?

Will bullets still drop from a far distance if you're a sniper ? Or do you just aim at his head from 10 miles distance even and still get a hit , when it should drop like far in front of your target?

Thanks for explaining , anyone ?smile_o.gif

Yes, gravity and wind will have effect on bullets.

EDIT: Ti0n3r beat me.. yay.gif

Phantastic news, thank you BIS. notworthy.gif

With the possibolity to have multiple turrets we can have real shipartillery support. inlove.gif

There are so many improvemets, i hope for an release in Q3.

Can`t wait to preorder a copy of Armed Assault.

Just one small addition about what may 3d ironsights and scopes look like (in True Combat:Elite, a freeware mod of a freeware game, just a little commercial smile_o.gif ):

20060521152604demnorthport1zs.th.jpgEnlarge 20060521152618demnorthport8ol.th.jpgEnlarge 20060521153010demnorthport4rb.th.jpgEnlarge 20060521153020demnorthport7sg.th.jpgEnlarge

I had to. tounge2.gif

Workshop update:

Quote[/b] ]Lima from one of our partners, http://www.armed-assault.de, are present at the workshop. Later today there will be a questioning hour, where Markus (BIS employee) will answer questions regarding Armed Assault. If you want questions answered, make a reply in this thread, and I will hand them over to Lima.

ArmedAssault.eu

Oh goodie biggrin_o.gif

I didn't make it to ask a question on armedassault.eu so I'd like to ask the ones that saw E3's ArmA demo if there was any signs of prommised in some interview climbing over the obstacles? Or maybe Rastavovich said something about it? In that 160mb movie near the end the player was trying to cross the field in which there was a kind of fence and he had to turn back and go the other way. So either he didn't know he can cross it or he just couldn't wink_o.gif

@3D sights: We were told that they're about to implement it and that the final product probably has them.

@3D sights: We were told that they're about to implement it and that the final product probably has them.

Please, please, please somebody ask BIS at the workship if M-203 sights, AT-4 sights, and other ones can be adjusted for range. Will they work like reality, or will we get the same shitty unrealistic M-203 sights that games have always had (except for Infiltration for UT way back when)?

Please, please, please somebody ask BIS at the workship if M-203 sights, AT-4 sights, and other ones can be adjusted for range. Will they work like reality, or will we get the same shitty unrealistic M-203 sights that games have always had (except for Infiltration for UT way back when)?

Nobody asked that. It's too late now, maybe we can ask on the next Workshop whistle.gif

Nobody asked that. It's too late now, maybe we can ask on the next Workshop whistle.gif

I just don't understand how a group of mod makers can't have that as one of the things they want answered. Is the average mod-maker just not that familiar with how the sighting systems for such weapons truly work, and thus don't understand how important it is to model them correctly?

Do you guys (meaning, everyone on the forum) realize that M-203 sights allow for a person to acheive EXCELLENT first-shot accuracy at ranges up to 150 meters for a point target, and 350 for an area target? It's not a wild "fire and adjust"-fest, you actually can hit what you want with each shot as long as you can properly estimate ranges.

I wish people would ask questions like this when the opportunity arises. confused_o.gif

I just don't understand how a group of mod makers can't have that as one of the things they want answered. Is the average mod-maker just not that familiar with how the sighting systems for such weapons truly work, and thus don't understand how important it is to model them correctly?

Do you guys (meaning, everyone on the forum) realize that M-203 sights allow for a person to acheive EXCELLENT first-shot accuracy at ranges up to 150 meters for a point target, and 350 for an area target? It's not a wild "fire and adjust"-fest, you actually can hit what you want with each shot as long as you can properly estimate ranges.

I wish people would ask questions like this when the opportunity arises. confused_o.gif

Lol, modding is more than grenade launchers... huh.gif

Lol, modding is more than grenade launchers... huh.gif

No kidding.

However, I think anyone who has a solid understanding of weapons, and is trying to make a realistic mod, would want the basic feature that allows for such things to be correctly implemented. It carries over to weapons like the Mk-19, AT-4... hell, anything that has an adjustable sight (meaning, basically EVERY weapon) would benefit from having such a feature.

The current M-203 implemented in Flashpoint, and every mod I've ever seen, quite frankly sucks. The sights are worthless, totally worthless and absolutely nothing like the real things.

But hey, whatever. I guess I can't expect people who've never actually fired one to really grasp the finer points of aiming them, and be disappointed with how they're presently modeled.

I wish I'd had the sense to ask if geometry LOD limits have been reset.

Hopes this shuts up all the people who seem to be thinking that BIS havent been doing anything and feel the need to criticize every tit bit in a screenshot.

Good to hear about the anti cheat system too.

yup, exactly i wanted to convey to everyone who was "whining" (Only 75% done, stop reviewing a unfinished masterpeice). and they also they stated

Quote[/b] ]"The AI wasn’t that impressing in the demo, but Rastavovich assured us that this will change for the final product."

So lets keep up the faith with Bis folks!

We can make constructive criticism about all the information we can see and judge, been Alpha, Beta or whatever. And that criticism will continue till the very release of ArmA, when a final review could be done.

This is what I, and others like me will do.

If somebody feels disturbed about it, just skip reading messages of this nature. That´s very simple.

We can make constructive criticism about all the information we can see and judge, been Alpha, Beta or whatever. And that criticism will continue till the very release of ArmA, when a final review could be done.

This is what I, and others like me will do.

If somebody feels disturbed about it, just skip reading messages of this nature. That´s very simple.

I see your point, yes constructive criticism is good. Whining is not...i think you and others like you are not whining. But people who fail to understand that it is still in Alpha, beta ect, are people who push it way to far. Sure Animations could be messed up but does it need to be stated every second? Ok well i beginning to whine myself so back to the point of this post.

If We could get a community chat going with a developer to get awnsers us veteran players want to ask then that would be great.

Ok I see where you want to go... And I understand your point.

And the chat suggestion could be a good idea if where possible.

in total some great new informations are hiding in ...

and only 'sad' thing about rivers/streams ...

as i was in hope to see some river crossing fights a fast gunboats @ rivers ...

hopefully there will be "mod" to this (fake road - landvehicles +watervehicles +some waterlike effects)

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]BIS also plan to introduce so-called “Certified Content Developers†– content creators that register at BIS and receive a better support than in the wiki or forums and avoid a lot of speculations. They will be given the possibilty to "sign" their PBOs, marking them as reliable within the anti cheating system

I don't like the sounds of this, to me this sounds like the editing community taking a step BACK, not forward.

All I see out of this is I won't be able to tweak addons so they perform in concurrence with my own CPP mods. Effectively rendering them useless to me. Forget about stealing addons or using them to cheat, I just want to be able to make a custom config and use addons so they complement it.

Don't get me started on community standardization, everything I've done personally seems better than what I've seen come out of the community so far in regard to config value customization. FDF came close, but in the end, letting the end user customize his experience really defines much of the value and appeal this franchise has for me.

For example, stock BIS weapon accuracy were just way too high and the steadiness variable for stock OFP was way too low, and for the most part the community just sort of ran with it.

To be honest, playing the game like that got BORING. It wasn't realistic and it made the game far too easy. I could reliably snipe guys from the hip at 500 meters, which was just... no. Being able to make my own tweaks to the game AND addons I used so they conformed to those modifications improved my experience immeasurably.

It'd just be a terrible shame if that ability was somehow not present in the next game(s).

I have to agree with Baphomet on Certified Content Developers. What's the criteria for a certified developer? What about those of us who make addons for a hobby? Are we going to be cut off from knowing advanced commands that could make some concepts possible? What's to keep a certified developer from spilling the beans on said advanced commands?

It's like Addons At Ease all over again.

It reminds me the 4 phases of the Breath fiasco.

1st phase : only the "select ones" have access and none more, modding being stated as too difficult for the average joes

2nd phase : BIs notice that despite what they thought, there are tons of very talented average joes in the modding community

3rd phase : short after 2nd phase BIs give access to everyone to Breath content

4th phase : tons of good additions to the game are done

I just hope this Certified Content Developer will not reproduce the Breath 1st phase and hide some commands/informations to the average joes

I have to agree with Baphomet on Certified Content Developers. What's the criteria for a certified developer? What about those of us who make addons for a hobby? Are we going to be cut off from knowing advanced commands that could make some concepts possible? What's to keep a certified developer from spilling the beans on said advanced commands?

It's like Addons At Ease all over again.

I think you got it wrong.

Everyone will be able to create new addons (as oppose to addons at ease), but only the "certified modmakers" will be able to get it signed in online play. This means that you, if you play on a server with signed addons, wil HAVE to have the original addon (not a tweaked one).

On a server that doesn't use certified addons (maybe your own server), won't be testing for the authentity of the addons other people are using (well, will probably check for filesize etc. like in ofp but that's all).

This means, that if you want to play around with your friends with your own addons, it is possible. But if you have a dedicated server, you can choose to only be using certified addons and there **hopefully** avoid cheating this way.