Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

Yeah that link on the front page has only just appeared. Hopefully we'll be able to download it soon.

I am not from Germany, but ordered my copy from Amazon.de Does anyone here know when i should expect them to take the money from my credit card, would it be on the day of release 30/11/06 or on the day they send it, or do they send all orders out on the 30/11/06. I have never used Amazon so any info would be good.

I have a question but I don't think it's worth opening a new thread about it:

How come the trousers are not bloused or tucked into the boots? I thought it was army regulation

I don´t know know if my question belong to this topic but it´s the best thread i found.

How much RAM of the graphicscard (VRAM) does Armed Assaut really use?

I tend to buy a new graphicscard (asus x1950pro), but this one only got 256 DDR 3 RAM and i don´t know if i should take a 512 MB version, because i don´t know any "benches" upon this section. Im not sure about future mods if they need more resources from my comupter...

It would be a pleasure for me, if you could help me to find an answer smile_o.gif

telejunky

recommended ram you should have is 512, just 2 days ago i bought 1gb of ram, and new gfx for armed assault, personally i think u should go for 1gb or 2gb ram depending on how many ram slots you got smile_o.gif...

Also i bought NIVIDIA Geforce 7300 Gs and apparently accordingly to a friend that should be more than enough to play Armed Assault,

smile_o.gif

Hey rob thanks for trying to answer. But i asked if the 256 MB RAM of the graphicscard is enough for Armed Assault. I know that you can bench how much vram is used by games. That's the only thing which i want to know xmas_o.gif

I asked this in the pictures thread, but understandably, it got lost among the screenshots.

Has anyone been able to confirm new death animations?

With those nice looking new gore effects for the wounded, it would only make sense to have some new animations for the deaths.

Maybe even rag doll?

I think that would be pretty nice

I still haven't received answer to my question; what 16:9 resolutions are supported by ArmA?

It has been already answered in few other threads. Yes it does support widescreen...

I still haven't received answer to my question; what 16:9 resolutions are supported by ArmA?

It has been already answered in few other threads. Yes it does support widescreen...

I didn't ask whether it supports widescreens or not.

I know it supports widescreen (both 16:10 and 16:9) but I haven't seen the resolutions.

I know it supports widescreen (both 16:10 and 16:9) but I haven't seen the resolutions.

Sorry. I read your question badly. Here is the sshot of supported resolutions:

resolutions.gif

Hey rob thanks for trying to answer. But i asked if the 256 MB RAM of the graphicscard is enough for Armed Assault. I know that you can bench how much vram is used by games. That's the only thing which i want to know  xmas_o.gif

telejunky , i suggest You go for 512MB version of X1950pro (e.g. from MSI as i'm not aware of ASUS made one) ...

ArmA is able utilize all VRAM You have to last megabyte ... so more = better ...

EDIT: one more question related to FAQ , is ArmA going to get "Games for Windows" logo ? http://www.gamesforwindows.com/

Hey rob thanks for trying to answer. But i asked if the 256 MB RAM of the graphicscard is enough for Armed Assault. I know that you can bench how much vram is used by games. That's the only thing which i want to know  xmas_o.gif

ok few days ago i bought me some new parts for my pc..

1) Nvidia 7600 gt 256ram 168€ .ditech.at

2) Nvidia/Abit An8 32X sli MB 129€ birg.at

3 Athlon 64 bit 3500ghz Pz 88€ ditech.at

so for 385€ you get a super fast pc for ArmA with 1gb ram..!! for this month my resources are finished.. but next month i wll take some more rams.. and then !! im sure the game will run Fantastic.. now im playin with high settings and 3500 view distance and its just amazing

In comparison to people mentioning 10ghz, dual processors, 4gb RAM, cold fusion reactor, that doesn't seem too "super fast"

tounge2.gif

Hell, im running it with X2 4600+/7600GT and I get some pretty nasty lag on 1024x768 medium as well. crazy_o.gif

Is there a patch worked upon ?

Placebo: "Demo will be released as soon as it's ready (same as a patch), both are being worked on. "

Deleted two posts which quoted the same image, if you can't be bothered to remove image tags when quoting then neither can I smile_o.gif

how much mem do you have in your system? I remember ofp was a killa for mem.

1 gig seems fine so far unless you run a shitload of other stuff in the background.

Sorry.

how did you get english video options menu?

EDIT: one more question related to FAQ , is ArmA going to get "Games for Windows" logo ? http://www.gamesforwindows.com/
Quote[/b] ]...Microsoft also invests in quality checking each title to ensure they meet performance and reliability standards...

Based on what we've seen about ArmA so far (bugs,etc), I don't think Microsoft would be too eager to make this a "GFW" confused_o.gif

Oh. Right. The bugs are simply planned on being left unfixed. It's a most genius plan! [/sarcasm]

But no, really. By the time the American release rolls around, I would defintely bet on at least one major patch fixing a great deal of the bugs currently present in the game.

- dRB

Hi..

Maybe an odd Q..but can u climb over small walls in the AA..??

and can u soldier jump at all..??

BTW i dont want any Bunnyjumping ala BF2.. biggrin_o.gif

over and out

Flyfinn