Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

@ Sep. 24 2006,04:57)]my question is about shaders, not normal maps...normal mapping are textures, and u must have them to creat an addon.

now shader's are pieces of code, that generate several passes/techniques to the objecs. u ever tryed rendermonkey from ati?...that should let have a good idea of how shaders work.

Ah okay,my apoligies then. Since its coding as you said then I have no knowledge of such things and once more apologize for my eh..assumption.

Does ArmA support Unicode?

Once ArmA supports Unicode, it gets easy to implement any language.

Hello. I didn't look at ALL 17 pages of this topic, but was wondering  if ArmA has the same physics as in reality... since most have asked about destroyable buildings!

thats quite cool, i think i heard somewhere only some buildings would be destrolyable.. and some wont..

Was just wondering if thay have implemented that CRAP that's in some other well known games games like BF2,COD etc,Like jumping 10ft with all ur gear on which makes a game look like WATERSHIP DOWN full of bunny jumping rabbits wich makes a game so unrealistic so lets hope there's no jump button to prees,

ps If it's allredy been asked sorry icon_rolleyes.gif

well, this is more like a sugestion then a question, but i'm gona ask anyway... having some thousands of hour playing MP ofp with my friends, i got used to having only a maximum of 5 or 6 lines of text messages displayed. if there's a lot of plp in the server chating ( we all hope arma brings full servers again), sometimes its hard to read all messages...eventually u'll lost some lines and ask the other guy to repeat it...

in many other games,when in mp mode, u have a larger text window, usualy to big in my opinion...

so my sugestion/question is:

will arma have an improved chat box? my sugestion is, have 2 versions of chat box. one large and the other one with "classic" ofp dimensions. then u can toggle window sizes by clicking a key or combination of keys (ctr+"x"). it works like a "history" of messages. can be very handy for sure, and its simple code work.

this is probably the smallest detail someone mentioned here, but my intencion is the best... smile_o.gif

you do realise in ofp you can scroll through all the messages in the chat window?

press the chat key then page up/page down

ty messiah for the fast answer! actually i didnt know u can scroll text on ofp! banghead.gif thanks for the tip! this makes my previous post the most useless one i guess! rofl.gif

but being able to change chat box dimension with a key wouldnt be bad at all.

took me a while to find it as well

i assume BIS will keep the scroll... would be silly to remove it

Will people with slower internet connections (ISDN) be able to play Arma online ?

Answer by Suma:

Quote[/b] ]I would even say ArmA bandwidth requiremens are lower than OFP, thanks to numerous optimizations, but as already said, it really depends on the mission, and with more players and more complex missions the bandwidth requirements will be higher.

While developing Xbox version, we estimated around 32kbps per player is needed on the server in a moderately complex mission, including voice over net. Your hosting options will therefore be quite limited, but you should be able to play at least some missions.

That said, I do not have any solid numbers from ArmA net testing yet, therefore the above is only estimation and it is by no means guaranteed.

Will the voice command "que" still be a problem like it was in OFP?

answer by Suma:

Quote[/b] ]While there were serious problems in this area in OFP, they were never as serious as yoor e.g. would suggest. If Papa Bear was saying something (which it did on side channel), you could say anything you wanted to on the group channel meanwhile.

Now (since OFP:Elite) you can even interrupt your own transmittions with a more urgent ones, therefore this should no longer be a problem.

wink_o.gif

Will there be any addon clients ether built in or provided with the release?

Like Certa did with OFPWatch?

Q: Will your finger move when you pull the trigger in Armed Assault?

A: You bet your ass it will. biggrin_o.gif

Where has this been confirmed?

Q: Will your finger move when you pull the trigger in Armed Assault?

A: You bet your ass it will. biggrin_o.gif

Where has this been confirmed?

Please stop the childish bickering else I will indeed be forced to ban people, this thread is for discussing screenshots, not flaming, not trolling, not spamming, but discussing screenshots like the mature adults you should all be.

In the latest build the finger indeed animates when firing, can you all get back on track now please?

here wink_o.gif

Thanks Bravo 6.

And armandobronca I read these forums everyday and I'm sorry I missed the one post that had the info I wanted.

Great, no more heated debated about trigger fingers! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And armandobronca I read these forums everyday and I'm sorry I missed the one post that had the info I wanted.

I think he might've meant it for himself because he erased his post.

Ok, I wonder if there will be some serious bugs with server/client options like in original OFP.

For example:

Server and clients used "Smoke ON" in the options, but one client disabled it (because he has a slow PC). Of course, when the smoke grenades are deployed this client gets some easy kills crazy_o.gif hopefully this will be fixed in Arma.

slight offtopic:

We played SWAT4 in the past months and pre-Stetchkov versions 1.0 and 1.1 all had a nasty bug when the clients had 0,5cm difference in height of a crosshair! So practically when one guy saw hitting enemy in various parts of body with blood spraying, other coplayer clients yelled at him why is he shooting in the obstacle in front of him. smile_o.gif

Got a question, does anyone knows are we gona have tracers in AA and how realistic they gona be ?

I'm pretty sure I've seen tracers in the videos floating around. I would assume the option to turn off rifle tracers will be present as it was in Operation: Flashpoint.