Sign in to follow this  
CsonkaPityu

Armed Assault FAQ

Q: any chance we'll see ArmA on the XBOX 360?

Searched but couldnt find...

Well, lucky for me i didnt have to research far to get an answer to this question:

Quote[/b] ]General discussion about our PC game ARMED ASSAULT.

The forum's subtitle. firefoxlover.gif

I think he asked a good question no reason to make him look like an ass.

In your way of thinking there is no "game 2", cause I dont see a "game 2" fourm here. There is next gen but that doesnt say "game 2" so there must not be a game too.

Go get a beer and be a nice man.

huh.gif I was just trying to give a definite answer with stuff to back it up... I was afraid i'd have to hunt down an interview with placebo, was pleasantly surprised is all.

About the demo, will the whole map be in the demo? (was it like that for the OFP demo?) because if it was then wouldnt we basically be downloading the game for free? (except we'd have a couple of bugs and miss the campaign mode). Even if you didnt enable the mission editor (it would still have to be there right as thats what you would make the demo missions with eh?) wouldnt some clever person be able to get it working?

The whole map would make for one hefty file download too wouldnt it? While some of us here would spend our lives waiting for it this would put off casual gamers.

Cheers.

No! In the OFP MP Demo you had a small place of an island. If you got out the area you explode wink_o.gif And if you looked on the map you only see the trees in you area....

Try it! demos

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Q: any chance we'll see ArmA on the XBOX 360?

ArmA is a PC game right now, but you never now what could happen in the future? ;P

Nr:1 On my most wanted list...ArmA.

Nr:2 A Geforce 6800PCX gfx card. So i can run 512mb

in SLI mode...Together with my 2MB ram and 3.2ghz P4 with

HT Techs...

Nr:1 On my most wanted list...ArmA.

Nr:2 A Geforce 6800PCX gfx card. So i can run 512mb

in SLI mode...Together with my 2MB ram and 3.2ghz P4 with

HT Techs...

2MB of RAM!! what a beast biggrin_o.gif

About the demo, will the whole map be in the demo? (was it like that for the OFP demo?) because if it was then wouldnt we basically be downloading the game for free? (except we'd have a couple of bugs and miss the campaign mode). Even if you didnt enable the mission editor (it would still have to be there right as thats what you would make the demo missions with eh?) wouldnt some clever person be able to get it working?

The whole map would make for one hefty file download too wouldnt it? While some of us here would spend our lives waiting for it this would put off casual gamers.

Cheers.

No, it will feature only a part of the actual island (all the non-mission related areas will be empty of trees and other objects) only to be used for the specific missions that will be included.

As far that I remember the Cold War Crisis demo included the following.

- T72.

- Soldier. (East & West)

- Machine gunner. (East & West)

- RPG soldier. (East & West)

- Officer. (East & West)

- Medic. (East & West)

- AT soldier. (West)

- Pilot. (West)

- Crew. (East)

- BMP1.

- UH60 Blackhawk.

- M939 5-Ton truck.

- M131 Jeep.

Not only was it riddled with bugs because it was technically the 1.0 version of Flashpoint, it also lacked a few features. You couldn't drop a Anti-tank weapon when you had one for example. Oh and some sounds were not the same such as the M16 and AK74. Demo missions were also slightly different; Clean Sweep's 3 blackops were replaced by a West squad and Ambush had a different ending that made me actually get interested in the game

Quote[/b] ]

***Spoilers*** (highlight text)<span style='color:white'>You don't evacuate like in the version of the full game but are shot down by a Shilka and need to eject with the rest of your surviving squad. The mission then ends with a black screen that said "what are you going to do ? *text disappears* Hide ? *text disappears* Fight ? *text disappears* Surrender ?"

</span>

One feature that I missed from the full game was the fact that the units had real unit designations. (3rd armoured, 5th infantry)

Guest Ti0n3r

Why is the flag patch on the arm of the US soldiers 'reversed'? Is it supposed to look like that?

Yes, that's the way it looks IRL (example). It's meant to symbolize the US advancing forward. Try google if you wanna now more about it.

Here's something... different.

Q: Will I get a group discount (or something like that) if I buy more than one (say, 5 maybe) copies of the game?

(and sell them for my friends at a lower price... to make sure they have it) tounge2.gif

will there be a hight limit that aircraft and planes can get to on AA, on ofp its about 30,000 well thats how far i can go?, in AA may we ba allowed into space? would be very cool for SciFi mods,

and before you contradict me on ofp i know about space mod.

I know on the first page of this thread, BIS said they didn't have a world-wide publisher for AA yet, but I think I heard this week they found a publisher who was "focused on German-speaking areas". huh.gif Does this mean we won't see AA on store shelves in the US, or are they still looking to find a company to distrubute world-wide?

A question all my friends have been asking, is Will the German version contain the English version too? eg: OFP alowed you to choose what language to use.

Quote[/b] ]A question all my friends have been asking, is Will the German version contain the English version too? eg: OFP alowed you to choose what language to use.

I hope so - If it will, then I'll definately get one imported from Germany (if the release date is radically different for Germany and Australia)

I wonder if the fighter aircrafts will have guided bombs? in Operation flashpoint, there was no guiding system for bombs.

Quote[/b] ]A question all my friends have been asking, is Will the German version contain the English version too? eg: OFP alowed you to choose what language to use.

I hope so - If it will, then I'll definately get one imported from Germany (if the release date is radically different for Germany and Australia)

Ah, you finally spelled apostrophes correctly tounge2.gif

I wonder if the fighter aircrafts will have guided bombs? in Operation flashpoint, there was no guiding system for bombs.

Err, there were laser guided bombs on the A-10 in one of the OFP patches.

Err, there were laser guided bombs on the A-10 in one of the OFP patches.

Yes, they were indeed!

the only thing Bis should make in arma is too upgrade the system itself:

1. ALL map players (one side) should be able to target targets for A10 with painters.

2. Guided bombs could be droped from higher altitude!

3. MP must support better code for guided bombimg,as at this case in OFP lag kills the fun of guided bombs.

Haha .. if this will be implemented it will definately change CTI gaming! yay.gif

I know that BIS has a signed deal with a russian publisher, but i couldn't find any info about who that publisher is specifcally. I'm guessing it's either Buka or 1C, as they published Red Hammer and Resistance in Russia and the baltic states, can anyone enlighten me?

Russian Publisher is Akella.

ArmA publishing agreements were signed with Morphicon for Germany, LEM for Poland, Akella for Russia and Conquest Entertainment/JRC for Czech and Slovak Republic.

Source:IDEA

could anyone let us know, would a downloadable option be available? help.gif

could anyone let us know, would a downloadable option be available? help.gif

We're currently working on it, when it's finalised we'll make the announcement.

could anyone let us know, would a downloadable option be available?  help.gif

We're currently working on it, when it's finalised we'll make the announcement.

I hope this doesn't effect distribution in shops, such a pain in the arse having to download it and not even being able to put it on cd mad_o.gif