Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

I'm no 3D modeller, so I don't know what it's called. View LOD maybe?

For the smoke, I don't think the individual smoke particles block the AI view, that might have quite a performance hit because it will also need to take the transparency of every particle into account. Probably an invisible object that blocks the AI view just like some MODs did for OFP (like JAM).

Quote[/b] ]Can AI see through smoke?

Smoke nades block their view, BUT smoke from exploded vehicles , nades and 40mm does not block their view but yours confused_o.gif

Thx, at least smoke nades are useful now. smile_o.gif (me happy)

Smoke from nades & 40mm doesn't last long anyway or am I wrong?

Quote[/b] ]Smoke from nades & 40mm doesn't last long anyway or am I wrong?

Even 5 seconds can be very long if AI is firing behind a smokecloud and you can´t as you do not see him anymore. I end up dead most of the times with the accuracy AI has.

Any news about the demo? It's been awhile.  huh.gif

How long are the loading times, (single and multiplayer,) compared to BF2? That game had horrible load times.   crazy_o.gif

Any news about the demo? It's been awhile. huh.gif

How long are the loading times, (single and multiplayer,) compared to BF2? That game had horrible load times. crazy_o.gif

Well... it's better i think. Especially because ArmA isn't recompiling shaders all the time smile_o.gif

How long are the loading times, (single and multiplayer,) compared to BF2? That game had horrible load times. crazy_o.gif

Well... it's better i think. Especially because ArmA isn't recompiling shaders all the time smile_o.gif

Yeah,from what I'v seen it has a much much faster loading time,for the heck of it I'v loaded bf2 maps with medium and low settings together but it doesn't seem to make a difference,always takes 5+ minuets or so. I haven't seen an AA video with a loading screen that has taken nearly that long yet.

Loading times are in general as fast or faster than BF2. BF2 loading times for me depend heavily upon the size of textures I choose to load into memory in the video options.

Guest RKSL-Rock

How long are the loading times, (single and multiplayer,) compared to BF2? That game had horrible load times.   crazy_o.gif

Yeah,from what I'v seen it has a much much faster loading time,for the heck of it I'v loaded bf2 maps with medium and low settings together but it doesn't seem to make a difference,always takes 5+ minuets or so. I haven't seen an AA video with a loading screen that has taken nearly that long yet.

BF2/2142 loading times is usually depeendant on the quality of your connection to the server. On 100Mbps LAN we've have almost instant connections. Over the net is varies so much is can be painful.

@Ian Malcolm if its repeatedly reoptimising the settings then you have something wrong. It should only reoptimise shader if you change your gfx settings.

Going back on topic... I didnt think the smoke grenades worked against the AI?!

Does the online download version have starforce in it like some people have said. Its just i download it installed it then did a search for it on my computer. It was nowhere to be seen so what it the truth here?

Czech 1.0 release: Starforce (3.7?)

German 1.0 release: SecureROM (v7?)

Morphicon German download release 1.01: SecureROM (v7?)

Not long ago i heard BIS talikng about wild life in AA. I am sure i heard them talking about sheep and rabbits and how they would react to things that went on around them. Now can someone tell me have you seen a Sheep or a Rabbit. I was so looking forward to putting a bullet in a sheep or watching them flee. I remember thinking what a good idear as it would alert you to enemy been around, but where is.

Not long ago i heard BIS talikng about wild life in AA. I am sure i heard them talking about sheep and rabbits and how they would react to things that went on around them. Now can someone tell me have you seen a Sheep or a Rabbit. I was so looking forward to putting a bullet in a sheep or watching them flee. I remember thinking what a good idear as it would alert you to enemy been around, but where is.

its not included jet, but maybe a patch will add it

Hi, uhh i haven't been around for a while so anyone have something that needs to be updated in the FAQ...?

its not included jet, but maybe a patch will add it

I think that was mentioned when talking about game2, not arma. smile_o.gif

More animals as promised in interviews should be added in patches.

That's always good to hear, Sennybridge, in Wales (UK) had plenty of Sheep and you were always guaranteed to smell of Sheep S**t at the end of a days exercise, cos the ground was always covered in it. It'll definitely add to the immersion, though I'm glad they haven't invented smelly vision yet! biggrin_o.gif

I'm waiting to see the One Man and His Dog Mod!!! *come by shep*whistle.gif

xmas_o.gif

Be very careful about asking that question, despite the fact that its a genuine and valid one it gets topics closed and locked.

The only answer you will get anyhow is the shake and bake answer of

"it'll be ready when its ready"

huh.gif

like in vbs1, ArmA have textures of foxies an rabits in misc.pbo

sorry for my english.

in spanish:

como en vbs1, ArmA contiene texturas de zorro y conejo en el archivo misc.pbo.

Be very careful about asking that question, despite the fact that its a genuine and valid one it gets topics closed and locked.

The only answer you will get anyhow is the shake and bake answer of

"it'll be ready when its ready"

huh.gif

Actually, apparently a date has been set.

http://www.fileplanet.com/features/FileReserve/

Now, I can't confirm if that's correct or not, but as of now I believe that's the only evidence we have of a demo.

Yes, from filefront....... ONLY

So how acurate do you rate that to be?

I think I'd prefer to hear it it from BIS or placebo