Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

Chances are that the bullet ricoheting is more like OFP:E,mostly visible during night time. I just hope a helicopter gunner doesnt get smart and ricohet's rounds off the ground or that they changed that. In OFP:E they kept their explosive properties after bouncing crazy_o.gif

Another question, i didnt notice infantry smoke nades in any vid, does anyone knows if we gone have them ?

Another question, i didnt notice infantry smoke nades in any vid, does anyone knows if we gone have them ?

I don't see why they wouldn't be in the game.

I just hope they actually work now as opposed to OFP where a smoke grenade was just a waste of an inventory slot in SP.

Placebo: will the previously mentioned CZ/DE/PL/RU/SK boxes have english speech in Campaign/Commands or will speech be localized, too? Thanks in advance.

Placebo: will the previously mentioned CZ/DE/PL/RU/SK boxes have english speech in Campaign/Commands or will speech be localized, too? Thanks in advance.

Dunno about the other countries, but CZ version will have english audio with Czech subtitles (still this doesn't tell if there will be option of selecting english text - probably not).

Q: Will the Czech version will allow english subtitles ?

A: No, no and NO !

Q: Will we be hidden by grass as the grass won't be displayed far from the player ?

A: You will be hidden by going "through" the floor, seen from far. AI won't see you if you are well hidden.

Q: Will we be hidden by grass as the grass won't be displayed far from the player ?

A: You will be hidden by going "through" the floor, seen from far. AI won't see you if you are well hidden.

Source? I thought the player got (a bit) 'see trough', like on joint operations? huh.gif

Excuse me if this topic is already adressed..

Is is possible for certain munitions to be able to pierce through different stuff.I.E a magnum shell can go through a man, or a high velocity rifle round can penetrate a car door.This kind of thing.

As the Civvies seem to take a more realistic role in the game,can hostages be taken ?

Do they run about screaming during a shootout ?

Could there be some way of shooting out a dashboard of a vehicle, then this being unable to be driven?

Or perhaps fuel tanks when shot will ignite that vehicle ?

What if dense jungle could be chopped using a machete, and a pathway forged through thick growth ?

If I blast an area with arty for a while, will it change its texture and become full of shell holes?

BIS did say there would be more realistic bullet penetration,I'm gonna be scared to fight against an AK now since they can go through pretty much any civilian based cover...hm..civilians...hostages..I sense a CS mod possibility but done right.

Hostages would be a good addition to the already exellent host of goodies were are getting.

Certainly having ammo rated by its penetration is a welcome bonus and like everyone I cant wait either.

Maybe after firefights have the 'baddies' cap any wounded ect.

Heh, I cant wait to see whats new in terms of scripting for us to get our noodels around.

I'd love there to be enhanced urban activaty such as perhaps civvies walking the dog from their house ect, everyday stuff scripted to run randomly.Basically a simulated realistic environment covering real life activaty.

SF operations could really come to life if a civvie sees enemy soldiers jumping over a fence nearby and starts screaming about it, or at night, have lights come on in houses.Small touches that boost the overall realism.

Some new animations of people freaking out and dropping to the ground covering their heads,or taking cover draws the player into a more believable scenario than a few droids aimlessly standing doing nothing.

Another quick idea could be to have  an entrenching tool.This could be used to dig in if need be and a small defensive pos created.Hell if possible, the more dug out the bigger the hole.

Dont know the situation concerning tunnels is atm, not too sure, but the prospect of bunker complexes is too much for me .....

I'm going to have to lie down for a minute now!

SSD

BIS did say there would be more realistic bullet penetration,I'm gonna be scared to fight against an AK now since they can go through pretty much any civilian based .

Does anyone knows something more about bullet penetration in AA ?

It seems no Soviet troops in the game just like OFP? A little pity...

It seems no Soviet troops in the game just like OFP? A little pity...

The Soviet Union no longer exists - BIS can't keep creating games with early 1980s settings.

The USSR may not exist but communism does,when I look at Sahranhi I thinkg North and South Korea so to speak.

The USSR may not exist but communism does,when I look at Sahranhi I thinkg North and South Korea so to speak.

maybe the UN should impose sanctions as well here, hmm

thumbs-up.gif

i'd like to know where the U.S. release date is mentioned, and when the demo will be available for d/l as well.

if no publisher is available to release in th states prior to Q1 2007 i saw for EU,

will there be online distribution for NOV.30 release?

We,being the US,have no publisher or possible release date rofl.gif ............ banghead.gif I'll be buyin it from the UK probably.

A quick question:

Will the head movement inside vehicles be visible to other players unlike in OFP?

Will the head movement inside vehicles be visible to other players unlike in OFP?

Yes. Already done in OFP:E and we saw it in the earliest Arma screenshots (see the UH-60 pilots)

I can't recall seeing this workin in MP in OFP:E

and how do you know that it where other players on the screen?

I do hope this works, can't check it in OFP:E just stopped paying Live, and don't have friends... who have OFP:E

Will see in the next months if this feature is implemented

Fair point, I mis-read the original question, specificially the 'players' part. With the improvements to the netcode, who knows if they were able to add the communication necessary for head movements to show in MP. If they have, then that 'training area' vid from a couple of weeks back would be the best place to spot it.

Hopefully as good a place as any..

Will the mod and addon tools be written in English?

Answer;don't know biggrin_o.gif