Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

could anyone let us know, would a downloadable option be available? help.gif

We're currently working on it, when it's finalised we'll make the announcement.

I hope this doesn't effect distribution in shops, such a pain in the arse having to download it and not even being able to put it on cd mad_o.gif

Are we talking about the DEMO or the entire ARMA game?

Retail version of ArmA is what I'm talking about, no idea what the rest of you are talking about wink_o.gif

could anyone let us know, would a downloadable option be available?  help.gif

I hope this doesn't effect distribution in shops, such a pain in the arse having to download it and not even being able to put it on cd  mad_o.gif

check my post in Steam thread http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49498

btw. even Steam allows backup onto CD/DVD ...

could anyone let us know, would a downloadable option be available?  help.gif

If a downloadable retail version of the game is in the works and set to be released, I hope there will be plenty of available servers to download from after paying. Fast Download speeds; there will be ALOT of downloads

(I remember downloading ofp patches from BIS and god they were slow.)

Guest Ti0n3r

Great to hear that Placebo. Hope you work something out smile_o.gif

Retail version of ArmA is what I'm talking about..

we still going to have 2 demos (single player and multiplayer) as planed or plans changed?

ps- i would really like to have at least a single MP mission for 2 players in that Retail version of ARMA.

we still going to have 2 demos (single player and multiplayer) as planed or plans changed?

Plans are the same regarding demos.

Plans are the same regarding demos.

..these demos, will they be 100% complete or still WIP?

at GDC rasta said that the demos will be based on the gold version of ArmA.

at GDC rasta said that the demos will be based on the gold version of ArmA.

yay.gif  Yippy!  yay.gif

P.S.  Why the hell is there a dancing banana in the smiles anyway?

Is there any new (official) information about the localization?

Will the game be translated in other languages, or will there be an english only release with different subtitles or will it be one huge multilingual release with vocals in different languages on one disc?

Anyone can confirm weather it will be possible to change the game's localization yet? (text, dialogue and everything else..)

Regarding respawn...

- Vehicles

Will vehicle respawn be integrated into the game for inclusion in C&H/CTF/ETC maps? Or will mission editors still have to use a 3rd party script that may or may not work properly all the time?

- Player

Will player respawn type be selectable within the mission editor? It was always an immense pain in the ass to edit the description.ext by hand.

Will players still respawn (in multiplayer) with an M16/AK47 + 1 clip or will players respawn with their original armament reloaded and everything? This was one of the things that was the biggest pain in the ass to script in the whole game.

Can loadouts be configured without the use of addWeapon removeWeapon addMagazine etc in the mission editor?

Spetz,

Cross posting from other forums is not permitted.

Hoz

I already got in trouble with that sometime ago

i guess i will have to accept the responsibilties by getting scolded 3 times in the other posts

Does ArmA support changing armaments of vehicles in the mission?

OFP doesn't allow changing armaments so we have to prepare several addons according to its armaments, e.g.

F/A-18(LGB)

F/A-18(Mk82)

F/A-18(AMRAAM)

F/A-18(AIM-9M)

etc...

It's a quite ridiculous approach. huh.gif

Your mistaken,changing weaponry ingame is already possible in the mission. You don't always have to choose different weapons to clog up the unit selection screen to specify what it is that you want,it is possible that if done right,you can be near an ammo truck or some kind of ammo designated unit and change weaponry to several types.

When BIS said minimum requirements, what does that entail? Running AA smoothly on 1Km distance, 500m, 256x256 textures, 512x512, etc? Any idea on this?

If OFP can be of any indication , the minimum specs for OFP were stated at a 600mhz CPU for CWC and a 733 mhz CPU for Resistance.

And i am not sure anyone with such minimum CPU could have a pleasant OFP experience.

So if Armed Assault follow the same pattern ...

...I should be OK!

No, I used to run OFP on an 833MHz machine, and the poor thing would baulk at the big levels in CWC. I'd want to gun up and over the minimum BIS-posted specs before getting ArmedA.

Incoming Quad Royale!  biggrin_o.gif

I ran OFP nicely with a 420mhz celeron with 1280x1024 resolution. Remember, vanilla OFP is so much smoother than addons and all, they suck FPS like mad.

i cant see any information (other then we users will need shader 2.0 suport videocards) about the use of shaders...so i will ask here.

Will users be able to create their own shaders and aplly it to an addon? or is it hardcored on game engine and bullet proof?

in other words, if i add an .fx file to the addon folder will i be able to tell arma engine to use it in some parts of the addon mesh? maybe through the config file and named selections.

hope this isnt to technical question, but since we'r gona have dx materials, i presume it would be possible.hope so!

Normal mapping is probably applied like a texture is and activated via config from what BIS has put on wikipedia,a coded entry that defined red,green and blue values amongst a few other things,that way its not too green too red or too blue and so on.

Will addon creators be able to use it? I would tend to think so,why bother putting in such a feature if only official vehicles can use it?

my question is about shaders, not normal maps...normal mapping are textures, and u must have them to creat an addon.

now shader's are pieces of code, that generate several passes/techniques to the objecs. u ever tryed rendermonkey from ati?...that should let have a good idea of how shaders work.