Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

C'mon, this was meant to be a FAQ, if you guys keep derrailing it will be locked and loose the pin confused_o.gif .

Like:

Q: Are there runway lights in Arma?

Yeah.

Now that many people have the game let them fill this with game information for everyone to read smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]-Is it possible to turn off the 'fixed aim'?

Yes. You can use the old non fixed aim from OFP if you want to.

Tell me whats fixed aim, you mean auto aim?

I think it means if the crosshair is constrained to be in the dead-center of the viewport or not.

Like Counter-Strike, your crosshair always has to be exactly center (so crosshair movement and character movement are exactly tied), but in OFP this wasn't the case (you could move your crosshair a little bit without moving your character's viewport).

Can troops cross bridges in ArmA?

If not, here's an idea...

I don't think this can't be done via a modding or scripting, but who am i to say that?

When we order our squad to board a vehicle or weapon , the icon with arrow & dot (at least in OFP) shows up, wouldn't it be nice to have an new cursor (cross bridge) when we approach the bridge?

All we have to do is select your units, point at the first section of the bridge, the new cursor shows up and leftclick. A script puts your men automatically in collumn formation and forces them to follow predefined waypoints on the bridge. Something similar to buildingpositions.

I dunno how this could work with AI tho...

Quote[/b] ]Can troops cross bridges in ArmA?

Yes they can but they often fail to do so. While some men in the same group cross the bridge others choose to bypass the bridge and if there is water, loose parts of their equipment.

Vehicles use bridges aswell.

I already have ArmA but I still do not know two things:

How do I drop weapons (like in OFP - drop M136)?

How do I tell a soldier to pick up a certain weapon (like in OFP - pick up weapon at soldier 4 o' clock! )

Thanks for your help!

Quote[/b] ]I already have ArmA but I still do not know two things:

How do I tell a soldier to pick up a certain weapon (like in OFP - pick up weapon at soldier 4 o' clock! )

Thanks for your help!

It´s all in the manual wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I already have ArmA but I still do not know two things:

Thanks for your help!

It´s all in the manual wink_o.gif

Thanks Malccolm.

Come on Battleschlumpf! It is not in the manual how to tell a soldier to take a specific weapon like in OFP.

My first question is answered in the manual, you are right.

edit: Never mind. Just found it. The manual does not say it really but it works with the new command system.

Is it possible to roll in ArmA? (When you're prone to roll on the ground with a soldier)

didn't find any keys for it...

Q is default for rolling left and E is default for rolling right. I think it is listed as "evasive left" and "evasive right". These are the lean keys when not prone.

Does anyone know what folder or file i can copy so that i dont lose my keyboard and settings config. Its taken me ages to get it right so i don't want to lose it ever.

whats the command to show fps ? something to add in shortcut properties like ofp or maybe a key ?

@dudester

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\YourName\YourName.ArmAProfile

just copy this

@zander

i guess its not possible,

use a program like fraps

Q is default for rolling left and E is default for rolling right.  I think it is listed as "evasive left" and "evasive right".  These are the lean keys when not prone.

You were right!

Thank you. Now I can roll. smile_o.gif

@dudester

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\YourName\YourName.ArmAProfile

just copy this

@zander

i guess its not possible,

use a program like fraps

yes i remember now i got fps shown in ofp with a mod, dxdll i think.

Thanks. Another question does anyone know what floating zone does in the options.

Thanks. Another question does anyone know what floating zone does in the options.

it influences how much u can move your weapon, before your whole body moves

i mean, if you set the floatin zone in the settings to the left, your weapon is always in the middle of your screen and you look immediately right, if you move your mouse to the right

but if you set the FZ to the right, you can move your weapon nearly over your whole field of view, before your body starts to turn

my english is so bad, that its impossible for me to explain this in some simple words, but if you try it in the game, you will notice, what i mean biggrin_o.gif

Floating zone is the size of the area that you can move your cursor/gunsight around freely without causing your character to move.

it influences how much u can move your weapon, before your whole body moves

i mean, if you set the floatin zone in the settings to the left, your weapon is always in the middle of your screen and you look immediately right, if you move your mouse to the right

but if you set the FZ to the right, you can move your weapon nearly over your whole field of view, before your body starts to turn

my english is so bad, that its impossible for me to explain this in some simple words, but if you try it in the game, you will notice, what i mean

No it was good and thanks

Quote[/b] ]Can AI see through smoke?

Smoke nades block their view, BUT smoke from exploded vehicles , nades and 40mm does not block their view but yours confused_o.gif

there should be some kind of value that defines the see-through-ability for ai.

It's an LOD, part of the model.

there should be some kind of value that defines the see-through-ability for ai.

It's an LOD, part of the model.

eh and which LOD is that?

I know about lods.

But still wondering where and how to set that. I mean, why is the normal smoke not ai-sight-blocking then.

confused_o.gif

I'm abit confused right now