Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

Q: Will any BF2 players play ArmA now and do stupid things?

A: YES! Here's an example of a "bunnyhopper" supposed to transport you and your squad to the battefront.

biggrin_o.gif

How is the blood going to look? Is it going to be, uh, real time wounds, or Operation Flashpoint style?

Is there any gore? (Doesn't matter)

Yes the things what I really missed from FPS games is realistic injurering/wounding system. Why we cant just remote enemies limbs, see a hitting holes on bodies and when lost too much blood then die (yes included in WGL5). I wanna more gore but in realistic way.

The debate surrounding 'gore' and realistic wounding has been done before. The concensus was that it adds nothing to the game, except for those who have sadistic tendancies. Even those advocating complete realism agreed that this was one area where realism wasn't actually needed or wanted.

The system used in OFP was fairly realistic for most wounds (with lose fitting uniforms you wouldn't see clear bullet holes, just the blood soaked material) without being explicit or gory.

Will there be any inaccessible terrain in Arma like steep cliffs.

Or can we crawl upon everything we want, just as we could in OFP? tounge2.gif

The debate surrounding 'gore' and realistic wounding has been done before. The concensus was that it adds nothing to the game, except for those who have sadistic tendancies.

But the black out effects was great!

Sorry if I missed this but does Armed Assault sold in non-english speaking countries have the option to use english in-game?

Will there be a BAN function on multiplayer where server admins can ban I.Ds rather than than having to write them down then adding a ban list to there server folder something like #ban name and id?

welcome.gif

Sorry if I missed this but does Armed Assault sold in non-english speaking countries have the option to use english in-game?

No. It will have English Speech, but the Text will be in the countries native language. smile_o.gif

I have a question about patching. I assume that ArmA won't be bug-free (hell, who am I kidding), so I was wondering how the bug-testing of the patches will be done.

What I understand of it, is that patches need to be bug-tested by publishers, right? But with ArmA, there are many publishers. Will that delay the releases of patches between multi-language continents or is BIS doing the bug-testing themselves?

Which graphic card will be better to play arma?

I mean ATI or NVidea based GPU?

I'm asking because I'm buying a new graphic card, and we know that some games have better performace on ATI based, while others on NVidea based GPU.

Anybody know the answer?

MyDogy, you shouldn't really compare videocards like that, you can't say that NVidia is better than ATI, or the other way around. It depends on how much money you have to spend, and with the amount of money look for the best card, either being ATI or NVidia.

Oh, and the things like 'NVidia, the way it's meant to be played' is bollocks, just some commercial stuff they put in games.

Like I said, just take the best card with the best performance for your money.

My card is an NVidia GeForce purely because that was the best card for the amount of money I had at the moment. (ASUS 7600GT).

Good luck.

MyDogy, you shouldn't really compare videocards like that, you can't say that NVidia is better than ATI, or the other way around.

That isn't what he said. He said that some games run better on ATI cards, and some games run better on Nvidia cards. This is true.

His question was what card is Arma shooting for.

Q: Which sound API is used by ArmA?

A:

It is OpenAL that is used in ArmA smile_o.gif

MyDogy, you shouldn't really compare videocards like that, you can't say that NVidia is better than ATI, or the other way around.

That isn't what he said. He said that some games run better on ATI cards, and some games run better on Nvidia cards. This is true.

His question was what card is Arma shooting for.

In those cases the difference is small, you can't just choose a card by who makes it. You have to look at the individual cards themselves at whatever price range you are at.

Does ArmA support widescreen? I see alot of the new monitors for sale are widescreen, and I'm considering buying one. It's only a matter of time before widescreens are standard monitors. 1680x1050 is a typical resolution for 20 inch and above widescreen monitors.

Does ArmA support widescreen? I see alot of the new monitors for sale are widescreen, and I'm considering buying one. It's only a matter of time before widescreens are standard monitors. 1680x1050 is a typical resolution for 20 inch and above widescreen monitors.

It does support it. Talk a closer look at this screenshot (IgroMIr):

http://www.armedassault-community.de/main....304.JPG

It does support it. Talk a closer look at this screenshot (IgroMIr):

http://www.armedassault-community.de/main....304.JPG

You're right. It does  smile_o.gif However I dont see any higher options that 1280. So can anybody confirm that 1280 x something is maximum resolution? The 20+ inch LCD widescreens usually (always?) have higher native resolution.

Widescreens are obviously the future. I think most new lcd's launched in 2007 will be widescreen. And since we probably will play ArmA for several years, I bet many of us will end up playing it on widescreens.

It's not maximum resolution. I think the monitor had this as maximum resolution and therefor everything higher was disabled.

That should be normal for most 4:3 17" and 19" TFTs.

I dunno if this belong to ARMA FAQ , but since i dont want to waste space making a new topic.

Do you know where i can preorder the German Version? (other than Ebay.de)

Seems they all rate it highest though,if only we could read it..I'm moreso interested in that really long one.