Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

It is possible to command many groups leaded by humans ? This is will be cool for coops.

Or use the ingame voicecommunication feature. Spoken language is a much faster and more accurate way of describing what you want than a predifined interface.

It is possible to command many groups leaded by humans ? This is will be cool for coops.

Or use the ingame voicecommunication feature. Spoken language is a much faster and more accurate way of describing what you want than a predifined interface.

It's true but the options should be cool.

Already answered many times on the forums. There is no more limit on squad size smile_o.gif

Sorry for my bad english but is not I want ask.

It is possible have a commander human who command many groups when each groups leaded by other human ?

Exemple : a human commander who command alpha black, bravo black and charlie black, when those groups are leaded by humans.

Thanks for replies.

Nope. There are not "groups of groups" or "more than 2 tiers of command"; however you like to put it.

I brought this up a... 9 months ago? and was told to quit nitpick/whining and go home.

"Will there be a demo?

Yes, two. First, we'll get a multiplayer demo, then short before release a singleplayer demo. Exact dates aren't specified as of now. They are planned to be released before the actual game."

So much for planning eh? So how much longer are BIS planning for us to keep waiting for a demo?

This is a direct quote from Placebo in the ArmA goes gold topic

Just to confirm, Czech and German versions are gold, Russian and Polish aren't quite there yet, when all four of the "Eastern" versions are gold then work will start on the demo, so don't expect it in a few days, it will take weeks not days for the demo to be complete.

So dont expect it any time soon...

The only ones that can expect to get the demo before release of the full version will be those sadly awaiting 505 games Im guessing

whose website is STILL down - confidence building that is

No it will use Securom

What? Nooo! Where did you get that from?

be happy, starforce is the evil one..;)

Lets say,If i WAS TO PURCHASE THE GERMAN VERSION, WOULD i BE ABLE TO SELECT THE LANGUAGE THAT I WANT JUST LIKE OPERATION FLASHPOINT?

Doesnt the search give any results if you type in capitals???

List of things checked with german final. This list is not claiming to be complete or totally reliable as time was short for testing all that things.

Here you go:

1.CQB AI abilities

- AI does a decent approach for CQB and uses objects effectively for cover, AI flaws hinder CQB at times.

2. AI (radio menu, behaviour of the AI comrades) would be interesting. Also I'm interested in how the AI behaves when driving vehicles.

- Pathfinding routines are still not perfect, AI does act more lifelike in general

3. Arty

- found no embedding option in Editor, Arty may be called with specific unit (untested)

4. Boats, single units and groups swimming in the game, disembark, embark on sea

- Groups and single units automatically swim, “GetOut†on sea does not work, “Eject†will

work, but units loose weapons and ammo

5. AI engagement ranges, will AI use suppressive fire , can the AI be supressed

- AI uses surpressive fire and can be surpressed, engagement ranges are skill-dependant and related to the environment they fight in. At times I had 2 groups facing each other on 50m´s and they even ran up to each other without engaging and after some time all dropped and had a fight on 30 m´s with the leader taking out his binocs for a zoom-in on the bullet that killed him.

6. Is it possible for subgroups within a group, to have their own formation? Eg, Team Blue in a wedge, while team red is in a Line?

- could not be confirmed

7. What is the AI like at clearing houses. Eg, frag and spray, etc.

- untested

8. Do they use surpressive fire, can they be suppressed, or do they still snipe you with machine guns?

- Read above, skill of shooters is generally high though.

9. How does AI react when a soldier is killed in front of him?

- When set in right combatmode unit will instantly react and return fire at you. On lower skill settings they hardly react at all.

10. Can you stand up in narrow places (eg. crawl under a tank and try to stand up)

- No

11. Any new commands for controlling a squad?

- Yes, some new formation types and much easier interface option for leaders to have people

get into vehicles or move to certain places, Spacebar is used for quick commandos to group.

12. Get in a tank and drive through a forest. Can you? Do you lose momentum with each tree hit?

- You can flatten a whole forest if you feel like that and you loose momentum with each tree you flatten.

13. I would like to know if the wounds are actually on the spot of the impact or always the same like in OFP.

- System hasn´t changed from OFP, so no.

14. Please take a look at how AI is driving tanks/apc's.

- They´re doing a good job, but still there are problems like with OFP

15. is there VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing aircraft)?

- No, the harrier embedded has no VTOL options, but this will be patched according to BIS

16. could you test if the radio queue will still prevent the AI from following your orders?

- Some commands override queue and are transmitted immedeatly. Not fully tested though.

17. could you look, if there is an option to turn off the "beep-beep" after a radio command?

- I found no option to disable or alter the beeps, should be modable though.

18. Can helicopters land properly, or will they still hover for an extended period of time prior to touching down?

- Helicopters land more fluent now.

19. Do smokeclouds block AI's view?

- Smoke created from blasts like handgrenades, 40 mm grenades etc do not block their view but yours.

Smoke-grenades do block their view.

20. Is there a big watersplash effect when a shell or anything else hits the water?

- No “big†splash but a splash.

21. Are troops "setpossed" on shore out of the boat or is there a proper animation?

- untested

22. CTI experiance ?

- untested

Some additional findings:

- Controls are fully customizable

- Damage system has been altered, you can disable tires or other parts of vehicles now.

- There is a loading-time while switching back to game when you are in map-screen sometimes

- You can not move while in mapscreen

- Maximum time acceleration is 4x

- Regular grunts have no gearscreen while in briefing screen

- No downwash wind effect on trees

- No larger animals, bugs, birds and butterflies embedded

- No free cursor to lock on targets in helo- and planecockpit

- Kamov almost impossible to fly when using the target-cam

- Stryker has interiors and crew is able to turn out

- There are timed grenades with Armed Assault

- ILS on Paraiso airport didn´t work properly. Harrier kept spiraling up into the sky without landing at airport

- Parachute not steerable

- Tracers look bad and are not realistic

- Editor a bit buggy in places that are filled with objects (towns). During the test I was unable to move created waypoints at some locations.

System specs of comp:

Athlon 64 X2 Dual 3800+

2,01 Ghz

2 GB RAM

GeForce 7800 GT

Hope that answers some questions.

So does enemy truly react to suppressive fire? Do they search for cover and halt shooting or shoot inaccurately or something like that from suppressive fire itself (even if there's no casualities)? This is one of most important things i'm expecting from ArmA. As in OFP only way to effect to enemy's combatmorale was to kill AI's groupmembers. At last artillery, armoredvehicles, MGs etc. could be used in thing to what they were partly designed for: suppression.

Right now i have a vision of advancing toward woods as in there are lots of explosions from APCs frag-shells and dust and richoets from MG's fire. Couple enemy soldiers shoots at us but aiming is way too high and rest of them are just hiding and waiting for suppressive fire to go away. Is my vision of ArmA incorrect?

Kudos to bals for giving hard info amidst of all this speculation. smile_o.gif

How to switch player/character.

Place the wanted units and set them to be "playable" in the editor, then use the T key to see the avalible units, Y and U keys swaps next/previous unit.

notworthy.gif Wery nice feature

Thx Eizei !

Still, some of the info may be partially wrong or unprecise as the testing-time was limited.

Thanks for the info Balschoiw.

Just out of interest, what was your initial reaction to ArmA?

Did it meet your expectations? Do you feel it's essentially OFP 1.5 or do you feel it has evolved beyond that?

I have searched quite alot but just cant find it:

What is the max number of real player in one squad playing coop.

Is there a squad roster like in gr1 (3 squad) graw (3 squad) or BF2 (many)?

In ofp it was 2 to 12 men per squad. Howver you could have lots of playable squads...

In Armed Assault, i dont believe there is a limit. you can apparently have a squad of 134, leading to a stupidly large, 1 man thick and super presice wedge formation.... crazy_o.gif

Nice job Balschoiw!

About the reworked damage model. For example is it still possible to chew down an Abrams tank with a BMP-2's cannon?

I don't know if this question as been asked or not:

The rightclick lock an enemy(human tanks whatever)from a long distance because used by tank campers is gone or is still alive?

Quote[/b] ]For example is it still possible to chew down an Abrams tank with a BMP-2's cannon?

Not tested, but I guess so.

Quote[/b] ]Just out of interest, what was your initial reaction to ArmA?

1. Wow , nice gfx.

2. Wow, I got shot through a bush and a tree

3. Wow, I fell of a tower when getting prone (collission detection)

4. Wow, the AI has improved

5. Wow, the AI is flawed

6. Wow, the mission editor has no new major options

I am split on Arma as it is now.