Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

^ Good question

Q: Can we use (2) USB devices? (Possibly (1) joystick for Flying and (1) gamepad for Driving)

A:?

I have a question regarding the needs for the upstream/downstream connection for a server. I read some where that it was a couple of KB per player because of extreme optimization. Is this true?

how can i see a server list for armed assault ,i've heard there's hundreds of czechs playing it online.does it support xfire,gamespy arcade, all seeing eye ?

and what's this about 2 player coop , is that the limit ? 2 players for online coop games ?

2 player coop refers to the campaign. You can play the campaign alone, or with one other person.

'Normal' multiplayer missions, including coop of course, can be played with a lot more players.

Quote[/b] ]In terms of micromanagement, I'd say it's more intuitive and powerful. Orders are executed by numbered menus with numbered submenus, and in Armed Assault this has been expanded to hotkeys as well. To give you an example, to select your MGer and AT soldier, you'd press (for example) F4 and F5, and your cursor changes to a crosshair. Either bring up the map and click on it to send them to a location, or simply choose a patch of ground in front of you with the crosshair to send them to it. The nearest landmark will be used as a bearing for them ("4,5, go to bush at 12'o'clock") and they will move to it. Should you move the crosshair over an enemy, left clicking will make them engage it, right click merely target it (i.e. stay in formation and open fire when the opportunity arises - unless you've set them to engage at will).

Well, I'm an OFP: Elite player (never played OFP on PC) and what you describe here is already working in OFP: Elite. Since your post seems to suggest this is a new feature for ArmA does this actually mean such basics were not working in OFP for PC? Or do I understand something wrong here?

Cheers,

Grim

Maybe someone will say that this question is premature but i realy would like to know when BIS is planing first patch and what will be expected list of fixes/addons ? Please dont bash me i know that game is available only 4 days but im just very curious if some bugs are just thing that BIS just didnt managet to fix before first release and plan to do it in first patch or maybe those are intended features. Those are some problems/features which are bodering me :

- Heli flight system, It looks realy weird on movies, all helis reacts like they were made of paper, no weight at all. Colisions system also looks bad ( heli on a tree). I was wondering if BIS is planing to upgrade it somehow or just maybe only some cosmetics changes are expected ?

- No decals on some objects ( penetration movie) i realise that game as huge as ArmA cant have overdone and stunning decals like FEAR or GRAW but no decals at all is a bit disappointing, some small bullethole texture and some dust/sparlkes would be enouhg for me smile_o.gif It also looks kinda silly when tank shots at building and there is absolutely no visable effect of tank shell hiting building wall util ( after 3 shots) building totaly colapses.

- Tracers ? looks like every bullet is a tracer and they lok like laser beams. A bit disappointing but proly community will fix it , OFP tracers made by moders look realy good.

- "delayed death bug" wink_o.gif I noticed on two AI vs AI movies provided by Shardak ( thx for Your time Mate !wink_o.gif that when soldier is beeing hit while performing some king of animation ( hiding binoculars , going down to prone position) he has to finish that animation before he performs "dead animation". It look that a hit cant interupt some actions, it would be specialy disappointing if you shot a soldier which is throwing a nade at you and you have to wait for him to finish that throw before he goes down cut down by your fire wink_o.gif

- Static hand while handling with mounted guns , is it intended or will be fixed ??

- Texture changing on destroyed objects. Of course im talking about "rustycar" movie, it looks realy realy bad crazy_o.gif I dont know, if we at least maybe have 2 phases of car destruction i may live with this "magicaly changing apperance". Some decals, i dont know, some smokes maybe, those small details would make a big difference for me.

there are also some more isues but ive already created biger post then i intended wink_o.gif

Dont get me wrong guys. Im not discouraged by these bugs/problems. I'm still going to buy ArmA in first day ( hopefuly 24 nov wink_o.gif . But i must admit that i propably expected a bit to much. All those bugs i pointed shouldnt be present is such a high quality and expected prodution as ArmA. Of couse i can wait till BIS ( if not then maybe community) fix them. I just want to know when and what fixes/upgrades i can expect.

I think I read in an interview that you could change tier on your car, like put it on your back and then go get a new one? Is this still true or was it just a rumour?

I think I read in an interview that you could change tier on your car, like put it on your back and then go get a new one? Is this still true or was it just a rumour?

lol, check the "rustycar" video, it will answer Your question about the tire.

Question:

Will there be an official way/tool to change the languagesetting in localised Versions ż e.g. german version to english text ż

A: Ok there will be no option to change languages seems like they bound it to the CDKey but thats BISs little secret.

Question:

Will there be an official way/tool to change the languagesetting in localised Versions ż e.g. german version to english language ż

Your brain. tounge2.gif

Q: Has there been any word on anyone (like Prima) developing a Strategy Guide for AmaA?

OFP had a simple Prima Strategy Guide, but it wasn't that useful. It was more of a SP & MP walk-through guide with tiny grey-scale screenshots and no maps at all. It was rather small too, being a novel-sized booklet, compared to the large glossy magazine-sized guides with lots of maps they developed for other games in later years.

PC game strategy guides are obsolete. I'd say they're only useful for console games where you can't minimize your game and check a website for hints and tips for example...

Q: Has there been any word on anyone (like Prima) developing a Strategy Guide for AmaA?

OFP had a simple Prima Strategy Guide, but it wasn't that useful. It was more of a SP & MP walk-through guide with tiny grey-scale screenshots and no maps at all. It was rather small too, being a novel-sized booklet, compared to the large glossy magazine-sized guides with lots of maps they developed for other games in later years.

For a Strategy Guide ... join your national Army for some years ;-)

Strategy guide writers are usually very lazy and only write down stuff that you already know or can find in the game.

Best strategy guide would be a simulated "field manual" that would actually TEACH you things you couldn't get any other way (except by reading 1,001 web pages).

It is possible to command many groups leaded by humans ? This is will be cool for coops.

Already answered many times on the forums. There is no more limit on squad size smile_o.gif

It is possible to command many groups leaded by humans ? This is will be cool for coops.

Already answered many times on the forums. There is no more limit on squad size smile_o.gif

200 man squad, here I come biggrin_o.gif

What sort of amounts of lag could one expect with 200 players on a multiplayer server?

Already answered many times on the forums. There is no more limit on squad size  smile_o.gif

Sorry for my bad english but is not I want ask.

It is possible have a commander human who command many groups when each groups leaded by other human ?

Exemple : a human commander who command alpha black, bravo black and charlie black, when those groups are leaded by humans.

Thanks for replies.

Sorry for my bad english but is not I want ask.

It is possible have a commander human who command many groups when each groups leaded by other human ?

Exemple : a human commander who command alpha black, bravo black and charlie black, when those groups are leaded by humans.

Thanks for replies.

you mean like company - platoon - squad kinda thingy? its non-existence adds many limits to the game...

Simple question can somone plz answer it. Will the German version have StarForce in it.