Sign in to follow this  
chipper

Exclusive Armed Assault report

I never had a problem with the crumbling, altough sometimes it was overdone and you becamse stuck in a destroyed building even though you where 5 meters away from it.. wink_o.gif

But we will probably be able to mod nice building destruction anims in... tounge2.gif

I never had a problem with the crumbling, altough sometimes it was overdone and you becamse stuck in a destroyed building even though you where 5 meters away from it.. wink_o.gif

But we will probably be able to mod nice building destruction anims in... tounge2.gif

I agree, I kinda liked the satisfying crunch of crumpled buildings. You can have fun just flying around shooting missiles at buildings. And really its not THAT bad, its better than any other option (like a weird cookie cutter animation or an overthetop computer destroying brick by brick system).

Some things do get away with crumpling, especially with modded effects like smoke and fire to mask the uglier side of it.

Quote[/b] ], its better than any other option (like a weird cookie cutter animation or an overthetop computer destroying brick by brick system).

It's also better than the system that most other games have: none at all.

--Ben

Lighthose has a moving light

Just to add that this effect is excellant. The lighthouse beam lights up the surrounding terrain in a fully dynamic fashion as it sweeps around. Also impressive is lightning at night, playing a night mission with a thunderstorm is very atmospheric with the wind howling, rain drumming and the flashes lighting up the landscape (and briefly revealing you and your enemy). The weather effects are a vast improvement on OFP.

=) Yea its nice on the nightwatch mission were you need to guard the AA installation on Malden.

On the topic of destructable buildings I just wanted to step in a say that NI Mod is working on a SDS technology doing just that. More information will be provided when the time is right...but the chances are that their will be a demo SDS building in the NI Mod Demo.

On the topic of destructable buildings I just wanted to step in a say that NI Mod is working on a SDS technology doing just that. More information will be provided when the time is right...but the chances are that their will be a demo SDS building in the NI Mod Demo.

In OFP or ArmA? Cause if its in ArmA how you gonna do it without access to the game?

Guest Ti0n3r

Of course it's for OFP.

Of course it's for OFP.

Well how am I supposed to know? This is the forum for Armed Assault afterall.

Guest Ti0n3r

Nevermind, just forget my post wink_o.gif

Lighthose has a moving light

Just to add that this effect is excellant. The lighthouse beam lights up the surrounding terrain in a fully dynamic fashion as it sweeps around. Also impressive is lightning at night, playing a night mission with a thunderstorm is very atmospheric with the wind howling, rain drumming and the flashes lighting up the landscape (and briefly revealing you and your enemy). The weather effects are a vast improvement on OFP.

Very true,I always loved rainy missions on OFP..here are so few sad_o.gif..but it never felt right for some reason,but yes OFP:E has a vast improvement,I never knew the lighthouse fully lit up its surroundings though.